Your Favorite Part Of Your Balcony

Tm100

Plus, the mattress in most cabins is two twins pushed together, not a single unit. Not sure why they are saying mattress when it really is mattresses being brought out if this is really a true story and not a fairy tale.:cool:

Sleeping of the balcony SOUNDS like a good idea, but the reality, especially in the Caribbean, is that you,would wakes up feeling sticky from the humidity - that is if you got that much sleep to begin with - people like air conditioning for a reason. Of course, if the steward had to haul in a damp mattress more than once, I believe he would report it to his supervisor - with the result that passengers would be told to,knock it off. Two people sleeping on one mattress on the narrow balcony would be kicking each other all night.

The whole notion stinks of BS - I am not buying it.

Why are you embarrassed? On cooler Caribbean nights in April it isn't a drain on the AC if you keep your cabin closed and the Cruise Critic police aren't on patrol. One night when we had an Allure deck 12 forward cabin it was the only way to get any sleep with the Solarium dance party going till 3am.

There really aren't that many "cooler Caribbean nights" - April or other. And, yes keeping your cabin door open DOES impact A/C in adjoining cabins. Finally, how does having cabin door open lessen noise from adjoining spaces?

e2a5cbd2de95f9684abc238852586b63.jpg

The best way to start the day. Moon watching while cruising between ports is pretty nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sunrises, Breakfast, reading late morning, cocktails in the afternoon, sunsets, night cap before bed. All good times to be on the balcony.

Sleeping of the balcony SOUNDS like a good idea, but the reality, especially in the Caribbean, is that you,would wakes up feeling sticky from the humidity - that is if you got that much sleep to begin with - people like air conditioning for a reason. Of course, if the steward had to haul in a damp mattress more than once, I believe he would report it to his supervisor - with the result that passengers would be told to,knock it off. Two people sleeping on one mattress on the narrow balcony would be kicking each other all night.

The whole notion stinks of BS - I am not buying it.

Agreed.:D

"Have you ever seen the dawn? Not a dawn groggy with lack of sleep or hectic with mindless obligations and you about to rush off on an early adventure or business, but full of deep silence and absolute clarity of perception? A dawning which you truly observe, degree by degree. It is the most amazing moment of birth..." - Vera Nazarian

Fantastic quote.:D

I agree. It is nice walking out there and knowing there will be an empty chair to use without having to do a search. And though I often enjoy the people and "stuff" going on up on deck sometimes I do really appreciate the quiet of the balcony.

You got that right!! :) Can go up and watch the "stuff" and leave for your own

private escape whenever you want to...knowing a chair with a view is always

available just for you. Ahhh...wonderful. And perhaps a glass of wine waiting for you also. ;)

Edited by island lady

You got that right!! :) Can go up and watch the "stuff" and leave for your own

private escape whenever you want to...knowing a chair is waiting for you. Ahhh...

wonderful. And perhaps a glass of wine waiting for you also. ;)

Balcony + empty chair + glass of wine = HEAVEN.

Pulling into port in the morning with my own private viewing area. I like doing the initial sail away up on deck, with the party atmosphere, but prefer sailing away from port from my room.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned sunsets. One of my favorite cruise memories is the first time we had a balcony; I sat out there and watched the sun set as we pulled away from Cozumel. Beautiful.

Pulling into port in the morning with my own private viewing area. I like doing the initial sail away up on deck, with the party atmosphere, but prefer sailing away from port from my room.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned sunsets. One of my favorite cruise memories is the first time we had a balcony; I sat out there and watched the sun set as we pulled away from Cozumel. Beautiful.

That is why we always book starboard side on Tampa cruises. That sunset over

Tampa Bay on sail away day is lovely! Then later, the Sunshine Skyway bridge looms as we slide

towards it all lit up pretty! :)

Edited by island lady

Sunrises, Breakfast, reading late morning, cocktails in the afternoon, sunsets, night cap before bed. All good times to be on the balcony.

I had and I actually prefer sunsets to sunrises.

Sleeping with the balcony door open to hear the waves. Very romantic and relaxing.

Funnily enough, I have never heard the waves from any balcony on a cruise. The sound I think of as crashing waves is the sound of breakers on a beach. If waves are high enough to break over your ship, you ought not to be on the balcony!