Your Favorite Part Of Your Balcony

Tm100

What is your favorite part of having a balcony? We like drinking glasses of wine and having an appetizer on our balcony in the late afternoon. Recently our favorite thing to do is to bring the chairs and table inside and move our mattress out on the balcony floor so we can sleep outside and hear the waves crash. Our steward probably thinks we are crazy when he puts it back in the morning :eek:!

Being able to see, hear and smell the ocean.

Simply sitting there watching the waves go by. Of course a nice cocktail or cup of coffee, depending on the time of day, and a good book make it even better. Love seeing the water with no land in sight. Yes, I can do this on a public deck but love the peace and quiet of my own.

BTW, I agree I would not want your mattress after it sat in the ocean air every night. I think you are kidding, I hope, but just in case. Kinda rude IMO to both the crew and the next passenger.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I was actually wondering about that when I read that. My balcony is typically wet in the mornings, I was wondering if it would make the mattress moldy?

Agree! I find it hard to believe the cabin steward didn't report a mattress being left on the balcony. :rolleyes:

Not so sure about this post anyway. Mattresses are HEAVY. Getting deck furniture moved into the cabin and then getting the heavy mattress though the rather small sliding glass door on to a small balcony .... :rolleyes:.:confused:

Edited by OCruisers

I find it hard to believe the cabin steward didn't report a mattress being left on the balcony. :rolleyes:

Plus, the mattress in most cabins is two twins pushed together, not a single unit. Not sure why they are saying mattress when it really is mattresses being brought out if this is really a true story and not a fairy tale.:cool:

We always stay in a junior suite for the balcony. Every afternoon we go back to the cabin and order the fruit plate, the cheese plate and the cookies of the day. The we take our pillows out to our loungers and enjoy our snack and a nap. The most peaceful feeling.

ImageUploadedByForums1479798646.718939.jpg.7f30482dd1eb2ecea0aac4f5efe6e25e.jpg

Edited by goldgirl2

I love morning coffee & pastries while I journey and just watch the sea or pulling into port. Breakfast on the balcony on early port days. Afternoons reading and relaxing on the loungers (we stay in a JS) when it's so noisy on the pool deck. Wine before dinner. Cocktails and/or late night snacks before going to sleep. I love the balcony. I especially love the aft, which is where we were the past 3 cruises (and the next one).

14993394_10209069244066237_9146949589736443421_n.jpg?oh=2f3d8ed7a49fc09994f55170e218b6bd&oe=58BB2F31

We always stay in a junior suite for the balcony. Every afternoon we go back to the cabin and order the fruit plate, the cheese plate and the cookies of the day. The we take our pillows out to our loungers and enjoy our snack and a nap. The most peaceful feeling.

[ATTACH]398762[/ATTACH]

This is exactly what we do (minus the pillows - never thought to do that) We also have a glass of the wine we brought on board. UNFORTUNATELY, for us, the room service menu on our upcoming HOTS is severely lacking and we can only get the cookie! :(

We have been blessed enough on a couple of cruises to have rooms with Jacuzzis....It is just so indulgent to get your room attendant to put your champagne on ice and then sit in the jacuzzi to drink it!

Also love really early morning coffee coming into ports or tender position...Bora, Bora, Santorini and St. Lucia being real favourites....

Also love those rare occasions you do spot some sea life....dolphins in the Adriatic, a whale near Tahiti and I love seeing flying fish in the Caribbean....

Leaving your balcony door open is actually a "NoNo". :o

Why are you embarrassed? On cooler Caribbean nights in April it isn't a drain on the AC if you keep your cabin closed and the Cruise Critic police aren't on patrol. One night when we had an Allure deck 12 forward cabin it was the only way to get any sleep with the Solarium dance party going till 3am.

"Have you ever seen the dawn? Not a dawn groggy with lack of sleep or hectic with mindless obligations and you about to rush off on an early adventure or business, but full of deep silence and absolute clarity of perception? A dawning which you truly observe, degree by degree. It is the most amazing moment of birth..." - Vera Nazarian

To those who think that leaving the door open is somehow a drain to the A/C system or will affect anything, that is simply not the case. The first reason is that pretty much every ship has a switch in the balcony door to turn off the A/C supply when the balcony door is open. Secondly is that it is chilled liquid that is supplied to your cabin, not air. The only possible issue is that it might freeze up your coils with the abundance of humidity, but other than that, no one else will be affected.

Of course, asking the Behind the Scenes engineers answers a lot of questions, instead of relying on hearsay that someone hears and takes to be the truth.

What is your favorite part of having a balcony? We like drinking glasses of wine and having an appetizer on our balcony in the late afternoon. Recently our favorite thing to do is to bring the chairs and table inside and move our mattress out on the balcony floor so we can sleep outside and hear the waves crash. Our steward probably thinks we are crazy when he puts it back in the morning :eek:!

You are joking about the mattress thing right? If not your Steward may be right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Have you ever seen the dawn? Not a dawn groggy with lack of sleep or hectic with mindless obligations and you about to rush off on an early adventure or business, but full of deep silence and absolute clarity of perception? A dawning which you truly observe, degree by degree. It is the most amazing moment of birth..." - Vera Nazarian

Love that quote - thanks for sharing:)