cyber sale

StLouisCruisers

I booked on this promotion. Their was no "past guest promo" available last night when I was chatting.

I am going to call on Monday to have my booking transferred over to Costco (this is new territory for me), and it gets us 2 x $165 shipboard credits on the OV rooms and a $475 shipboard credit on the SS in addition to the gratities and prepaid beverage cards.

FYI, I called to get the CyberSale promotion today for a 24 day cruise that I booked onboard and received $200 pp OBC and they said I could not keep my OBC if I received the prepaid gratuities even though the cruise qualified for the special. I do not have the Explore 4 promotion, so there are not technically 2 promotions for this cruise.

Has anyone else had this happen when they had Holland America ship board credit and if so, were you able to keep it?

FYI, I called to get the CyberSale promotion today for a 24 day cruise that I booked onboard and received $200 pp OBC and they said I could not keep my OBC if I received the prepaid gratuities even though the cruise qualified for the special. I do not have the Explore 4 promotion, so there are not technically 2 promotions for this cruise.

Has anyone else had this happen when they had Holland America ship board credit and if so, were you able to keep it?

My booking had OBC on it when I booked it originally and I was able to keep it under this promotion. I don't understand why some of us get great news and others of us don't. It must be a certain promo code we booked under that prevents it. Sorry to hear you didn't get the Cyber Sale benefits. You could try calling again.:(

Here's an update on my original post. I wondered why the Holland website kept showing a lower price for my category cabin than the customer service gal I spoke to Wednesday night said I could get. She said the "past guest promotion" wouldn't work with this new Cyber Sale promotion.

So this morning after I checked my cabin price again (still $150pp lower than my March booking price), I called and spoke to someone else. She called it a Mariner promotion and said she would try to input that promo code and see if it worked. It did, and now I DO have the lower fare as well as the free gratuities and 2 $25 beverage cards! My price is exactly as stated on the HAL site and I'm very happy. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Sometimes we just have a gut feeling and should just try calling back to get a different person to help us. :)

You say there is also a Mariner promotion. Do you know what the promo code for the Mariner promotion is so we can give it to the reservations agent?

I've experienced both situations. It really depends on under which terms you received your original OBC. For example, I had OBC from a future cruise deposit and the Welcome Back promotion. With this new cyber sale, I would probably have lost the Welcome Back promotion had I not just come back from another cruise.

If your OBC was gained through another promotion and that promotion is over, then you would lose the OBC, if you took the new promo. One needs to make the decision to accept a new promotion after one weighs the gains and losses and make the best decision for their situation.

I booked on this promotion. Their was no "past guest promo" available last night when I was chatting.

I am going to call on Monday to have my booking transferred over to Costco (this is new territory for me), and it gets us 2 x $165 shipboard credits on the OV rooms and a $475 shipboard credit on the SS in addition to the gratities and prepaid beverage cards.

We booked through Costco Travel Canada. Our Costco rate is $200CAD less overall than the Cybersale and we received $190USD in OBC. No Explore4 but that's fine for us as I don't drink and my better half only has an occasional glass of wine. Costco often offers store giftcards too. Good luck!

August this year I booked a 14 day cruise for 2018, using future cruise deposits I had purchased on our Dec 2015 cruise. fast forward to November 20th, when I received an alert from a popular site which monitors your cruises, and I found the price had dropped $130 pp (I DID NOT book under the explore4 promo). Fast forward Nov 23 cybersale : I got the prepaid gratuities and beverage card added, at the pricing from Nov 20 adjustment.

kept my OBC from the future cruise deposit , and from my TA.

I know when you book on board you get double the obc, for booking then. If the obc for booking when you get home and book within the specified time in welcome back email,is 100 dollars booking on line is usually 200. I would call Hal, and see what they say. If you loose half the obc,but pick up hotel charges credit,might be worth it. Then transfer to that Big Box Store,starting with C,and get obc from them

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't think it would help much on my 18 day Hawaii cruise in December 2017, but I called anyway. Still had the same great rate and they added the prepaid gratuities and $50 beverage card. Nice!

Glad it worked for you as I am planning on rebooking mine and am on the same cruise!

This weekend I transferred over to the 'cyber sale' and received prepaid gratuities of $ 375 and 2 - $ 25 beverage cards on our transatlantic voyage next October. We had to give up the 'welcome home credit' of $ 75 per person ( we sailed on the Koningsdam in July 2016), but we still came out $ 275 ahead so the change was worth it to us.

This weekend I transferred over to the 'cyber sale' and received prepaid gratuities of $ 375 and 2 - $ 25 beverage cards on our transatlantic voyage next October. We had to give up the 'welcome home credit' of $ 75 per person ( we sailed on the Koningsdam in July 2016), but we still came out $ 275 ahead so the change was worth it to us.

So as I understand it, the welcome back, or when booking on board, doubling the credit - cannot be combined with any promos..... I believe in the past I have not lost that feature when applying some promos - but this was probably quite a while ago.. Promos have changed, rules have changed.

Thanks for advising us.

So as I understand it, the welcome back, or when booking on board, doubling the credit - cannot be combined with any promos..... I believe in the past I have not lost that feature when applying some promos - but this was probably quite a while ago.. Promos have changed, rules have changed.

Thanks for advising us.

Not true in my experience. You can get the welcome back promotion added IF it is within the stated timeframe of the email you got concerning the welcome back deal (since it has expired).

So, if you originally booked several months ago and now you want to rebook with the latest promotion, naturally you would lose the welcome back double up deal. IF however, you booked with the welcome back and the next day the new promotion came along, you could get the new promotion and the welcome back. Of course, all of this assumes that you are before final payment.

Edited by DaveOKC

It is easy and painless to do. And, the "shipboard credit" they give you can be refunded to your credit card if you don't spend it onboard.

Just called and had our cruise refared. We came out further ahead - fare was reduced by $500 and the pre-paid gratuities and beverage cards. We had to forego $200 OBC, but we are still further ahead.

I've reviewed my invoice and it doesn't mention the pre-paid gratuities and beverage cards. Is this the norm? Should I be concerned?

Just called and had our cruise refared. We came out further ahead - fare was reduced by $500 and the pre-paid gratuities and beverage cards. We had to forego $200 OBC, but we are still further ahead.

I've reviewed my invoice and it doesn't mention the pre-paid gratuities and beverage cards. Is this the norm? Should I be concerned?

Did you book through HAL directly? If so, it should be on your invoice.

If through a TA, they have to send you the information.

My TA ALWAYS specifies on the invoice the goodies/OBC/prepaid gratuities/specialty restaurants that are included in a particular booking...Also indicated is if it is a company/TA granted perk, or from promo/FCC pertaining to HAL. Everything is itemized out to a "T" , so once onboard, if HAL's records do not jive with my records, I have my invoice from the TA to show.

So far, I have not had any problem - but it is good to know that my invoice has detailed information.

Edited by CJcruzer

Did you notice: "Offers are available for new bookings only, apply only to the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys, are not combinable with any other discounts and are not transferable or refundable."

But, as long as it is before final payment, one could always cancel the cruise. Then one could book again to get the new promo. Re-faring is so much easier, for both HAL and the client, than cancelling and re-booking. I suspect that phrase is in there to deter people who are unaware that it is possible.

The first time Explore4 came out, I could not get it added to my cruise. I ended up cancelling and rebooking (at a lower fare) to get the promo.

Did you notice: "Offers are available for new bookings only, apply only to the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys, are not combinable with any other discounts and are not transferable or refundable."

That's not for the deposit-- the value of the promo isn't transferable or refundable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your invoice should definitely say you got the gratuities and beverage cards. Scroll down and read all the info. If it's not there, call them back and ask where it is. The sale ends tomorrow so I would call before end of business tomorrow.

Sure wish my Alaska cruise price would drop --- lots of other lines have dropped their prices but not HAL.

Karen,

Our Alaska cruise (for four cabins) never dropped last year. I think they don't have to do that to nearly full the Alaska cruises, so they don't!

FWIW, HAL does Alaska VERY well! You won't be sorry!

This is usually the case. Re-faring is supposed to be exactly like cancelling and re-booking (without the risk of actually losing your specific cabin, yay). So anything that wouldn't be included in booking today, would be lost.

That said, exceptions seem to be happening to some on this thread, so calling HAL back only costs you your time in doing so.