Horizon

Schoifmom

I see. I suppose they know what they are doing stretching out the announcement but I'm not long on patience, so this does not work for me. Lol. And I thought for sure there would be some sailings to Bermuda in the release yesterday. My feathers just fell. 4 days is really not long enough in Bermuda unless the ship leaves really late. Maybe the 4 day gaps will be Canada, which I will would definitely book.

And yes that 2 day in Miami is interesting. I do remember them having a 2 dayer when the Sunshine moved to Port Canaveral from New Orleans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't see Bermuda coming into play for any of the 4 days.... was there a 5? That could work.

We booked the TA this morning in a 4j and it looks like they are sold out already. I think the interior have increase in price by about $200.

We tried for a 4J and I watched them disappear before my eyes (darn it!). We ended up booking an ocean view instead. Price was phenomenal (and already on the rise).

I booked the last 4J about 25 minutes after booking opened up. It's amazing how quickly they sold out.

Naming ceremonies are a big deal for Carnival and waiting 6 months to do one seems a long time....

they did the vista naming ceremony in new york. i wonder why they are not doing it again for the horizion and instead waiting for it to get to Miami

Has anybody looked at the deck plans for horizon on carnivals website. All the expected areas are high listed like alchemy ,piano bar , and other venues, but no mention of red frog pub. I wonder what is going to go there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the red frog pub is still there in the same spot as the vista on deck 5 mid ship by the photo gallery

i think they didnt update the deck plan graphics will all of the names.

My Carnival PVP told me yesterday that there will be 3 new common spaces on the Horizon, however she hasn't been given any info as to what those spaces will be. Anyone want to venture a guess? Hopefully no new dining venues as I think there are enough already!!

Edited by avd79

as of today January 26th they have not set up a roll call page for Carnival Horizon. I sent an e-mail to Laurs S the moderator and hopefully we'll have one soon.

It looks like the sub-board has already been set up here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1076

There are just a few dates listed there so far. If yours isn't there, then feel free to start your own roll call thread.

well Jo and Bob, I will see you on the Horizon TA. Love the tea time on Carnival. Try to make it most sea days.

That's a nice hotel in Tampa. Forget the name, Harbor...? What is it again?

Thanks Lettie or Loretta!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

It's the Bay Harbor still nice was on journeys cruise on the Pride ended in Tampa spent one night so I could visit sister and family.

I have a quick question if you anyone can help me.

If I book this cruise when I am on my next cruise at the future cruise desk,

What is the OBC?

I think it will be $200, but is that per stateroom?

Thank you!

Yep per state room was on a cruse a week ago everyone waiting for it to come out including me but didn't happen

I am really looking forward to sailing on the Horizon in the future. I had a reservation which I just cancelled because of conflicts with kids sports and school. Really, really wanted to do a Carnival cruise in Europe. I did one a few years ago on the Freedom and John Heald was our CD. Loved it. Does Carnival have any plans to put a ship in Europe full time or at least the summer?

They are posted! I was looking at cabins and they are showing some sold out. Can't believe that. Must be TAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I am sure that some cabins are reserved for TA's they can only hold a while. What type of cabin are you looking for? We have a group that already has 17 cabins deposited as an example.

Well, I found a price I was comfortable with and booked a 6 day western.

As I was speaking with the PVP on the phone I mentioned that the ship looks exactly like the Vista and she said, "Oh the Horizon is much better".

I didn't want to be confrontational but how is it better? Seems to me it's the exact same deckplan and features. Yes, it will be newer, but I haven't read about any new features that Vista doesn't have, have any of you??

Well, I found a price I was comfortable with and booked a 6 day western.

As I was speaking with the PVP on the phone I mentioned that the ship looks exactly like the Vista and she said, "Oh the Horizon is much better".

I didn't want to be confrontational but how is it better? Seems to me it's the exact same deckplan and features. Yes, it will be newer, but I haven't read about any new features that Vista doesn't have, have any of you??

That's her opinion. They are sister ships, so maybe there are some minor differences that made her say that. Or she could just be talking saying something to make you feel great about your booking. Other ships in the same class have minor differences that make people prefer one over the other. Horizon does have a few less cabins and some new food venues. Not everything is showing on the deck plans. It's not EXACTLY the same as the Vista.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I'm disappointed with the Horizon and it's itineraries. It offers nothing new compared to the Vista and it's only sailing a handful of time in Europe until it's transatlantic voyage. Even worse, the few itineraries they offer are the same as last year.

• 11 months later...
Has anybody looked at the deck plans for horizon on carnivals website. All the expected areas are high listed like alchemy ,piano bar , and other venues, but no mention of red frog pub. I wonder what is going to go there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Reg Frog Pub will not be on the Horizon. There will now going to be Guy's Pig & Anchor Brewhouse instead. On the Vista, Pig & Anchor was outside on the side of the ship. This will be much better as a restaurant! Hopefully it is like O'Sheenan's on the NCL ships. It would be nice if it served food late in the evening like the Pub on NCL. I hate that pizza is the only late night option on Carnival. And on the Vista Pig & Anchor was only open sea days for a few hours. Carnival website says it is open for lunch everyday (free). But it does say $ Additional. Wonder if that means they will charge for dinner in here.

Edited by ksmcdonald