Junior suite benefits

busymom_ot

Besides the larger room and the double points, do the junior suites have any other benefits? Do they check in at the suite line or do they check in with the other room types? Thank-you

JS Perks:

Bathtub (except for Empress)

Walk-in closet (all but Vision class, Majesty, and Empress)

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen (Quantum and Oasis class only)

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card (except for Quantum and Oasis class).

We just had a j suite on Anthem. We did board in the suite line not totally sure if we should have but no one told us no as we did. The Coastal Kitchen for dinner was great and along with the bathtub, the best perk. I used my coffeemaker once but the coffee was awful so I just got my lattes with my drink package. Tried to get priority disembarkment but no go. I booked during a kids sale free promo so I saved a boatload and the double points on the ten day we did got us to Platinum.

... We did board in the suite line not totally sure if we should have but no one told us no as we did. ...

In our experience, JS staterooms have always been included in priority check-in and boarding.

There was a recent post where someone on Harmony in a JS was not allowed Coastal Kitchen. :(

I'm following this, because that would be one of the reasons for us to book JS>

That was because they assumed that because their cards would not open the door they did not have access. They needed to knock or follow someone in or enlist the help of the D concierge.

That was because they assumed that because their cards would not open the door they did not have access. They needed to knock or follow someone in or enlist the help of the D concierge.

No, not on the thread I read (recently). This was on Harmony and there was a sign saying ***** suites (don't remember which) and above only.

Would the D concierge help them if they weren't Diamond. Not everyone in a JS suite is a Diamond.

Edited by mafig

No, not on the thread I read (recently). This was on Harmony and there was a sign saying ***** suites (don't remember which) and above only.

Would the D concierge help them if they weren't Diamond. Not everyone in a JS suite is a Diamond.

This would not be a Concierge issue, it would be something to discuss with the CK Host/Hostess. That is who I would call to get the current policy on a sailing. We might be seeing a policy that is changing to a "space available" situation.

There was a recent post where someone on Harmony in a JS was not allowed Coastal Kitchen. :(

I'm following this, because that would be one of the reasons for us to book JS>

This was on the Harmony TA. Due to the high number of upper level C&A members, Coastal Kitchen was limited to those is GS and up. Pinnacle members had limited access for dinner and guests were not allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're sailing on Harmony Dec 10 and I received a call last week to upgrade from a "Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony" to a Junior Suite for $400.

I was driving when I took the call and had put so much research/effort into our current room that I said no thank you. I didn't want to make a quick decision without knowing more about Junior Suites and if the juice was worth the squeeze.

Those perks would be nice, but not sure it would be worth the extra $400... hard to say.

We're sailing on Harmony Dec 10 and I received a call last week to upgrade from a "Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony" to a Junior Suite for $400.

I was driving when I took the call and had put so much research/effort into our current room that I said no thank you. I didn't want to make a quick decision without knowing more about Junior Suites and if the juice was worth the squeeze.

Those perks would be nice, but not sure it would be worth the extra $400... hard to say.

It would be worth it to us to upgrade to a JS for $400 total on a 7-day cruise. However, that's close to the upper limit of what I'd pay for that upgrade.

This was on the Harmony TA. Due to the high number of upper level C&A members, Coastal Kitchen was limited to those is GS and up. Pinnacle members had limited access for dinner and guests were not allowed.

No. It was on Harmony's 11/19 sailing .... review posted by alfaeric. Not TA.

And many Pinnacle members were turned away as well.

On our last on allure and Oasis the card didn't open door at Coastal but hostess was always there and saw shadows come up and opened it for us. Made reservations three times and they know what suite class you are in. Also had ours at 800pm and about 25 % full.

Also on new Royal Suite program their is a suite checkin section at my time dinning . This was also honored for jr. suites. Just behind the reservations on left , and non on right. no standing in line.

I did get a call back. Since we could not go into CK, we were supposed to go to guest services or a concierge.

I suggested that they add access to CK to JS guests, so that we don't have to wait in line for GS to get reservations- which also addresses the guests who are not D or D+. I also suggested that it be added to the IQ app- again, they know we are JS guests.

Not sure if they will be done.

So if you are going on the Harmony- you can:

1) Go to Guest Services to make reservations

2) IF you are D or D+, ask the concierge to make reservations

or

3) wait at the door for someone to let you in to make reservations.

Hopefully, they fix this for future cruisers. We really loved CK on the Anthem, and want to be able to go when it's available.

We are referring to the same thread. There was no sign. Someone made mention of CK being available for GS and above in a cruise compass however that may have not been changed from the TA when there were issues.

Above see alfaerics last post in the thread about the call back he received.

This would not be a Concierge issue, it would be something to discuss with the CK Host/Hostess. That is who I would call to get the current policy on a sailing. We might be seeing a policy that is changing to a "space available" situation.

Ok, so I just got off the phone with RCCL. We are HOTS JS JANUARY 28. I called to make Costal Kitchen dinner reservations, and was told that pre-boarding reservations are only available for GS and above. JS have to make reservations on board, assuming there are any openings left!!!

Ok, so I just got off the phone with RCCL. We are HOTS JS JANUARY 28. I called to make Costal Kitchen dinner reservations, and was told that pre-boarding reservations are only available for GS and above. JS have to make reservations on board, assuming there are any openings left!!!

This has always been the case. JS guests may eat in CK, but must wait until on board to make reservations.

Besides the larger room and the double points, do the junior suites have any other benefits? Do they check in at the suite line or do they check in with the other room types? Thank-you

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had the upgrade fairy visit us in 2005 bumping us from a JS to a GS. The only extra perks I recall, and this was on the Vision, was afternoon canapes brought to the room.

Also on new Royal Suite program their is a suite checkin section at my time dinning . This was also honored for jr. suites. Just behind the reservations on left , and non on right. no standing in line.

That's interesting...I hadn't heard about that previously. We are in a JS for our upcoming HOTS voyage, and I will look for this line. All of the MTD reservations at the times we wanted were already full by the time I tried to book the first week of September, so this special line might be helpful.

We had the upgrade fairy visit us in 2005 bumping us from a JS to a GS. The only extra perks I recall, and this was on the Vision, was afternoon canapes brought to the room.

You should have also been able to order room service off the MDR menu.

• 2 years later...
On 11/30/2016 at 3:59 PM, Tommy the crack said:

On 11/30/2016 at 4:04 PM, Merion_Mom said:

This has always been the case. JS guests may eat in CK, but must wait until on board to make reservations.

Of course there are always the exceptions. Last year for our Asia Ovation cruises we had JSs and were allowed to prebook CK online. Guess they do things different on the other side of the Pacific.