Decorating your door

BeverlyS

I used to bring cling on holiday gels for the window. It was fun for my nieces/nephews to put them up.

Now I will be tacky and partially decorate the door of my nephews room for his kids who are under 4 for this cruise at Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's the holiday. Keep it simple. But a holiday wreath or a holiday greeting on your door is festive. Most holiday decorations are tacky, that's part of the fun. Lighten up a little and try and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year while you are cruising on your elegant voyage. I even bring a small tacky tree for the room after all it's Christmas. You never know when Santa may show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to bring cling on holiday gels for the window. It was fun for my nieces/nephews to put them up.

Now I will be tacky and partially decorate the door of my nephews room for his kids who are under 4 for this cruise at Xmas.

If you gels bleed dye the way some stickers did three years ago, yours could turn out to be a very, very, expensive vacation:

Christmas Cruise has just started on my ship.

So far we have found 4 different cabins whose occupants plastered adhesive Christmas decorations on the walls. We will probably find more this week.

The adhesive has an orange/red dye in it that has seeped into the wall panels.

No chemical onboard the ship will remove the dye without destroying the wall panels.

We have already ordered replacement wall panels from Germany.

Until those panels arrive two or three months from now, every passenger sailing in those cabins gets to stare at large orange letters spelling HO HO HO across the wall, as well as large orange blotches everywhere else.

As per the passage contract that nobody ever reads, passengers are responsible for any damage they cause to their cabin.

One of the cabins has already been charged $7,000.

The other 3 cabins will be charged $5,000 each.

As I said you are better off tagging your door with a can of spray paint.

If there's a problem, just paint over it, its not a biggie really.

Poster Bruce Muzz above just explained to us it really is a ' bigggie' unless you don'g gthink a $7,000or $5,000 bill for replacement panels are a 'bigggie. OR that future guests will have to look at the remains of the 'not a b igggie' untillthey can b e replaced with new materials which are on order.

Both sides of this conv ersation have gotten out of hand judgemental, IMO. : .

Edited by sail7seas

How in the heck is it disrespectful to decorate your cabin door? In what possible way could that bother anyone other than people who are 'professionally offended' as I like to call them?

...And I seriously doubt that the posts about spray paint are serious.

Give me a break.:confused:

How in the heck is it disrespectful to decorate your cabin door? In what possible way could that bother anyone other than people who are 'professionally offended' as I like to call them?

Like most issues, this is a Cruise Critic problem, not a real world problem. We have people on these boards...and we all know who they are because they do it regularly...who have nothing better to do than call people names and berate the simplest of topics, like this one.

No need for you to understand, just respectful acceptance.

Doesn't answer my question as to why someone would want to do it. I also asked whether posters like to decorate their hotel room doors. I neither intended nor stated any disrespect.

Doesn't answer my question as to why someone would want to do it. I also asked whether posters like to decorate their hotel room doors. I neither intended nor stated any disrespect.

Why do women wear leggings and knee high horse boots when they're not riding a horse?

Someone can wear panties on their head and it's not going to affect my cruise unless I choose to let it.

Be careful. This could lead into a dress code thread. ;o)

It could turn into a 'everything other people do offends me' thread also.

As has been said before, if you do not like something, just turn your head. It is like television. If you do not like the program on, just change the channel.

As long as it is not illegal or against the rules, just go with the flow.

It could turn into a 'everything other people do offends me' thread also.

As has been said before, if you do not like something, just turn your head. It is like television. If you do not like the program on, just change the channel.

As long as it is not illegal or against the rules, just go with the flow.

That's why I posted earlier, different strokes for different folks.

I

Why do those who like decorated cabin doors feel the need to tell the rest of us what is wrong with us and we should

'fix' our preferrences and opinions . I do not know who here told anyone to not decorate. There are a umber that have told those of us who don't like it what we should do along with name calling and insulting descriptions of us.

Edited by sail7seas

Why do women wear leggings and knee high horse boots when they're not riding a horse?

Someone can wear panties on their head and it's not going to affect my cruise unless I choose to let it.

Me to except it depends if there is another pair down south.

...And I seriously doubt that the posts about spray paint are serious.

Give me a break.:confused:

I don't think its disrespectful just stupid. My four year old granddaughter decorates the door to her classroom. My 8 year old does not. mmmmm....think I see a trend here.

How many times have you seen people decorate their doors at a hotel??????

We often stay at Hampton Inns when in the States. That chain has a helpful habit of posting a different picture beside each door. It sure makes it easier to find our room when key cards do not have Room numbers on them, which keys all had in the past.

If it is juvenile ... so what? That couple that decorates and takes life lightly, is the one I want to meet and have a drink with in the bar. You can have the stuffy couple with one foot in the grave. (only my opinion)

I

Why do those who like decorated cabin doors feel the need to tell the rest of us what is wrong with us and we should

'fix' our preferrences and opinions

Exactly. I'm just trying to ask why people do it, and getting attacked.

'fix' our preferrences and opinions . I do not know who here told anyone to not decorate. There are a umber that have told those of us who don't like it what we should do along with name calling and insulting descriptions of us.

There's a big difference between saying you don't like decorated doors and calling those who do it names. Huge difference. You chose to call people who do it "juvenile." Sorry if you don't understand the difference.