Your Favorite Part Of Your Balcony

Tm100

What is your favorite part of having a balcony? We like drinking glasses of wine and having an appetizer on our balcony in the late afternoon. Recently our favorite thing to do is to bring the chairs and table inside and move our mattress out on the balcony floor so we can sleep outside and hear the waves crash. Our steward probably thinks we are crazy when he puts it back in the morning :eek:!

My wife and I really are hooked on a balcony.:) Our first wasn't because I wasn't sure if my wife would enjoy going on a cruise, but after the first, she was HOOKED on going cruising and then our second cruise on the Navigator of the Seas was our first balcony she was determined that from that cruise all of the rest would be a balcony. There's nothing quite like having your own little space of heaven, the bright blue ocean, the warm ocean breezes and the sunny salty mist. Ahhh, and it's even better knowing all you have to do is just take a few steps out the door. It might not appeal to everybody, but all should try it at least once.

Mac

Morning: sitting on the balcony wearing a bathrobe, eating breakfast.

Late afternoon/early evening before late seating: pre-dinner glasses of wine. I'm either sitting and reading as I sip my wine, or stand at the railing and look for other people doing the same and raise my glass to them. Rare are the people who don't return the favour.

Late, late evening - watching the stars and the lights of ships in the distance, maybe drinking wine.

We did five cruises with inside suites. That's not happening again.

We love to sit on our balcony while in port enjoy breakfast or lunch and people/boat watch. On sea days it's my favorite spot to read my kindle and just relax

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

That's what I am looking forward too on this upcoming cruise. I usually just read in a quite deck area away from the crowds but I've recently broken my foot so I will definitely take advantage of having room service for breakfast and eating it on my balcony (while reading my kindle :)

Have now done it a couple times and about to again, leaving New Orleans on our balcony, glass of wine until time to go to the Steakhouse for dinner.

Love the sail away in New Orleans

Ever tried it out of Sydney?

Spectacular.

Pretty good isn't it next cruise departs 6:45 should be spectacular, one after that's not till midnight, be different.

Yes, at 6.45, there is still plenty of light to see everything and take some great photos. For midnight, the lights of Sydney and the harbour will be on show but a totally different aspect.

Edited by MicCanberra

We do Sydney in April 2018. Looking forward to it. I also hear Venice is spectacular

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Venice is one I'm hoping to get too.

Sailing out of Sydney is best done from the deck though to get the full effect, somewhere on the rear of the ship is, in my opinion best, the sunset over the city and bridge is spectacular if they time sailaway right.

We do Sydney in April 2018. Looking forward to it. I also hear Venice is spectacular

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Venice is also a very nice sail in, not quite the same as Sydney Harbour though. In Venice it feels like you a so huge, squeezing into the canals and looking down on the city and it's landmarks. Sydney is a very beautiful natural harbour with the iconic landmarks at the end, even on the largest ships, you do not feel like you are imposing.