Princess ID Cards

sennertd

I didn't realize anyone ever criticized people who wear their cards on lanyards. I have always done that because then I don't have to wonder where I left it and don't have to worry about carrying a purse or wearing something with pockets. If I don't want it to show I simply tuck it inside my top.

Spot on. Me too. I LOVE the freedom of being able to navigate the ship with only my card on a lanyard (tucked in or out of my shirt at my choice). No wallet, no keys, no fear of absent-mindedly leaving my card somewhere.:D

We can tell who is Elite by the way they act and treat other passengers.

Or just by the way they highlight it in their Cruise Critic signature ...

I really hope you didn't mean to be snarky and meant that in a nice way instead.

A majority of the Elites we've met have been nice, happy and helpful. It seems the few bad apples get all the attention around here.

Or just by the way they highlight it in their Cruise Critic signature ...

I really hope you didn't mean to be snarky and meant that in a nice way instead.

A majority of the Elites we've met have been nice, happy and helpful. It seems the few bad apples get all the attention around here.

My thoughts exactly.

Nothing wrong with having a lanyard for your card. We use it all the time except on formal nights and when we do it is usually worn inside the shirt.

It can't be a status symbol anymore to be Elite when there is a large percentage on the ship that are. We can tell who is Elite by the way they act and treat other passengers.

The one recommendation wherever you carry your card is to keep it away from anything magnetic. I must have gone through 5 different cards on the last voyage because of the magnetic watchband on my Apple watch.

I'm glad you can recognise me as an Elite passenger. Is this because I am friendly to passengers and crew, always use my manners even when tested by some rude passengers and always happy to be cruising? I'm sure this is what you meant.

I'm glad you can recognise me as an Elite passenger. Is this because I am friendly to passengers and crew, always use my manners even when tested by some rude passengers and always happy to be cruising? I'm sure this is what you meant.

Well said..

And apparently good manners to not just too rude passengers, but rude posters too

Srpilo

I think they are a little dorky but it's your choice to look any way you want to.

:D

:D i will agree they can look dorky lol but i will still wear one then i know where my cards are and don't lose them :)

Pockets work great- never lost mine yet.

well that all depends on the pocket my dress has none and with things i have pockets in some are fine and you wont lose stuff and others are not as i have lost money out of pockets so yeah you may not have but i have :(

well that all depends on the pocket my dress has none and with things i have pockets in some are fine and you wont lose stuff and others are not as i have lost money out of pockets so yeah you may not have but i have :(

That could present a problem.

My wife makes sure her shorts always have pockets.

That could present a problem.

My wife makes sure her shorts always have pockets.

i got only two slacks with out i rather pockets too i have slacks for work that i have bought for over 20yrs same brand every thing but last few they have taken short cuts with them made them smaller let alone the pockets shallow compared to the ones they used to have which were deep shallow ones basically hold nothing and if anything in them it does not stay in them for very long at all be it keys hankies or money sadly i changed brands and found a better one but i am not sure they have them any more so i hope the ones i have last a long time

all my shorts have pockets :)

Edited by Hawka

IMHO - Wearing a lanyard in port or keeping your excursion tag on after an excursion can target you as a "rich" cruise passenger - be safe out there

Personally I have never used a lanyard in 25 years and have never lost my cruise card

IMHO - Wearing a lanyard in port or keeping your excursion tag on after an excursion can target you as a "rich" cruise passenger - be safe out there

Personally I have never used a lanyard in 25 years and have never lost my cruise card

Yep, they'll never know your a tourist unless you wear that lanyard.

The richer ones have black cards.

It's not the lanyard that makes you look like a tourist in the port. The way you are dressed, the way you act and the fact you are visiting the tourist areas and excursions is what highlights the fact that you aren't a local.

Get the card punched and put it on a lanyard. If you're embarrassed by it, or if you just find the lanyard annoying, take it off and put it in your pocket. Best of both worlds.

I wear a lanyard at work every day and I find it annoying when I walk. I like the idea of having the card secured to my body so I don't lose it, so I might explore other options like a clip to the pocket or something.

I use a lanyard while onboard. While off ship and in the evenings I simply loop it around a belt loop and stick it in a pocket.

The only time one of the "lanyard people" annoyed me was at dinner during a formal night. My wife and I and the other couple at the table were dressed accordingly, one couple was dressed nicely but not formally. When I turned to greet them, before I could say a word he sneered at me and thrust his black "elite" card in my face. My only guess was he was using his status as an excuse for not dressing formally. I really did not care.

Note to Elites: It is incidents like this that create a bad impression. I realize that probably 99% never flaunt it but the 1% ruin it.

I would find it incredibly annoying to have it on a lanyard. If others want to use a lanyard it doesn't bother me or affect me in any way. My card is always in the same place - left rear pocket. That's where my hotel room keys go as well. The only time I don't carry my card there is on formal nights when it is generally in the pocket of my suit jacket.

My wife doesn't use a lanyard either but, if she decided she wanted to use one, I certainly wouldn't look down my nose at her or chide her for using one. I wonder why it matters to some people if others use a lanyard or not.

I use a lanyard while onboard. While off ship and in the evenings I simply loop it around a belt loop and stick it in a pocket.

The only time one of the "lanyard people" annoyed me was at dinner during a formal night. My wife and I and the other couple at the table were dressed accordingly, one couple was dressed nicely but not formally. When I turned to greet them, before I could say a word he sneered at me and thrust his black "elite" card in my face. My only guess was he was using his status as an excuse for not dressing formally. I really did not care.

Note to Elites: It is incidents like this that create a bad impression. I realize that probably 99% never flaunt it but the 1% ruin it.

How does a person thrust a card at someone? Sounds strange to me.

I think if anyone pushed a card in my face I would have to ask them what they needed...possible a drink? Call a waiter. ;)

Once I leave the ship, it goes inside my shirt. I'm not trying to hide the fact I'm a tourist. I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not a local. That being said, I'm also not waving around my cruise card or money. Pockets are pretty varied. I have some slacks that have a pocket & I will use it sometimes. However, some of my pockets just are not deep enough, as another poster said.

How does a person thrust a card at someone? Sounds strange to me.

I think if anyone pushed a card in my face I would have to ask them what they needed...possible a drink? Call a waiter. ;)

Not strange at all. It was on a lanyard around his neck, instead of just showing it to me (which would have been just as obnoxious) he extended his arm in my direction to make sure I could admire the full glory of his black elite card). I was the only object of the gesture. The look on his face said it all he was angry that I would even think of speaking to him. :rolleyes: