cyber sale

StLouisCruisers

Just called and had our cruise refared. We came out further ahead - fare was reduced by $500 and the pre-paid gratuities and beverage cards. We had to forego $200 OBC, but we are still further ahead.

I've reviewed my invoice and it doesn't mention the pre-paid gratuities and beverage cards. Is this the norm? Should I be concerned?

It should be on the 2nd page of your booking confirmation underneath the Cancellation Fees schedule.

Karen,

Our Alaska cruise (for four cabins) never dropped last year. I think they don't have to do that to nearly full the Alaska cruises, so they don't!

FWIW, HAL does Alaska VERY well! You won't be sorry!

Thanks for your post .... I might as well pay off my HAL cruise now since it looks like they won't be dropping prices. We have been to Alaska 18 times on various lines (Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean) but never tried HAL since their pricing was always so high. In 2017 we are taking HAL because they offer an excursion we want and the timing works well with our B2B on Princess. Sure hope it's worth the extra money.

Update on Cyber Sale - today is last day!

I called my HAL PCC and changed one of my reservations to give up Explore4 and take the Cyber sale. My fare dropped by $1000 per person at the same time. Figuring in all the other extras of both deals, the Cyber came out ahead by a bit, but not huge amount.

However, my PCC was able to save the $200 pp in OBC from the Cruise Month promotion in Oct., so that changed the calculation and now the Cyber deal is definitely the way to go, for me at least. It took him awhile to get it done, but it was worth the wait.

For my 2018 cruise - which I booked through a TA - she was able to add the perks of the Cyber sale with no changes to my booking.

My 2017 cruises are with my PCC, and she was not able to add the perks, but in fairness I got a really good price on both anyway. Still, it does seem to depend on who you talk to at HAL from reports here.

Update on Cyber Sale - today is last day!

I called my HAL PCC and changed one of my reservations to give up Explore4 and take the Cyber sale. My fare dropped by $1000 per person at the same time. Figuring in all the other extras of both deals, the Cyber came out ahead by a bit, but not huge amount.

However, my PCC was able to save the $200 pp in OBC from the Cruise Month promotion in Oct., so that changed the calculation and now the Cyber deal is definitely the way to go, for me at least. It took him awhile to get it done, but it was worth the wait.

Just got off the phone with our PCC, and as we expected, we're better off leaving things as they are. For the first time, the Explore4 is a great deal for us (very little extra $$ to have it). Losing that would cost us more than the free gratuities and beverage cards. But it never hurts to ask.

What happened if you've paid for your. Cruise completely. Will they give you free grants and Bev card. We can't cancel we would loose all our money. Only 43 days left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, if you're after final payment, you're likely out of luck for any new promotion. Of course, you could try to negotiate something, if you have a good TA or PCC, but HAL does not have to give you anything simply because it's after final payment.

For my 2018 cruise - which I booked through a TA - she was able to add the perks of the Cyber sale with no changes to my booking.

My 2017 cruises are with my PCC, and she was not able to add the perks, but in fairness I got a really good price on both anyway. Still, it does seem to depend on who you talk to at HAL from reports here.

It really depends on what the fare is now on your cruise. Sometimes it is up, sometimes down with the new promotion.

I went to the HAL site to check prices this evening and noticed a Cyber Sale which apparently started today. I called about my next booking in March 2017 and was told for the same price I am currently booked at I would be able to receive free gratuities and a $50 beverage card. Another promotion she referred to as a "past guest promotion" would have decreased the price by $150pp but no free gratuities or beverage card. I took the Cyber Sale! Has anyone else called about this? This sale ends Nov. 28.

I really appreciate the OP telling us about the cyber sale. I just got through booking (with a big box store,) an 18 day cruise from Rotterdam back to Boston, for Karen, myself and some family. The total price for five of us (in inside cabins) came out to only $14,000 including both the prepaid gratuities, and the air fare from Boston to Rotterdam. For an eighteen day cruise, that’s only $150 pp per day, including the flight over to Europe.

When I think of it, this cruise, which would have been half of the old “Voyage of the Vikings” used to be a rather expensive cruise. I think I remember paying, a few years ago, around double this rate for the same accommodations (but without the flight or the prepaid gratuities.)

The “cyber sale” included prepaid gratuities which saved $900 and made it worth booking now and not waiting until we were on the Amsterdam next month.

Scott & Karen

I really appreciate the OP telling us about the cyber sale. I just got through booking (with a big box store,) an 18 day cruise from Rotterdam back to Boston, for Karen, myself and some family. The total price for five of us (in inside cabins) came out to only $14,000 including both the prepaid gratuities, and the air fare from Boston to Rotterdam. For an eighteen day cruise, that’s only $150 pp per day, including the flight over to Europe.

When I think of it, this cruise, which would have been half of the old “Voyage of the Vikings” used to be a rather expensive cruise. I think I remember paying, a few years ago, around double this rate for the same accommodations (but without the flight or the prepaid gratuities.)

The “cyber sale” included prepaid gratuities which saved $900 and made it worth booking now and not waiting until we were on the Amsterdam next month.

Scott & Karen

Glad you were able to take advantage of the promotion. The prepaid gratuities alone saved us almost $500 (for 2 people) on our 18 day cruise. Plus I was lucky and was able to keep the Cruise Month Promotion ($400 in OBC for 2) from my Oct. booking.

It was a good day! My PCC goes the extra mile for us. Just last week I was able to score a paid upsell on another cruise and got a great choice of cabins (i never thought we would get an offer as the ship was pretty well sold out in the category I wanted).

Glad you were able to take advantage of the promotion. The prepaid gratuities alone saved us almost $500 (for 2 people) on our 18 day cruise. Plus I was lucky and was able to keep the Cruise Month Promotion ($400 in OBC for 2) from my Oct. booking.

It was a good day! My PCC goes the extra mile for us. Just last week I was able to score a paid upsell on another cruise and got a great choice of cabins (i never thought we would get an offer as the ship was pretty well sold out in the category I wanted).

I left a message for my PCC to call me about the Cyber Sale. She called later to tell me that she had applied it to my booking. I also booked a 2018 cruise with the Cyber Sale.

Question. When referring to final payment is it

1. Before final payment date or

2. Before final payment has been made?

We paid yesterday, due December 1.

Assume HAL will not talk to me as I have a TA who is not calling me back!

Question. When referring to final payment is it

1. Before final payment date or

2. Before final payment has been made?

We paid yesterday, due December 1.

Assume HAL will not talk to me as I have a TA who is not calling me back!

My understanding is that it is the final payment date, not when you made the final payment. I have paid off some of my cruises early, before final payment date (for various reasons) and was assured I could still cancel without penalty right up to final payment date.

If your TA will not call you back, call HAL and explain the situation. They likely will assist you one way or the other.

Since everyone was checking for price drops during the Cyber sale I decided I would do the same. As previously mentioned, I wasn't able to take advantage of any price drops on my Alaska cruise. However, my TA was able to get me the Cyber benefits (beverage card and pre-paid gratuities) --- not a price drop but every little bit helps.

Thanks for posting the info. on the Cyber sale.

Thanks for your post .... I might as well pay off my HAL cruise now since it looks like they won't be dropping prices. We have been to Alaska 18 times on various lines (Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean) but never tried HAL since their pricing was always so high. In 2017 we are taking HAL because they offer an excursion we want and the timing works well with our B2B on Princess. Sure hope it's worth the extra money.

I would never pay off early, myself. Especially not on my say so! Put the money in a cookie jar and mark the final payment day on calendar/put alarm on smartphone. Do not miss that date of course. But go ahead and hold off ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

What is the excursion may I ask?

-- E.

Elizabeth AKA crystalspin

Scott & Karen

You're welcome! I'm so glad a lot of us were able to benefit from this sale. We plan on using the Big Box store in the very near future so I hope this is the start of a very good "friendship"!

I would never pay off early, myself. Especially not on my say so! Put the money in a cookie jar and mark the final payment day on calendar/put alarm on smartphone. Do not miss that date of course. But go ahead and hold off ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

What is the excursion may I ask?

-- E.

Elizabeth AKA crystalspin

I won't pay it off early (was just blowing off some steam). :)

The excursion is the Tracy Arm excursion from the ship.

Edited by Italy52

A follow-up to my post above - a second email to the PCC telling her that my TA had managed to get the cyber sale perks added to my Hawaii cruise resulted in getting the perks added to my 2 cruises next year, which are still with the PCC. No price drop but perks added. It pays to try again.;)

One more thank you to the OP for posting something about the sale! I was able to call our ta and even though they were closed on Saturday and Sunday, talk to her today and she got a hold of Hal and for three of us sharing a suite, total price reduced by $2400! We did give up the explore4 but feel it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't go through HAL, but did go through a online TA and got $285 OBC for a 7 day Alaska is Sept. on the Oosterdam. Didn't really think about doing it until my email box was inundated with Cyber Monday specials.

-Paul

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get an OBC for your 7-day Alaska cruise? I am on the NA and I am not receiving an OBC from HAL. Is your OBC from your TA when you booked your cruise?

A follow-up to my post above - a second email to the PCC telling her that my TA had managed to get the cyber sale perks added to my Hawaii cruise resulted in getting the perks added to my 2 cruises next year, which are still with the PCC. No price drop but perks added. It pays to try again.;)

Just booked a 7 day cruise today, and got the Cyber sale. However I have a 16 day TransAtlantc coming up in April, and forgot to ask if I could get the sale applied to it.

Although my HAL PCC knew about the TA, he never offered to extend the sale to it.

I wish I would have read this post, and tried to mention it to be applied.

Oh well, here's hoping that there will be a reasonably priced upsell, if any.

Read CC and learn......

Edited by jpelleti007