Free Internet on Harmony!

kruzerci

I am on Harmony. There were multiple problems yesterday getting to the terminal, partly because of Boat Show traffic so it was slow getting to the port, but once through port security we were in line in our Uber ride for over a half hour trying to get into Terminal 18. The police and Security people along the way kept saying it was due to Harmony not allowing people off the ship, but that didn't make sense. We finally just got out of the Uber and rolled our luggage to the other side of the street, and walked down and into the terminal. Once inside, at around 11:40, all went quickly and we were shortly on board. But after that, not sure what actually happened, but the Captain announced that there was a technical problem in the Terminal which was delaying passenger boarding. They moved our 4:30 muster to 4:45. Later the Captain again apologized for the delay in passenger boarding and announced free wifi for all as an apology from Royal. Very impressed with how Royal handled this! But I have no idea what happened in the Terminal to delay boarding. Heard so many rumors, including that the Royal Family (?) is onboard, but I don't put a lot of faith in rumors. Also heard that Justin Bieber (?) was on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on Harmony. There were multiple problems yesterday getting to the terminal, partly because of Boat Show traffic so it was slow getting to the port, but once through port security we were in line in our Uber ride for over a half hour trying to get into Terminal 18. The police and Security people along the way kept saying it was due to Harmony not allowing people off the ship, but that didn't make sense. We finally just got out of the Uber and rolled our luggage to the other side of the street, and walked down and into the terminal. Once inside, at around 11:40, all went quickly and we were shortly on board. But after that, not sure what actually happened, but the Captain announced that there was a technical problem in the Terminal which was delaying passenger boarding. They moved our 4:30 muster to 4:45. Later the Captain again apologized for the delay in passenger boarding and announced free wifi for all as an apology from Royal. Very impressed with how Royal handled this! But I have no idea what happened in the Terminal to delay boarding. Heard so many rumors, including that the Royal Family (?) is onboard, but I don't put a lot of faith in rumors. Also heard that Justin Bieber (?) was on board!

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, please keep him.

Abandon your skepticism, sandebeach. Disembarkation WAS very slow yesterday. We were luggage tag 41 and the tags went up to 60 something and we weren't called until after 10:30. We weren't clear of the terminal until almost 11.

New passengers cannot board until the ship has a "zero count".

Disembarkation was a real boondoggle yesterday. There was an hour delay disembarking while the US Coast Guard was doing some sort of inspection. All crew had to be at their muster stations.

The port handler sort of gave up and some point and stopped putting bags in their assigned areas, so there was additional confusion with 5300 people trying to find their bags. Customs was also slow, for some reason, the Global Entry line stopped processing passengers for a spell.

After having finally cleared customs, there were simply not enough taxis to properly service the offloading passengers.

Side note: Our cab driver was a hoot -- he complained about Uber while simultaneously ripping us off.

That sounds about right. The last passengers were off the ship about 11, and I'm speaking from personal experience. Yesterday's disembarkation was a big cluster on so many levels, and i'm sure that had a lot to do with the delays in embarkation. I don't think there was a single thing that caused problems, there were many factors.

I hope they get things worked out, because while I very much enjoyed the TA on HOS, I'd avoid 7-day sailings out of Port Everglades. (On "shorter" trips like that, I'm looking for a low-hassle experience, and yesterday's port experience certainly didn't qualify.) While you may have been impressed with how RCCL handled things, I couldn't say the same about disembarkation. In fact, i'd give it a 1-star rating, because I'm not sure how it could have been any worse.

In comparison, embarkation in Barcelona was an absolute breeze. There were little to no lines to speak of.

I showed up about an hour late for my scheduled time of 7:40 to find that my number 17 had not yet been called. Customs and immigration was a total zoo. I didn't even have to find luggage and it still took 40 minutes from walking off the ship to clear customs and immigration. The luggage folks said they had only offloaded luggage up to #24 and the entire area appeared totally packed.

Did we come in at the same terminal that Oasis used every week? It seemed too tight fir 6000+ passengers.

Thank you to the Canadian responders, you made me giggle! If I see Justin, I will try to persuade him to spend more time in the USA!

Sadly, it isn't a joke to us. Even sadder, it appears that he is currently in Canada. ;)

290b4e62f815c0fd44fb234330b8661e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, please keep him.

I will gladly keep him (ugh hard to say!!) IF and ONLY if you take Trump and Clinton and lock em up somewhere so we can get new candidates

I will gladly keep him (ugh hard to say!!) IF and ONLY if you take Trump and Clinton and lock em up somewhere so we can get new candidates

Maybe Canada will build the wall and you will be stuck with all 3 of them.:eek::D

Edited by A&L_Ont

When we got off Harmony we got down to the terminal pretty quickly to find our bags were not in the designated area (12). Since I saw baggage handlers putting out bags 50-60......I went over and asked. I was told Royal was taking bags off the ship in no particular order. There were over 200 passengers just waiting on the one side of the terminal with bag numbers 1-30 while baggage handlers were putting out bags on the other side (30 and above). Many people missed early flights....

A total cluster......

I wonder if they will offer free internet perks throughout the sailing on normal sailings. I remember sailing the Oasis of the Seas a few years ago when I was walking through the Promenade and hearing someone announce there was free internet for one hour. It wasn't announced to the entire ship. I just happen to be at the right place at the right time. :)

That was a nice perk,

Yes it was really nice. I don't usually get the internet but for a three day sailing I said what the heck! Not even 10 minutes after I bought the internet the caption announced it was free to all. I received a credit for the amount I paid and everyone who pre-purchased it online also got credited. Very nice indeed. We also bought the royal IQ for I think 7.95 and it was great to chat with each other,saved confusion for a group of people sailing together. I would highly recommend the Royal IQ, it was great.

Edited by #55worktoplay