Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks for the tip, I just booked it. I selected the following for $1050 per cabin, not per person, all fees included:

Deluxe Oceanview with Veranda - $1,050

Located at either end of the ship, in the Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda you'll have the choice to relax in your

spacious living area, or step outside to enjoy morning coffee and evening sunsets. Veranda Staterooms include the added

luxury of outdoor space to enjoy sweeping ocean panoramas.

This is an interesting close up of starboard forward. The 2 PO's are Panoramic Ocean View with the floor to ceiling windows and the other 6 are E4's with their balcony furniture seen waiting for their guests. They are above a doorway from deck 5 near the lifeboats to the area close to the 3rd level of the Oculus Theater.

enhance

WOW. 6126 is our E4 cabin with infinite veranda for our 16 December 2018 sailing. DW will be pleased not to be looking straight down into the water.

It also shows how the glass window drops for the open sea view. Fantastic.

Edited by Esprit
Typo

WOW. 6126 is our E4 cabin with infinite veranda for our 16 December 2018 sailing. DW will be pleased not to be looking straight down into the water.

It also shows how the glass window drops for the open sea view. Fantastic.

Looks like you lucked out with the location and view!

Thanks for the tip, I just booked it. I selected the following for $1050 per cabin, not per person, all fees included:

Deluxe Oceanview with Veranda - $1,050

Located at either end of the ship, in the Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda you'll have the choice to relax in your

spacious living area, or step outside to enjoy morning coffee and evening sunsets. Veranda Staterooms include the added

luxury of outdoor space to enjoy sweeping ocean panoramas.

Good for you...hope you will post a review and some photos

I know for a fact that there is a cruise for travel agents but I don't know the dates, or number of days, but you would think it will be before regularly scheduled cruises begin? It could be this 2-day cruise along with the charity event!

The TA on Twitter who was invited on an Edge TA pre-cruise said the TA cruise was in late November so my guess is that it is Nov 29-30, after the United Way cruise and before my Dec 1 Preview cruise. I suppose the TA group could be rolled into the United Way cruise, but it makes sense to me to have two separate cruises so that United Way could make more for their charities by selling to consumers.

My TA is sailing 11/30 for three nights...the same dates we were scheduled for one of the preview cruises.

That's weird because I have an Edge cruise booked from Dec 1 - Dec 4. I had heard there would be some TAs on that cruise so maybe that is the one (or are they going to change it again!)?!

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/celebrity-cruises-cruise-trade-partners/

I came across this news article a few weeks ago. I am hoping that some TAs will post photos.

They will be allowing some TAs to see the ship on Sept 13.

From the Q &A;

You also have an upcoming agent shipyard visit to see Edge.

Can you tell me more?

We’re giving 40 trade partners a little sneak preview on the 13 September.

Nicola McNeish, (head of X sales)

I learned a bit more today. Those aboard the November 27-29 cruise will be the first passengers to board Edge. The guests will consist of Executives from RCCL and all of its subs, media, TA's and the charity which I believe will have 250 cabins. I'm sure there are others! The United Way told me I will hear from X in October with the details on my cabin and acquiring the boarding documents. I'm guessing there will be no charges on this cruise because our beverages are included and given the other mentioned guests they will not be paying either. Not sure about the specialty restaurants but I'm thinking the execs will have them booked up.

The TA on Twitter who was invited on an Edge TA pre-cruise said the TA cruise was in late November so my guess is that it is Nov 29-30, after the United Way cruise and before my Dec 1 Preview cruise. I suppose the TA group could be rolled into the United Way cruise, but it makes sense to me to have two separate cruises so that United Way could make more for their charities by selling to consumers.

I learned a bit more today. Those aboard the November 27-29 cruise will be the first passengers to board Edge. The guests will consist of Executives from RCCL and all of its subs, media, TA's and the charity which I believe will have 250 cabins. I'm sure there are others! The United Way told me I will hear from X in October with the details on my cabin and acquiring the boarding documents. I'm guessing there will be no charges on this cruise because our beverages are included and given the other mentioned guests they will not be paying either. Not sure about the specialty restaurants but I'm thinking the execs will have them booked up.

Thanks! There is a thread about this, with more info - it would be great if you posted this info for people there :D: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668190

There is also a roll call started. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668541

I have one of the 250 cabins! :D

Thanks, we appreciate the leads!

Thanks! There is a thread about this, with more info - it would be great if you posted this info for people there :D: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668190

There is also a roll call started. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668541

I have one of the 250 cabins! :D

Anybody knows already - how the Elite Captain's Club members will be perked on Edge???

How different this will be - if any - compared to "common" Celebrity ships? Any rumors?

No press reports as far as I know. I assumed rightly or wrongly just the same.

Time will tell!

Bob