Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

VT - Thanks for the front image of the blue "T". I guess I really never noticed it before so I must think it looks like it fits with the rest of the ship. The contrast with the white on the front looks OK to me. Now I'm just very glad they did not opt for an orange "T".

That singer/music was very annoying:eek: and not really into Cirque type entertainment so not planning on booking until there are at least some early passenger reviews. Also the picture with the snake crawling on a woman's back was enough to make me shudder considering my fear of snakes.

Carole

We booked. If cirque entertainment, we will just skip the show. Not fans of the juggling, magician's etc. We enjoy comedy and good singers/dancers.

One of the worst shows we saw was a xylocynth player with his wife dancing around him. Seemed like a gong show act. LOL.

Wow...the squealing I heard is not anything like Pink Floyd that I remember.

The dark part to me is not so much the music, but the overall mood conveyed of slithering luridness...Guess everyone sees and hears "art" a bit different. We'll just pass it by!

Just returned from Connie after our first cruise on her - previously on Silhouette 3 times - and have just been catching up on Edge news (our cruise next year). Just hate that clip of the entertainment. The woman singing made our teeth ache and as you say it certainly doesn't make us think of Pink Floyd at all !!!

Having said that, we saw a string duet last week on Connie that was just cringe worthy (due to the arrangements to be fair) so not sure if the person who is in charge re music and entertainment is tone deaf !

Just glad that we have booked a cabin on Edge that will not pick up the sounds from Eden -----

Found another story about odd jobs on cruise ships. Interestingly Edge will have "an aerial saxophonist suspended from the nightclub ceiling".

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/travel/cruiseship-workers-a-varied-and-entertaining-crew/news-story/c973927e0b323d74501b30bd21434a3e

All of us who are sailing on the first cruises should take photos, not just of the ship but of the novel entertainment. I just wonder where do you find a saxophonist who is good at playing and balancing... hopefully he/she won't have to do any complicated moves while playing above the dance floor. :)

PS from the post above --- I hate saxophones too --- even when played standing up ---

Modern Luxury ----------- errrrrrr ------- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank, Lloyd!

An interesting close up of the tender positioning in this picture:

enhance

I think the one in the middle was either being lowered or lifted back up at the time this photo was being taken. I am sure that those on deck 6 would prefer the Life/Tender boats be a little lower than the current install position. May be they will make some adjustments for Appex. I like the designs were the Life/Tender boats are tucked below the promenade deck or below the first balcony deck like the Oasis class ships.

Tall-cruiser... I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they can lower the lifeboats a bit when in position. Although it is difficult to tell how impacted the deck 6 cabins are... the photo comes from a low angle... and you can still see the top portion of the windows easily.

Tall-cruiser... I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they can lower the lifeboats a bit when in position. Although it is difficult to tell how impacted the deck 6 cabins are... the photo comes from a low angle... and you can still see the top portion of the windows easily.

Here is closeup from a different angle from one of Lloyd’s recent photos. You can see better the impact I think.

56c6394147328b3122359ad780d3dd0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lloyd - Thanks for sharing these very cool photo updates. It's great to be back on track (thread) here, and see more exterior photos and hopefully some interior soon.

Really, many thanks for all your efforts. They are much appreciated.

Glad to do it. Like doing it. Keeps me out of trouble. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Glad to do it. Like doing it. Keeps me out of trouble. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lloyd in trouble, no way. [emoji3][emoji4]

I think Celebrity and Royal should send you an invite to the shipyards in France and Mayer WERFT. You have done a lot to promote their product to CC and the cruising world. You have my vote as ambassador for us.

Thanks to your photos, I like this closeup with the lighting on “Celebrity Edge”

a4c8aa2d55e133650ced0da4e19cd5c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tall-cruiser... I see your point... It looks worse than in earlier photos... I hope that the boats are temporarily positioned 'high'. I also agree that if it wasn't for Lloyd and VTcruising... we would be in the dark. In this day of twitter and instagram... important that companies take the lead in creating the narrative for their products. Celebrity is lucky to have people really interested in this product and seeing it succeed.

It looks like the covers are off the tenders, but not painted yet. Is it my imagination or do they look taller? I couldn't find a previous picture from that angle.

You can see the width of the MC rail in relation to the S3 balconies pretty well from this angle.

enhance

Tall-cruiser... I see your point... It looks worse than in earlier photos... I hope that the boats are temporarily positioned 'high'. I also agree that if it wasn't for Lloyd and VTcruising... we would be in the dark. In this day of twitter and instagram... important that companies take the lead in creating the narrative for their products. Celebrity is lucky to have people really interested in this product and seeing it succeed.

Kearny - Very well said. Most of us here also use the info we get on these boards to share it with friends and family to keep them engaged and looking forward to their cruise. I can't tell you how many times a family member or friend has asked me "is there anything new and exciting with the ship". When Oasis OTS was being built, the level and kind of info, reveal and marketing was very good and exciting. Some of us still have those early brochures because it was such a Wow. We need more of that kind of stuff to keep the excitement up.

I have no doubt though that Edge will be a beautiful and exciting ship. And thanks to Celebrity for creating something different, cool, exciting and beautiful.

It looks like the covers are off the tenders, but not painted yet. Is it my imagination or do they look taller? I couldn't find a previous picture from that angle.

You can see the width of the MC rail in relation to the S3 balconies pretty well from this angle.

enhance

VT - I think they are still covered.

Do they look taller? Hmmmm! It does appear so, but could also be the angle that the photo was taken from. The person that took the photo is probably at port level and pointing slightly up with their camera. What is cleare though is that you can see all of deck 7 balconies but all of deck 6.

We need someone to be inside a deck 6 IV cabin and take a picture looking out towards the balcony. Lloyd are you up for Yard and ship tour :D:)

VT early on in the posts on this thread there is a link to a story about how this ship will have double decker life boats... one of the photos Lloyd posted show the top level of a boat... now it appears you may have to stoop on the second level... but still that would make them higher than regular lifeboats. There are only six lifeboats on a side vs about 11 on S class ships. So they have to be bigger... capacity for both classes is roughly the same 2800 vs 2900 passengers.