Horizon

Schoifmom

Nope, didn't interest me, Loretta. I am looking at NCL TA Sept/Oct 2018 that goes to Iceland, and waiting for RCI TA to come out for 2018. Had it been a Northern TA, I would have booked.

Although, I could have celebrated my birthday on Horizon TA..LOL

Oh, Deb, I am booked on NCL Jade Sept 29 -Oct 15 TA 2018 Viking one. Looks good. However, it says two days in Iceland online but only one on the confirmation.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

Hi Letti, met you on I believe bringing home the Pride or one of those

Cruises plus tea time you were fun. I met you in the Hotel in Tampa was just there a week ago

We booked the trans plus the cruise previous to it see you than

Jo & Bob from PA :)

well Jo and Bob, I will see you on the Horizon TA. Love the tea time on Carnival. Try to make it most sea days.

That's a nice hotel in Tampa. Forget the name, Harbor...? What is it again?

Thanks Lettie or Loretta!

That is so cool - I too can't wait to sail into Halifax - the first timeI am cruising to a Canadian port! LOLOL.

I agree. My problem is I never get up early enough to watch. Peak out my port hole. Sometimes, not much view. Will have to try and get up early and go on deck. Many sea days to catch my zzzs

I just priced NYE leaving from Miami and the prices are ridiculous...so I'll either book something different or pick another week.

I know the christmas holidays will be more, but not THAT much more....I'm sailing the Magic this year for NYE and it's over $1000 less than the prices quoted on Horizon.:eek:

Did you expect anything different??

checking out the deck plans for the Horizon...anyone else notice there is no Red Frog Pub/Brewery? Am I missing something?

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the "Good Spirits" show that One Cruise Experience Acccess Network is producing. If that's the case Horizon may be "Ocean Ready" as soon as Carnival implements the medallions.

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the "Good Spirits" show that One Cruise Experience Acccess Network is producing. If that's the case Horizon may be "Ocean Ready" as soon as Carnival implements the medallions.

i think the ocean ready and medallions is only for princess cruises. i dont see carnival corp moving that technology to the carnival fleet yet

i think the ocean ready and medallions is only for princess cruises. i dont see carnival corp moving that technology to the carnival fleet yet

While they were not explicit, it was def inferred that the rollout was costly and starting on Princess. I interpreted that as years for Carnival ships....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm curious to see what ports will be offered on the repo from NYC to Miami. It seems it will be an 8 days only sailing.

It was interesting that they left that off. I too looked for that one and saw 8 days did some head scratching....thought it would be longer and possibly a Journey cruise. There was two other holes (other than the once a month 4 days that I assume will go north). One when she first comes over, there is a 4 day hole and the other interesting thing was a two day to Nassau when she gets to Miami. I am sure it must be logistics but wonder if it will be on that one they will do the naming ceremony.

Booked the TA and it stops in Halifax NS which is where I live. It will be so cool to sail into Halifax on Carnivals newest ship.:D

That would be hilarious.

I work right on the waterfront by the Wave structure. I could be on the cruise, hope off and go to lunch with my co-workers then get back on the ship LOL

It was interesting that they left that off. I too looked for that one and saw 8 days did some head scratching....thought it would be longer and possibly a Journey cruise. There was two other holes (other than the once a month 4 days that I assume will go north). One when she first comes over, there is a 4 day hole and the other interesting thing was a two day to Nassau when she gets to Miami. I am sure it must be logistics but wonder if it will be on that one they will do the naming ceremony.

the ship will most likely sail empty between NY and Miami like what carnival has done in the past

I bet the 2 day to Nassau will have a lot of press and travel agents. I've been on the Breeze and Vista Miami inaugurals and they were loaded with TA's. Will probably do the naming ceremony as well.

We've been saving up for about a year to do a Med cruise and the 10 day on April 29th looks to be our best option.

They did mention that they would be adding additional voyages from NYC in the next few weeks. I didn't see many gaps in the announced sailings so wonder what else it could be beyond the repo to Miami?

Was hoping we might see a trip to Bermuda so maybe that will be part of the repo. Certainly not a way to get people booking the Horizon out of NY now when you are claiming there will somehow be additional sailings released soon.

They did mention that they would be adding additional voyages from NYC in the next few weeks. I didn't see many gaps in the announced sailings so wonder what else it could be beyond the repo to Miami?

there is a gap in june, july, august and maybe september for a 4-5 day cruise if they still do them. Mostly like to either canada or bermuda. Those are the voyages missing right now

Was hoping we might see a trip to Bermuda so maybe that will be part of the repo. Certainly not a way to get people booking the Horizon out of NY now when you are claiming there will somehow be additional sailings released soon.

They should have released all of the dates at the same time. Including the repo.

Makes sense to have Bermuda be part of the repo

Sent from my iPhone

Why?

Sent from my iPhone

Why not? People were waiting for the release of the news. I know I was/am interested in booking because it would be in New York. I like to see all my options. Not just some and then some later. The repo isn't there or these little cruises in between. It's incomplete. And for there to be "weeks" in between what was released yesterday and today is indeed a bit frustrating. When the Vista was released, it was all at once. If people were interested in booking Europe or NY or Miami, they could see all there options at once for the dates they were being released. Not some now, then a few more weeks later.

Why not? People were waiting for the release of the news. I know I was/am interested in booking because it would be in New York. I like to see all my options. Not just some and then some later. The repo isn't there or these little cruises in between. It's incomplete. And for there to be "weeks" in between what was released yesterday and today is indeed a bit frustrating. When the Vista was released, it was all at once. If people were interested in booking Europe or NY or Miami, they could see all there options at once for the dates they were being released. Not some now, then a few more weeks later.

Understand, my guess is that they still have issues either in regards dock space it it is tied to other factors. They also try to get the most mileage out of announcements, so breaking up the New York sailings to Caribbean and Canada (assuming that is what it will be) serves two markets. I have asked similar questions after the fact to some management types and the answer I got was it that some items were still in flux.....who knows. Sort of related, I see no option for the naming ceremony till they get to Miami (maybe the two day). Naming ceremonies are a big deal for Carnival and waiting 6 months to do one seems a long time....

Understand, my guess is that they still have issues either in regards dock space it it is tied to other factors. They also try to get the most mileage out of announcements, so breaking up the New York sailings to Caribbean and Canada (assuming that is what it will be) serves two markets. I have asked similar questions after the fact to some management types and the answer I got was it that some items were still in flux.....who knows. Sort of related, I see no option for the naming ceremony till they get to Miami (maybe the two day). Naming ceremonies are a big deal for Carnival and waiting 6 months to do one seems a long time....

I see. I suppose they know what they are doing stretching out the announcement but I'm not long on patience, so this does not work for me. Lol. And I thought for sure there would be some sailings to Bermuda in the release yesterday. My feathers just fell. 4 days is really not long enough in Bermuda unless the ship leaves really late. Maybe the 4 day gaps will be Canada, which I will would definitely book.

And yes that 2 day in Miami is interesting. I do remember them having a 2 dayer when the Sunshine moved to Port Canaveral from New Orleans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk