Horizon

Schoifmom

Wow, what a disappointment. I like the idea of porting in NYC, but the one itinerary is pretty sad. What are the four itineraires in Europe before the transatlantic? I don't see those.

If you sign in and go to explore, it brings up Europe.

No need to tease. They are on the website. Can't book but you can see dates, itineraries, etc.

We are so bummed. The NY itineraries totally suck (my opinion only).

I agree. Not that I don't like those places but it's one 8 day repeat over and over of the same ports that they send every ship to. Not an ounce of uniqueness. No Bermuda. No Canada. Maybe there's more to come. Boo so far.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree. Not that I don't like those places but it's one 8 day repeat over and over of the same ports that they send every ship to. Not an ounce of uniqueness. No Bermuda. No Canada. Maybe there's more to come. Boo so far.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

there no more to come. thats the only itinerary the horizion will do out of new york. No one-off bermuda cruise like the sunshine did, no canada runs like what the sunshine did. I am disappointed too, hopefully next year she runs back to ny

I'm sure if it were profitable they would keep Horizon in the Med for a longer amount of time. It seems to me that they can make more money by bringing her to the US sooner and begin the bread and butter Caribbean cruises.

I noticed online this morning I have a new past guest offer for Horizon, "Past Guests get best available upgrades, reduced deposit and $50 onboard credit on Horizon sailings." It is called, "Carnival Horizon Early Saver Past Guest Sale." It says it is for Horizon bookings between April 2018 through April 2019 and the offer expires January 31, 2017.

Check your new offers if you're interested.

How disappointing that the European season is so short. Added to that, the initial prices are crazy!! £900 approx per adult in an Havana interior. I expect high prices during the Easter holidays, but this would be just outside of that. Am sure the Vista prices were a lot more palatable! Lets hope there is a decrease shortly and more inventory!!!

The dates listed don't all add up to 8 day cruises. There must be some 4 day itineraries not listed yet.

i only see 3 possible 4 day cruises that is not listed. there is only 1 4day cruise in june,july and august. It might go to either canada or bermuda

Official press release:

CARNIVAL HORIZON TO DEBUT WITH A SERIES OF EUROPEAN VOYAGES IN APRIL 2018 FOLLOWED BY CARIBBEAN ITINERARIES

FROM NEW YORK AND MIAMI

Diverse Schedule to Include Mediterranean Cruises from Barcelona,

Caribbean Voyages from New York and Miami

MIAMI (Jan. 24, 2017) – For the inaugural season of its newest ship, Carnival Horizon, debuting in April 2018, Carnival Cruise Line has assembled a wide array of exciting and diverse itineraries featuring breathtaking destinations throughout the Mediterranean and Caribbean.

Currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Marghera, Italy, Carnival Horizon will offer many of the hugely popular indoor and outdoor dining, bar, entertainment and activity options that debuted on Carnival Vista, currently the line’s newest ship.

Among those is a groundbreaking bike-ride-in-the-sky attraction called SkyRide, an IMAX Theatre and a massive WaterWorks aqua park featuring a water tube slide called Kaleid-o-slide. A wide range of accommodations will also be offered, including spa cabins offering exclusive privileges at the luxurious Cloud 9 Spa, extra-roomy staterooms in Family Harbor, and tropical-inspired Havana staterooms and suites with exclusive daytime access to a Cuban-themed bar and pool.

A variety of unique dining and bar concepts and spectacular outdoor spaces found only on Carnival Horizon will be offered and revealed in the near future.

“Carnival Vista delivered the next generation of ship for our brand with new, never-before-seen features at sea. From our amazing SkyRide and the WaterWorks aqua park to first IMAX Theatre on a cruise ship, Carnival Vista has offered our guests a brand new view of fun. With Carnival Horizon, we continue to expand those themes to provide guests of all ages with the ultimate fun vacation with Carnival!” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.

Port-Intensive European Cruises Round-Trip from Barcelona

Carnival Horizon is scheduled to make its maiden voyage April 2, 2018, with a 13-day Mediterranean voyage operating round-trip from Barcelona and calling at Livorno, Rome (Civitavecchia), and Naples (Capri and Pompeii), Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Valletta, Malta; and Cagliari (Sardinia), Italy – the first of four round-trip departures from this Spanish port. Carnival Horizon will also operate two seven-day cruises departing April 15 and 22, 2018, and featuring Cagliari (Sardinia), Naples (Capri and Pompeii), Rome (Civitavecchia), Livorno, and Marseilles, and a 10-day voyage departing April 29, 2018, with stops at Livorno, Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples (Capri and Pompeii), Dubrovnik, Corfu and Messina (Sicily).

14-Day Transatlantic Crossing from Barcelona to New York

Carnival Horizon will reposition to the U.S. with a 14-day transatlantic crossing departing Barcelona May 9 and arriving in New York on May 23, 2018. Five stunning European and Canadian ports will be featured: Malaga, Spain; Gibraltar; Lisbon, Portugal; and Vigo, Spain – Carnival’s first visit to the centuries-old seaside town – along with a stop at Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Eight-Day Caribbean Cruises from the Big Apple

After arriving in New York, Carnival Horizon will offer an exciting summer schedule of eight-day Caribbean cruises operating round-trip from the Big Apple and featuring visits to Grand Turk; San Juan; and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic). Departure dates include May 28, June 5, 13 and 25, July 3, 11, 23 and 31, Aug. 8, 20 and 28, and Sept. 5, 2018. Additional departures from New York in summer 2018 are being planned and will be announced in the coming weeks.

Year-Round Six- and Eight-Day Caribbean Voyages from Miami

Carnival Horizon will then shift to Miami and kick off a year-round schedule of six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises beginning Sept. 22, 2018. Prior to the start-up of this program, Carnival Horizon will offer a special two-day cruise to Nassau from Miami Sept. 20-22, 2018.

On its new Miami-based schedule, six-day cruises will depart Sundays, calling at Ocho Rios; Grand Cayman; and Cozumel. Two different eight-day itineraries will be offered with departures on Saturdays – one featuring Grand Turk; La Romana (Dominican Republic); Curacao; and Aruba; and the other visiting Grand Turk; San Juan; St. Kitts; and St. Maarten.

So please do share this with someone would you ?

And please post your thoughts here below and I hope to see you on board.

cheers