Horizon

Schoifmom

Don't get the conniption over not being able to book 2 years out on a ship that's not even close to being finished.

Regardless of whether or not schedules are out for other CCL ships and other cruise lines, CCL isn't going to release a schedule for an unbuilt ship until it is far enough along to be able to determine a completion date. Unless it's going to have significantly new features versus the Vista or any ship sailing today, book the Vista. If it's a Euro/Med cruise you want and need to start budgeting, book the best cruise for your ideal itinerary and ship amenities and have a great time with no regrets of missing out on a new ship. She'll be around awhile.

Don't get the conniption over not being able to book 2 years out on a ship that's not even close to being finished.

Regardless of whether or not schedules are out for other CCL ships and other cruise lines, CCL isn't going to release a schedule for an unbuilt ship until it is far enough along to be able to determine a completion date. Unless it's going to have significantly new features versus the Vista or any ship sailing today, book the Vista. If it's a Euro/Med cruise you want and need to start budgeting, book the best cruise for your ideal itinerary and ship amenities and have a great time with no regrets of missing out on a new ship. She'll be around awhile.

Because some of us are planners and we're inpatient.:p

I'm actually booked on the epic in June and also booked the spirit for July 2018 ( Greece). I found carnival and NCL extremely similar. I Like both but usually I can find a better price on carnival therefore I lean towards saving dollars,lol!!

Nice! We haven't tried NCL yet, but I'm sure will like it. All the cruise lines seem more alike than not to us. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because some of us are planners and we're inpatient.:p

I've got 7 Habits dailies going back 20+years and flip into road rage mode if the idjit in front of me is 2 seconds late in moving on a green light:eek::D

But 2 years in advance is way to far away for me.

Actually, I totally understand the two years in advance being way too far... I have no idea why I do it but I do, I'm odd...lol.. But I guess it gives me something to look forward too.

I think we want carnival to release the dates and ports cause we would really like to book carnival. As I said in an earlier post my pvp said we may see it in January but probably for sure by March.

Edited by b_cruise

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival really seems to be doubling down on Miami if Miami is getting Magic and Horizon to replace Vista - unless if Magic will be making the trip through the Panama Canal sometime in 2019 to replace Splendor in Long Beach. Right now Magic is scheduled to sail from Miami through late April 2019.

Carnival really seems to be doubling down on Miami if Miami is getting Magic and Horizon to replace Vista - unless if Magic will be making the trip through the Panama Canal sometime in 2019 to replace Splendor in Long Beach. Right now Magic is scheduled to sail from Miami through late April 2019.

Not a lot more capacity than right now. Currently they have Vista, Splendor, Glory, Victory and Sensation. Loosing two gaining two. Will be two larger ships and looks like Magic will be year around instead of sharing with Ft Lauderdale though.

From anybody's experience, is the inaugural cruise at its cheapest fare on the initial release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked someone that did the Inaugural cruise of the Vista this same question, and the answer was yes. I think prices went up within a day or two. I'm armed with gift cards, ready to book something hopefully out of NY next Summer.

I asked someone that did the Inaugural cruise of the Vista this same question, and the answer was yes. I think prices went up within a day or two. I'm armed with gift cards, ready to book something hopefully out of NY next Summer.

Thanks, good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horizon will be in Europe from March - May then NYC for the summer. I'm assuming it'll go down to FL afterwards. Every other CCL ship has iteniraries for the summer open for booking-NYC is the only port with a schedule.

NYC is the only port without a summer 2018 schedule

I like this theory! That'd be so cool if we got Magic here. It'll be interesting to see who'll replace Splendor here in California when she leaves to Australia. There'll definitely be some shifting of homeports when Horizon arrives.

Not a lot more capacity than right now. Currently they have Vista, Splendor, Glory, Victory and Sensation. Loosing two gaining two. Will be two larger ships and looks like Magic will be year around instead of sharing with Ft Lauderdale though.

Good catch on Splendor. So for 2018:

Long Beach gets more capacity (+Splendor, -Miracle)

Miami gets more capacity (+Horizon, -Vista, +Magic, -Splendor)

Galveston gets more capacity (+Vista, -Breeze)

Port Canaveral stays even (+Breeze, -Magic)

Tampa gets another ship (+Miracle)

The repositioning of Magic seems to indicate something is up for 2019, although I guess we'll find out in 12-15 mobths.

Carnival should have another ship debuting around the same time that the splendor will be leaving the fleet, so might that ship could go west.

I have a crazy theory myself with what could possibly happen with Horizon. So, if the rumors are true that she's leaving Europe early and not spending an entire summer season sailing the Mediterranean- she might be making her way to the west coast (via the new expanded Panama Canal) and do Alaska to join and compete with Norwegian's new ship the Bliss out in Alaska for summer of 2018. So if she leaves Europe in like April, she'll be able to make her journey to the West Coast and make it in time for the beginning of the Alaskan season. Maybe that's why they've been taking forever with officially announcing her itineraries.

My theory might sound crazy, but maybe Carnival might want to compete with Norwegian Bliss [emoji848] and then possibly after an Alaskan season, she might either spend some time on the West Coast, or do what NCL Bliss will be doing and heading to Miami after spending a summer in Alaska.

Just a theory that I've been thinking about on what might happen.

Edited by Alexv500

I have a crazy theory myself with what could possibly happen with Horizon. So, if the rumors are true that she's leaving Europe early and not spending an entire summer season sailing the Mediterranean- she might be making her way to the west coast (via the new expanded Panama Canal) and do Alaska to join and compete with Norwegian's new ship the Bliss out in Alaska for summer of 2018. So if she leaves Europe in like April, she'll be able to make her journey to the West Coast and make it in time for the beginning of the Alaskan season. Maybe that's why they've been taking forever with officially announcing her itineraries.

My theory might sound crazy, but maybe Carnival might want to compete with Norwegian Bliss [emoji848] and then possibly after an Alaskan season, she might either spend some time on the West Coast, or do what NCL Bliss will be doing and heading to Miami after spending a summer in Alaska.

Just a theory that I've been thinking about on what might happen.

Right now it holds as much water as any other theory. That said, don't go booking the farm on it happening. It is all about revenue, and the west coast (and Alaska) pales in comparison in the department.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Right now it holds as much water as any other theory. That said, don't go booking the farm on it happening. It is all about revenue, and the west coast (and Alaska) pales in comparison in the department.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Plus, isn't Horizon too big for some of the ports on the Alaska itinerary??

Official announcement will be between 10 and 11 am EST. John said in his video earlier this morning that it will be dual home-ported and that he gave hints on his page early this morning. The 2 hints were have you ever sailed from NYC and have you ever sailed from Miami.

So it will be NYC and Miami. Hopefully the NYC portion will be the same as what the Sunshine was doing time frame wise and not just the 3 summer months.

Dates but no itineries as yet are available on manage booking page. May 9th looks most likely date for TA.

Listed at Gibraltar May 12.

Those summer NYC dates are weird. Where do you go from there for an 8 day cruise?

Oh, well, we are out. Wanted Europe but have to abide by school schedule so will have to wait to see what Royal puts out in a couple months.