Couple of questions from 1st timer

Optotronics

We are going on our first cruise. It'll be a 14 day b2b on the regal.

1. When going on a b2b, are required to disembark at the halfway point?

2. Do we need to go to both muster drills?

3. Is it possible, at the halfway point when the 2nd cruise begins to get the all inclusive beverage package or must it be done on the first day of the first cruise?

Thanks for any help in advance

Jack

Yes...you will have to get off the ship, but you will get right back on for the 2nd leg.

Yes...you attend ALL Musters! It's for your own good!

Not sure how Princess does their drink packages....some allow you to wait to buy them. After the 1st leg, you should know if you need it for the 2nd!

Edited by cb at sea

1. When going on a b2b, are required to disembark at the halfway point?Not necessarily...it is at the discretion of CBP. On our last B2B, CBP came aboard and cleared us

2. Do we need to go to both muster drills?No, you are exempt from Muster on the second half

3. Is it possible, at the halfway point when the 2nd cruise begins to get the all inclusive beverage package or must it be done on the first day of the first cruise? Yes, we did this exact same thing on our last B2B. You can purchase it from any of the bars on board.

Jack

See responses above in RED

Edited by CRLess

1. It depends on where your turnaround day is. Generally, in US ports, you must leave the ship and go thru immigration that day. Outside the US, this has never been a requirement.

2. You are not required to attend the second muster drill, but it is good practice to attend, especially if you have changed cabins.

Thanks everyone,

We are returning to ft lauderdale, hopefully they won't require us to take all our things and get off the ship, go through customs and then stand in line again to get back on the ship....seems like a waste of several hours only to return to our same room.

In fine with going to muster a 2nd time in one week, it doesn't take long from what I hear and the 2nd drill will only help us in case of emergency.

I think if we have to fully disembark, we may just spend the day in ft. Lauderdale and stop buy a liquor store nearby and pick up 2 bottles of wine for our second week;)

Thanks everyone,

We are returning to ft lauderdale, hopefully they won't require us to take all our things and get off the ship, go through customs and then stand in line again to get back on the ship....seems like a waste of several hours only to return to our same room.

In fine with going to muster a 2nd time in one week, it doesn't take long from what I hear and the 2nd drill will only help us in case of emergency.

I think if we have to fully disembark, we may just spend the day in ft. Lauderdale and stop buy a liquor store nearby and pick up 2 bottles of wine for our second week;)

you are not required to remove your belongings, those stay in your cabin. You and your family might have to go through customs, and then like some have said... go right back on the ship. If you want to, you can have breakfast that morning, and leave the ship at any time once clearance has been granted and go off and enjoy Ft. Lauderdale. Then return prior to sailing along with the other passengers. You will have a new cruise card and an "in transit" card to show to the crew at the gangway. Hope this helps ! :)

1)NO, You can go through emigration in the theater. You CAN leave the ship to do an excursion(do a ship chartered one)

2)First one, yes. Second you can skip, but should go anyway.

3)Not totally sure, but I think you can.

4)We did the 14 day B2B in Feb. this year, so we have an idea or 2 about it.

Yes...you will have to get off the ship, but you will get right back on for the 2nd leg.

Yes...you attend ALL Musters! It's for your own good!

Not sure how Princess does their drink packages....some allow you to wait to buy them. After the 1st leg, you should know if you need it for the 2nd!

That's wrong! We did NOT have to leave the ship, we did emigration in the theater. Please give correct info. to future cruisers to avoid misunderstanding! We did NOT have to do the second muster, but yes it's still a good idea.

Whether you have to leave the ship for an immigration check depends on the port and how the immigration officers feel at the time. It can be completed on the ship or leave the ship as a group and reboard later at the discretion of the authorities. Last time in FLL we had to leave and reboard when the boarding started. The ship has to be empty of all pax or have them gathered in a specific place for customs to clear the ship for boarding.

You either leave everything in your stateroom if you are staying in it for the other half of the B2B or if you are changing staterooms, the ship stewards will move your belongings (packed but those on hangers can remain) to the new stateroom.

See responses above in RED

Thanks again everyone for your help and especially you Chris, I've been reading your post of your cruise and your review afterwards. Last week when you first talked about the ship tour, I knew it was something I would enjoy, especially if your went to the engine room; however your detailed review was nearly as information as watching it on "modern marvels".

Thanks

You will have a new cruise card and an "in transit" card to show to the crew at the gangway. Hope this helps ! :)

Not any more. If you are in the same cabin for both segments, the cruise card they give you when you check in for the first segment will be good for both segments.

In addition to what others have posted, Princess will offer some shore excursions that day. If you take one of them, it will also have departing passengers who will be dropped off at the FLL airport at the end of the excursion before you are then returned to the ship.

In this case, you will clear immigration when you leave the ship for the excursion (be sure to have your passport with you) and get back on the ship when the excursion ends. You will have to go through security at the cruise terminal, but can then go directly to the ship bypassing the check-in counters for new passengers.

2. Do we need to go to both muster drills?

3. Is it possible, at the halfway point when the 2nd cruise begins to get the all inclusive beverage package or must it be done on the first day of the first cruise?

Jack

1. not always

2. We didn't but may vary by where you are sailing

3. It should be it's a seperate cruise.

You have received answers, here are mine

Turn around day

You will receive instructions in your cabin showing your options on turn around day. There are two options. (Option 1) report to the designated ship location at the time indicated with the required documents, which are passport, U.S. Customs declaration completed with zero $$ being imported, cruise card, and intransit form provided by Princess. Do not be late. If even one person fails to show up everybody has to wait until that person is located. Once everybody is there and all other passengers have disembarked then as a group you will be either led off the ship and through immigration or immigration may come on board. (Option 2) Leave the ship at any time from the beginning of the disembarkation process up until the final calls, which are normally around 9:30am or so. Carry your passport, US Customs form with zero $$, cruise card, and intransit card. Re-board anytime after general boarding has begun, around noon. If you are staying in the same cabin leave everything in your cabin like any normal day. If you are changing cabins speak with your cabin steward to arrange the transfer of your stuff.

Muster

You do not have to attend the muster drill for the second leg. This will be mentioned in the instructions delivered to your cabin.

AIBP

The packages will be sold for each leg of the cruise. Purchase one leg at a time on the first day of each leg.

Other comment.

If you are docked at Piers 2 or 4 it is easy to walk off the ship and onto SE 17th St. where there are lots of stores to purchase additional supplies or an additional bottle/person of wine. There is also the SUN Trolley for a few dollars that you can take to the beach area. My experience is that it is easier to exit the ship and spend a few hours in Ft. Lauderdale then it is to wait on the ship for the immigration process.

Edited by sknight

You are NOT required to attend muster drill on the second leg of your B2B. :)

You can buy the AIBP for the second leg of your B2B cruise.

If you do not attend the second muster drill how does the crew really know who is on a B2B and who is not? I had always thought that every Muster drill is mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have received answers, here are mine

Turn around day

You will receive instructions in your cabin showing your options on turn around day. There are two options. (Option 1) report to the designated ship location at the time indicated with the required documents, which are passport, U.S. Customs declaration completed with zero $$ being imported, cruise card, and intransit form provided by Princess. Do not be late. If even one person fails to show up everybody has to wait until that person is located. Once everybody is there and all other passengers have disembarked then as a group you will be either led off the ship and through immigration or immigration may come on board. (Option 2) Leave the ship at any time from the beginning of the disembarkation process up until the final calls, which are normally around 9:30am or so. Carry your passport, US Customs form with zero $$, cruise card, and intransit card. Re-board anytime after general boarding has begun, around noon. If you are staying in the same cabin leave everything in your cabin like any normal day. If you are changing cabins speak with your cabin steward to arrange the transfer of your stuff.

Muster

You do not have to attend the muster drill for the second leg. This will be mentioned in the instructions delivered to your cabin.

AIBP

The packages will be sold for each leg of the cruise. Purchase one leg at a time on the first day of each leg.

Other comment.

If you are docked at Piers 2 or 4 it is easy to walk off the ship and onto SE 17th St. where there are lots of stores to purchase additional supplies or an additional bottle/person of wine. There is also the SUN Trolley for a few dollars that you can take to the beach area. My experience is that it is easier to exit the ship and spend a few hours in Ft. Lauderdale then it is to wait on the ship for the immigration process.

I was kind of brief in my post. I hope Optotrnics reads your post. It was very good!

If you do not attend the second muster drill how does the crew really know who is on a B2B and who is not? I had always thought that every Muster drill is mandatory.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily, when doing a B2B, attending the 2nd Muster Drill on Princess is not required.

On our upcoming we have a Muster Drill Party planned for those of us who will be staying over for the next leg during Muster Drill! :D

LuLu

If you do not attend the second muster drill how does the crew really know who is on a B2B and who is not? I had always thought that every Muster drill is mandatory.

The official requirement is that you must attend if you have not attended one in the last 30 days.

So, it is legal for Princess not to require you to attend the one for the 2nd segment of a B2B.

Many other cruise lines will require you attend anyway.

The crew may not know who is B2B and who is not, but everyone attending the muster has their cruise card scanned and the computer will know if someone has to attend or not.