Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Hopefully, that singer wasn't the actual performer who will be on the Edge. Fingernails on chalkboard....:D

I profoundly share your hope:eek: No, I think they’ll have bizarre acrobatics performed by sequined creatures, while an odd serpent-man suddenly begins belting out AC/DC’s “Highway to Hell”;p

afternoon all,

i know the style of the ship and interior spaces have been a hot topic, i happen to like the magic carpet in all of its orange glory. But the one thing i despise is the change in the paint job. I truly hate the white blob with orange outline at the base of the MC, I'm not a fan of the blue added to the bow in a T shape either, it takes away from the overall aesthetic. Sorry, that's my 2 cents—those two things kill me every time, they are so distracting.

enhance

There seems to be a lot more blue and white on the ship now compared to some of the original renderings. The smoke stack has alternating colors on the front and back, the champagne looking hot tubs last time I saw a picture had one white and the other blue. I do agree though on blue added to the forward facing cabins on the bow in a T shape. IMO the white would look really sleek. Just like in the rendering below.

0ea53da887ba00e6a18a087c58889253.jpg

Doesn’t that front part look really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I profoundly share your hope:eek: No, I think they’ll have bizarre acrobatics performed by sequined creatures, while an odd serpent-man suddenly begins belting out AC/DC’s “Highway to Hell”;p

I will be watching it December 2nd (while eating sea urchin and an Orchid in Blossom) - I will bring my snake bite kit and a pair of earplugs just in case. :D

Actually, New Age music is quite beautiful...this is creepy wierd, definitely not New Age!

This impresses me as very dark, pseudo sexual, but hey... different strokes for different folks....as long as they do not touch me!

This piece was done far back by some obscure group called PINK FLOYD...... :p:pclear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

afternoon all,

i know the style of the ship and interior spaces have been a hot topic, i happen to like the magic carpet in all of its orange glory. But the one thing i despise is the change in the paint job. I truly hate the white blob with orange outline at the base of the MC, I'm not a fan of the blue added to the bow in a T shape either, it takes away from the overall aesthetic. Sorry, that's my 2 cents—those two things kill me every time, they are so distracting.

I agree on both items, but especially the blue "T" on the front of the ship - really quite unattractive. As far as the Orange of the Magic Carpet and it's support/rails - I think it will be less jarring once the lifeboats have their protective tarps removed and we get a bit more orange added in to balance it out. I'd still rather have seen the Magic Carpet/supports in the same Blue as the hull however. That would have helped mitigated what an eyesore it is.

I will be watching it December 2nd (while eating sea urchin and an Orchid in Blossom) - I will bring my snake bite kit and a pair of earplugs just in case. :D

Vt ...Are you really going to try the sea urchin? Quite adventurous!

I know it's some type of avante garde delicacy but it reminds me of the sea urchins that clustered around the ladder to enter the water when we rented a hut on Labadee, and a snorkel hut trip on St Maarten...more urchins than fish!

We're with some of you. Loud music, Cirque type entertainment, adventurous eating and the like may be for others but not us. We seem to be entering a really different Celebrity....why not leave this to Royal and Carnival....is it really necessary for X? I certainly am curious about the remainder of the ship but am wondering if this is a mistake. For us at any rate I think M and S class fit us.

Charles

I think I will reserve judgment until after the cruise. It is a marketing mocked-up video. Hopefully there will be something for everybody.

Vt ...Are you really going to try the sea urchin? Quite adventurous!

I know it's some type of avante garde delicacy but it reminds me of the sea urchins that clustered around the ladder to enter the water when we rented a hut on Labadee, and a snorkel hut trip on St Maarten...more urchins than fish!

I have spent time in Sicily over my business career where they serve raw sea urchin in shells (with little picks for the tiny pieces inside). Or my favorite is mixed in with pasta and olive oil. Quite delicious.

""I agree on both items, but especially the blue "T" on the front of the ship - really quite unattractive. As far as the Orange of the Magic Carpet and it's support/rails - I think it will be less jarring once the lifeboats have their protective tarps removed and we get a bit more orange added in to balance it out. I'd still rather have seen the Magic Carpet/supports in the same Blue as the hull however. That would have helped mitigated what an eyesore it is.""

I agree that the Magic Carpet hull painting reminds me of Norwegian CL ships. Does anybody have a good picture of the blue "T"?

I have spent time in Sicily over my business career where they serve raw sea urchin in shells (with little picks for the tiny pieces inside). Or my favorite is mixed in with pasta and olive oil. Quite delicious.

I think they changed the menu. This was the old description:

Descending Frost

Sea urchin, fluke, shiso leaf and spicy... melon

The new menu has crab. Must be their focus groups didn't go for sea urchin. ;)

DESCENDING FROST

Avocado, Crab, Green

Apple and Wasabi

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Eden-Placeholder-Menu.pdf

When I said 'new age', it was a bad comparison.... I just was grasping for a descriptor.

When I think about what I like about cruising.... one of the things that comes to mind... is the comfort of the familiar. Getting on the ship, even if it is a different ship but from the same class... and having an idea on where everything is. Knowing that there is likely a comedian headliner or a vocalist and likely a tribute group.... while predictable... there is a certain comfort in the routine. So knowing that this ship is intended to be disruptive.... it will shake this sense of predictability. I think we need to approach sailing on her the way we did our first cruise .... with excitement and anticipation. If we are looking for the familiar, we might be disappointed... as I get older... it becomes a bit more difficult to embrace the unknown.... but this should be easier with this ship then say, trying rappelling for the first time... and less risky as well. So fingers crossed, I am sure DH and I will have a great time.... just not sure what one wears when having dinner in Eden.... hopefully more that what Eve wore :)

When I said 'new age', it was a bad comparison.... I just was grasping for a descriptor.

When I think about what I like about cruising.... one of the things that comes to mind... is the comfort of the familiar. Getting on the ship, even if it is a different ship but from the same class... and having an idea on where everything is. Knowing that there is likely a comedian headliner or a vocalist and likely a tribute group.... while predictable... there is a certain comfort in the routine. So knowing that this ship is intended to be disruptive.... it will shake this sense of predictability. I think we need to approach sailing on her the way we did our first cruise .... with excitement and anticipation. If we are looking for the familiar, we might be disappointed... as I get older... it becomes a bit more difficult to embrace the unknown.... but this should be easier with this ship then say, trying rappelling for the first time... and less risky as well. So fingers crossed, I am sure DH and I will have a great time.... just not sure what one wears when having dinner in Eden.... hopefully more that what Eve wore :)

I'm wearing my snakeskin boots! ;)

k - I bet upon your return from the sailing you will be a convert to The Edge and all of its' glory!

You will be so amazed and awe struck even given your current trepidations about the unknown, while it excites me to no end, I realize not everyone likes this approach....

As opposed to the 'unknown' for me, I approach it as the 'yet to experience' and how will I make the best of it with wonder and joyfulness at being able to be there! Originally I wanted to do the 11 nighter, but was vetoed! LOL Now I have been told that a reservation can be made for a 2020 Mediterranean sailing, which will be easily 10 days or so... Hooooray!

As for Eden dining, I think you can wear nothing less than a new Chic outfit befitting of the wonderful person that you are... give the other passengers something to talk about for years to come... 'Do you remember k and her outfit, stunning to say the least...' You will be The Essence of Chic aboard The Edge.

bon voyage

Bo, Alas the time when people remembered what I wore are long past. But perhaps an animal print is called for... to at least blend in with snake man. Now if I wasn't excited about trying this ship I wouldn't be on this board following its every step. Something exciting about watching a ship being born... so to speak.

But... What no sea urchin! Isn't that the creature putting star fish at risk? Something I recall reading somewhere. What better way to deal with this threat than by eating them! Actually I think I would try that.. at least once. Help the poor star fish... eat an urchin.

THE EDEN

When I said 'new age', it was a bad comparison....

I just was grasping for a descriptor. ...

So fingers crossed, I am sure DH and I will have a great time....

just not sure what one wears when having dinner in Eden....

hopefully more that what Eve wore :)

I'm wearing my snakeskin boots! ;)

The Eden images look good to me! (Yes, fingers crossed.):halo:

Has there been an updated video? Below was published October, 2017

Bo, Alas the time when people remembered what I wore are long past. But perhaps an animal print is called for... to at least blend in with snake man. Now if I wasn't excited about trying this ship I wouldn't be on this board following its every step. Something exciting about watching a ship being born... so to speak.

But... What no sea urchin! Isn't that the creature putting star fish at risk? Something I recall reading somewhere. What better way to deal with this threat than by eating them! Actually I think I would try that.. at least once. Help the poor star fish... eat an urchin.

LOL, touche k - yet the time will never pass beyond which people can remember what you wore...

My mother use to go on cruises and wore the most beautiful gowns and people remembered the previous years.. she always tried to upstage herself each successive year... I thought it was crazy, but that is what she always wanted to do... and was successful. Long before Chic was ever thought about by cruise lines..LOL

As for urchin, maybe you can order that before boarding??? Quite possible it may be in Raw On 5, too?

bon voyage

Found another story about odd jobs on cruise ships. Interestingly Edge will have "an aerial saxophonist suspended from the nightclub ceiling".

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/travel/cruiseship-workers-a-varied-and-entertaining-crew/news-story/c973927e0b323d74501b30bd21434a3e

All of us who are sailing on the first cruises should take photos, not just of the ship but of the novel entertainment. I just wonder where do you find a saxophonist who is good at playing and balancing... hopefully he/she won't have to do any complicated moves while playing above the dance floor. :)

Found another story about odd jobs on cruise ships.

Interestingly Edge will have

"an aerial saxophonist suspended from the nightclub ceiling".

All of us who are sailing on the first cruises should take photos, not just of the ship but of the novel entertainment.

I just wonder where do you find a saxophonist who is good at playing and balancing... ?

hopefully he/she won't have to do any complicated moves while playing above the dance floor. :)

As a second gig, maybe on a tree limb in the Eden?:);p

I think they changed the menu. This was the old description:

Descending Frost

Sea urchin, fluke, shiso leaf and spicy... melon

The new menu has crab. Must be their focus groups didn't go for sea urchin. ;)

DESCENDING FROST

Avocado, Crab, Green

Apple and Wasabi

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Eden-Placeholder-Menu.pdf

Much better than sea urchin.....dh family is Sicilian...they never serve urchin but they eat simple farm syle.....

Crab avocado, apple and wasabii, sounds quite good... other menu items also seem interesting but we will still pass on this venue due to the ambiance!

Edited by hcat

Found another story about odd jobs on cruise ships. Interestingly Edge will have "an aerial saxophonist suspended from the nightclub ceiling".

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/travel/cruiseship-workers-a-varied-and-entertaining-crew/news-story/c973927e0b323d74501b30bd21434a3e

All of us who are sailing on the first cruises should take photos, not just of the ship but of the novel entertainment. I just wonder where do you find a saxophonist who is good at playing and balancing... hopefully he/she won't have to do any complicated moves while playing above the dance floor. :)

On our one and only Reflection Cruise, instead of boarding to the dulcet sounds of the harpist, we were hit with a loud Miami dj with a bongo player..,Somewhere on that cruise was a saxaphonist...but not Kenny G

That cruise was a Celebrity turning point for us...but at least most of the DJ only music has departed!