Decorating your door

BeverlyS

If it is juvenile ... so what? That couple that decorates and takes life lightly, is the one I want to meet and have a drink with in the bar. You can have the stuffy couple with one foot in the grave. (only my opinion)

I guess I'm that kind of person (juvenile) so maybe we'll meet up sometime on a cruise!

Life is too short to get bent out of shape over things that don't matter.

Edited by Kmangel

Why do people care! Let people that want to decorate, decorate their doors. It's not hurting you. If you don't like it, keep walking... ❤️[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here is a suggestion. If you prefer not to walk past someone's decorated door, then make sure you have two possible ways to arrive at your door. Don't get stuck far forward or aft where you only have one way to access your door. That way you might be able to avoid walking by a decorated door. Heaven forbid if you find your cabin in between two decorated doors, though!

As if choosing the perfect cabin was not difficult enough.

Edited by Kmangel

Here is a suggestion. If you prefer not to walk past someone's decorated door, then make sure you have two possible ways to arrive at your door. Don't get stuck far forward or aft where you only have one way to access your door. That way you might be able to avoid walking by a decorated door. Heaven forbid if you find your cabin in between two decorated doors, though!

As if choosing the perfect cabin was not difficult enough.

I prefer not to see any women over a size 5 in a bathing suit at the pool. Everyone must accommodate me.

ETA: Somehow, I don't think that will get the same consideration from those who don't want to see door decorations.

Edited by pullen0

Ok have given this some thought over-night and maybe not such a good idea to spray-paint the door. I still cant figure out how repainting a door can cost $5/7000.

So have moderated my design function and come up with this.

Taking an early post and expanding it, with incredible thought process, this is the result.

I feel that we have nailed it, and reached a compromise, esp going with a nautical theme.

Jack-Sparrow-Mona-Lisa-captain-jack-sparrow-30607544-743-1155.jpg.2b46c285e4ca7942d4e42ba387a055a0.jpg

There's a big difference between saying you don't like decorated doors and calling those who do it names. Huge difference. You chose to call people who do it "juvenile." Sorry if you don't understand the difference.

And the door decorators telling people they are uptight, to mind our own business, to "get a life", and calling them "police" is not name calling? The pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

You are no better than the people you are lecturing everyone about. :(:

Edited by sloopsailor

Do the posters here who decorate also decorate a hotel room door? I don't have a problem with it, just don't understand why it would be done.

This is a very long thread for such a topic, and I realize there might be a tendency to not read every post word-for-word. However, the following posts each have at least one example of "why it would be done": 8, 9, 18, 31, 57, 65, 78, 83, 88, 93, 101 102 & 132. Some are quite simple, "Its fun", or "enjoyable," but some are very specific. No attack from me, just trying to be helpful.:)

I haven't expressed my opinion on this subject, but have, and will again, express my amazement at the emotions this "first world problem" (a phrase I picked up from another contentious thread) brings out on both sides. For late comers, a couple extremely incendiary earlier posts were deleted.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

I like decorated doors. They help me to find MY cabin without me having to go to the trouble....:D Just as long as no damage is done, there is no harm.

You should be sailing on Celebrity. They just retrofitted all their ships with cabin numbers above the door. Will make it a thousand times easier to find ones cabin. Go Celebrity, you Rock!

Ok have given this some thought over-night and maybe not such a good idea to spray-paint the door. I still cant figure out how repainting a door can cost $5/7000.

Taking an early post and expanding it, with incredible thought process, this is the result.

I feel that we have nailed it, and reached a compromise, esp going with a nautical theme.

Priceless! You should submit that to the "Art Auction at Sea." JMHO, but that would bring huge $$$, as you said, esp. going with the nautical theme. :cool:

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

And the door decorators telling people they are uptight, to mind our own business, to "get a life", and calling them "police" is not name calling? The pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

You are no better than the people you are lecturing everyone about. :(:

You might want to read back through this thread to get better context because one, I said I would never decorate my door (which puts me on the not decorating side). And two, I never called anyone names on either side of this debate....so your "pot calling kettle black" allegation makes zero sense.

Edited by Aquahound

Woah, people get really worked up over decorated and non decorated doors.. i was so engrossed in this thread, "ooh what will happen next" i missed getting off at my stop on the train.

I actually puy a picture of a duck on the message holder thing outside my cabin door.. just easier to see where my cabin was and to stay engaged in conversation as we walked through the hallway, not needing to break conversation to check numbers and count doors. Every few days i also put a funny meme up- more for my cabin mate so when she came back from somewhere there it was greeting her before she walked in and give her a laugh. It apparently amused others walking by too. None were rude or offensive so if others didn't like it, whatever.....

You might want to read back through this thread to get better context because one, I said I would never decorate my door (which puts me on the not decorating side). And two, I never called anyone names on either side of this debate....so your "pot calling kettle black" allegation makes zero sense.

So sorry. I guess my interpretation of these words - "You chose to call people who do it "juvenile." Sorry if you don't understand the difference" - caused me to think that you were indeed criticizing certain people, implying they were too dumb to "understand the difference". You may not have called them names directly, but you certainly implied it.

I guess I'm just too dumb to "understand the difference." :D

Maybe for our next cruise we'll tape to our door a full sized photo of the view into our room as it looks with the door open. It would be fun to watch people walk by and try to peak into our room. I might even include myself with a small towel barely wrapped around my waist, with a shocked expression on my face that they are looking at me. ;):)

Or better yet, a full sized photo of a top tier suite. Then people would think they were looking into a room much better than their own.

Edited by sloopsailor

So sorry. I guess my interpretation of these words - "You chose to call people who do it "juvenile." Sorry if you don't understand the difference" - caused me to think that you were indeed criticizing certain people, implying they were too dumb to "understand the difference". You may not have called them names directly, but you certainly implied it.

Yes, I was criticizing people who feel like they need to name-call in order to express their opinion. If I hypocritically name-called in my criticism, I could understand your point. But I didn't. So I'm not really understanding your point. :confused:

Maybe for our next cruise we'll tape to our door a full sized photo of the view into our room as it looks with the door open. It would be fun to watch people walk by and try to peak into our room. I might even include myself with a small towel barely wrapped around my waist, with a shocked expression on my face that they are looking at me. ;):)

Did you say, "It would be fun...?"

GREAT IDEA SLOOP! That would move you over to the FUN side. Now you're getting the idea.

It is just that - FUN. We all need to lighten up a bit. A cruise should be fun... a vacation.

Another suggestion. Make some decks door decorating free and others door decorating permissible. Like what used to be with smoking.

There are lots of ways to address this issue!

SORRY, looks great on theory, but on further examination, it could get worse.

As is with the non-smokers, the Non-Door Decorators will be encouraged to wander indiscriminately in door decorators areas.

Thus then complaining of a severe eye disease, or acute Neck-Swivel Syndrome.:eek:

SORRY, looks great on theory, but on further examination, it could get worse.

As is with the non-smokers, the Non-Door Decorators will be encouraged to wander indiscriminately in door decorators areas.

Thus then complaining of a severe eye disease, or acute Neck-Swivel Syndrome.:eek:

Just post a sign designating door decorating decks/non-door designating decks. Have them where people can see them as they leave elevators, in stairwells, wherever necessary so people can choose to walk the halls or not--at their own risk, of course. Maybe the ship psychiatrist can be on hand for any problems that might arise from door decorating/non door decorating areas of the ship.

Edited by Kmangel

If it is juvenile ... so what? That couple that decorates and takes life lightly, is the one I want to meet and have a drink with in the bar. You can have the stuffy couple with one foot in the grave. (only my opinion)

The person who used the word juvenile is loyal to the one-foot-in-the-grave cruise line as evidenced by the logo in their signature.

I'm with you. Give me light hearted people who are friendly, not the ones who insult people over door decorations.

Door decorations. Sheesh. People get upset over the dumbest things. :rolleyes:

Another suggestion. Make some decks door decorating free and others door decorating permissible. Like what used to be with smoking.

Would never work for a number of reason. And what do you mean by what used to be with smoking?

There are lots of ways to address this issue!

Unless the cruise lines ban the practice, there is only one way to "deal with the issue". I'm a non-decorater but everyone would do well to just live and let live.

The Mona Sparrow.:p

Would never work for a number of reason. And what do you mean by what used to be with smoking?

Hotels sometimes have smoking floors and nonsmoking floors or certain rooms only that allow smoking.

You do realize, though, that I am not serious, don't you, about having such decks?