Horizon

Schoifmom

Some speculation for everyone. Horizon is still not showing up on any of the usual port schedules that have been released which is very odd. There are 3 listings for Gibraltar in May 2018 for a ship called Vista Class (yes I know those belong to other Carnival Corp lines) BUT the gross tons match what has been released for Horizon and is much larger than any of the actual Vista Class ships sailing. Also, the booking agency is the same one that did the Vista sailings. They could all be place holders until the TA is ironed out if they are going to sail her to the US for the summer season :mad: That would make a very short Med season for sure.

http://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules

There are rumblings from people who have sailed with JH recently that he has hemmed and hawed about a Europe season (or a full season).

Ok, have fun!

Was on the Repo Cruise from New York to Miami and in John's question and answer session he did indeed hem and haw about whether the Horizon would sail in Europe summer of 2018. He also said the Horizon's homeport is already decided but of course would not say which port it is.

I spoke too soon! Looks like a very short Med season. Civitavecchia has posted today Carnival Vistaclasse with calls April 4, 18, 25 & May 1 2018. Nothing after that all summer :(

http://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/it

The only other option would be if she headed to the Baltics. Those ports don't have anything past 2017 posted at all. Not holding my breath though. I think we will be choosing Europe on another cruise line OR the new ship here.

Edited by trvlgirlmq

I spoke too soon! Looks like a very short Med season. Civitavecchia has posted today Carnival Vistaclasse with calls April 4, 18, 25 & May 1 2018. Nothing after that all summer :(

The only other option would be if she headed to the Baltics. Those ports don't have anything past 2017 posted at all. Not holding my breath though. I think we will be choosing Europe on another cruise line OR the new ship here.

I'm still hoping for a British Isles cruise. Those would happen following the Med season, so ... :confused:

I'm still hoping for a British Isles cruise. Those would happen following the Med season, so ... :confused:

Those ports are also not posting past 2017 (some of them nothing after this year yet). So it's a waiting game until Carnival releases details.

We also want a true British Isles cruise. Princess released their 2018 schedule yesterday and their 12 night BI cruise 4 people in an Inside cabin was over $7100!!! Without gratuities. Not happening.

Those ports are also not posting past 2017 (some of them nothing after this year yet). So it's a waiting game until Carnival releases details.

We also want a true British Isles cruise. Princess released their 2018 schedule yesterday and their 12 night BI cruise 4 people in an Inside cabin was over $7100!!! Without gratuities. Not happening.

I would not give up hope just quite yet.

Sent from my iPhone

If you are looking at Princess BI - prices seem to drop significantly after final payment.

We went in May this year:

Feb 2016 - booked at $2450 CAD person inside

April 2016 - after final price dropped to $1685 CAD / person. Princess adjusted the price and refunded the difference

April 2016 - a few weeks later price dropped again, no refund but upgraded us to ocean view.

As for Horizon, i have my eye on the TA and it doesn't really matter to me what time of year. Unless it's too expensive and we will do NCL instead with free drinks!

Jenn :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Yes, but not for the reasons you might think. The Horizon's first few months are likely to be spent cruising around Europe, followed by a transatlantic to New York, followed by a repositioning to its new home port (I'm betting on Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Galveston, or Port Canaveral, but they could surprise me).

More interesting is that when a new home port is chosen for the Horizon, that will probably mean that one or more ships will move to a different port, and that will probably mean some nice, interesting, one-way trips. Those are the ones that interest me the most.

Me too! Looking for those repo cruises! Got spoiled last year...:D

Just a thought, but is it possible that Carnival Liberty (or Valor if Liberty is moved back) be sent to Fort Lauderdale after Carnival Splendor heads to Long Beach? This could open up a slot for Horizon along side Magic in Port Canaveral.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

I am excited for Horizon itineraries but not because we want to sail on her. We are hoping Horizon itineraries coming out will reduce the demand and price a little bit for Vista sailings. All of the Vista sailings for 2017 and into 2018 seem expensive and we really want to sail Vista. Granted Horizon doesn't sail until 2018 so we are thinking Magic in 2017 (to complete the Dream class) and Vista in 2018.p

Edited by djcass4199

Oh no.....please!!!! I want June. Barcelona Rome Naples Sicily. Etc etc...., fingers crossed....

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed my PVP and he said that we may see a schedule in January but maybe not until March. So whoever was saying December, I don't think so unless my PVP is mistaken. He also said the ship will stay in Europe for 6 months beginning March. So hopefully, there will be a lot of sailings to choose from in June July which are the dates I would like in Europe.

I emailed my PVP and he said that we may see a schedule in January but maybe not until March. So whoever was saying December, I don't think so unless my PVP is mistaken. He also said the ship will stay in Europe for 6 months beginning March. So hopefully, there will be a lot of sailings to choose from in June July which are the dates I would like in Europe.

John Heald mentioned December on the Vista cruises. Personally, I don't think anybody has any idea when they will come out. I will just keep checking daily, and not depend on what anybody at Carnival says.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think we are going to see the schedule. I booked ncl but will switch if the price and ports are right!!

Which NCL did you book? Our alternate is the Epic Nov 2018 if this doesn't work out. :). We haven't booked yet though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ha! Norwegian opened bookings for 2018/2019 yesterday so CCL better get on the ball or we will be Freestyling :D

For real, I just booked MSC for Spring 2018 to Dubai as I got tired of waiting for the Horizon. I can always cancel...but now I'm intrigued with this exotic itinerary. Plus they just lowered the price for the week I needed so I "bit."

Edited by Love2Cruz2015

Which NCL did you book? Our alternate is the Epic Nov 2018 if this doesn't work out. :). We haven't booked yet though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm actually booked on the epic in June and also booked the spirit for July 2018 ( Greece). I found carnival and NCL extremely similar. I Like both but usually I can find a better price on carnival therefore I lean towards saving dollars,lol!!