Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Alas, when there are changes... it usually means something is taken away

Totally agree - last time on Silhouette (May-June 2018) they invented "three strikes" rule - instead of having unlimited drinks during happy hour, there was only three drinks allowed during 5 to 7 in the evening. Not that I wanted to booze myself "to the Edge" but this was clearly an attempt to control the free alcohol leakout, and I wouldn't say that there were a lot of Captain's Club members on that cruise...

Totally agree - last time on Silhouette (May-June 2018) they invented "three strikes" rule - instead of having unlimited drinks during happy hour, there was only three drinks allowed during 5 to 7 in the evening. Not that I wanted to booze myself "to the Edge" but this was clearly an attempt to control the free alcohol leakout, and I wouldn't say that there were a lot of Captain's Club members on that cruise...

Three weeks ago in equinox at Michaels drinks were free

We were on Silhouette last November.... waiter had our drinks waiting for us when we arrived. There was no limit then. Perhaps they were being a bit too free with the drinks. Eclipse in April no apparent limit and neither on Equinox in July. So perhaps they were testing something or responding to our collective Elite November liquor bill for Captains Club cocktail hour :)

We were on Silhouette last November.... waiter had our drinks waiting for us when we arrived. There was no limit then. Perhaps they were being a bit too free with the drinks. Eclipse in April no apparent limit and neither on Equinox in July. So perhaps they were testing something or responding to our collective Elite November liquor bill for Captains Club cocktail hour :)

Never been a limit in Sky lounge or wherever. However if there’s to many elites on board then you are given 3 vouchers or electronic credit on sea pass for 3 drinks in other bars from the same limited menu

Was this limitation done at the actual Elite cocktail event in the Sky Lounge? If so that is not the norm. If there are a lot of Elite/Elite+ on board they sometimes issue the 3-drink vouchers/coupons that can be used at any bar. This is generally a positive thing as you can also still use the Sky Lounge too.

I heard an interesting tidbit from someone who was in a meeting with Celebrity people about the Edge (she is coordinating a charity event on the Edge and will be onboard for the event). They told her to look up in every room that she entered on the Edge. Apparently they have put a lot of interesting details into the ceilings throughout the ship. She said they also said the stairways are amazingly beautiful on the Edge. So, Lloyd, if you get any inside pictures with ceilings as spaces get finished off, please be sure to post them. :D

So Edge cruisers, make sure you look up so that you don't miss anything, though now I'm worried that I will be looking up at some awesome sight on the ceiling and fall down those amazing stairs. :D

All of the S1 layouts that I have seen, even if the bed is not facing the ocean, have the bed near the bathroom, with the couch by the balcony. I don't think that will be an issue. You can see the layouts on the Sky Suites thread and you could add to the discussion there (all the Sky Suite people would appreciate your input :D).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472839

We're in an S2 which is the category thought to have beds facing the sea (if all of them don't), but I guess I will literally have waited a year and a half to get an answer to this question. lol.

I heard an interesting tidbit from someone who was in a meeting with Celebrity people about the Edge (she is coordinating a charity event on the Edge and will be onboard for the event). They told her to look up in every room that she entered on the Edge. Apparently they have put a lot of interesting details into the ceilings throughout the ship. She said they also said the stairways are amazingly beautiful on the Edge. So, Lloyd, if you get any inside pictures with ceilings as spaces get finished off, please be sure to post them. :D

So Edge cruisers, make sure you look up so that you don't miss anything, though now I'm worried that I will be looking up at some awesome sight on the ceiling and fall down those amazing stairs. :D

maybe good neck exercise for all those normally accustomed to looking down at their phones :'):'):')

Worse yet, spill a drink!

Thanks for the pictures Lloyd!

Very interesting to see the workers underneath the suites (assuming they are them) in the first set of photos you posted.

The balconies have a blue portion in the glass up to the rail which might restrict view if not see through. One room even has a support pole in the middle of the balcony.

Would expect that you design a clean balcony for the suites at the prices they are charging.

Hmm

So the top row with outside balc are suites..with traditional balconies .

They look much more appealing than the Inf ones..

We' ll see how it feels from inside the AQ cabins, but I am already torn...no Reg balcs in AQ class.....and if we give that up we lose the thermal suites and BLU .

Time will tell.

Thanks for the pictures Lloyd!

Very interesting to see the workers underneath the suites (assuming they are them) in the first set of photos you posted.

The balconies have a blue portion in the glass up to the rail which might restrict view if not see through. One room even has a support pole in the middle of the balcony.

Would expect that you design a clean balcony for the suites at the prices they are charging.

Someone else mentioned that they moved their suite to next to a firewall to get away from a support beam in the middle of the balcony. Time will tell how annoying they will be.

I hadn't noticed the blue strip on the suite balconies before - I'm sure it makes the ship look better overall, with the IV's having those blue strips on either side. I hope they are not in the line of view when seated or they would be annoying for some. I doubt they will be on the aft balconies so we should be safe from them there.