Royal Caribbean Aggressive Customer Service

Markbr69

Note- oops, I'm a moron :)! I misinterpreted 11/14 join date as November, 2014!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Don't worry about it. One month or two years, they haven't made any friends yet. ;):D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Don't worry about it. One month or two years, they haven't made any friends yet. ;):D

:D I doubt it´ll happen anytime soon.:D

Now I can really see why RCI blew them off and I would have done the same if in their shoes.

I´m rather surprised the usual suspects haven´t posted about how People are flamed for every complaint By the Royal Cheerleaders and how this was a legit complaint;):rolleyes:

I've recently had to complain to Royal Caribbean (RCI) about a cruise I recently took on Voyager. It was just a real bad one and there were a lot of very upset passengers. I first made my complaints known on board and nothing was done, I just got apologies and cruise vouchers. When I got back home RCI confirmed the vouchers but I wouldn't want to travel with RCI again because their cruises are like a 2 star hotel in Blackpool on a stag weekend, so the vouchers are worthless to me.

I wrote a detailed letter pointing out my complaints which ranged from cold and horrible food, poor service, 5 hours of queues to get on and off the ship at every tendered stop, constant lies from on board customer services, lost cases, dirty room and balcony, terrible entertainment and to top it all off they ran out of most wine and beer after day 5 of a 14 day cruise because "the guests were drinking too much" and never recovered.

When I came to leave I found I'd been grossly overcharged and that my credit card had been used to pay the bill before I'd even seen or agreed to it.

Anyway, back to the subject, RCI has simply stuck its finger up at me and told me to get lost in no uncertain terms, is this normal from them?

I'm now having to go through an ABTA arbitration to get them to see sense.

This just seems an odd way to do business. I've travelled with RCI before and they were fine but the general consensus from fellow guests is that RCI is reducing its standards to attract a different market. I didn't speak to anybody on Voyager who would sail with RCI again.

The cruise was hideous and the company are unpleasant to deal with, nice mix......

What cruise, please include date?

Why don't you write a member review and post it on cc. Please provide more details so it will assist others in their selections.

I always like to read many reviews of the specific ship before I book, and if possible the itinerary.

It is not unusual for about 20 % of the reviews to be generally negative. However, I always dig down into the review to evaluate the specific details of any complaints.

I might say that I have seen many cases where one person gives the cruise a one star (worst cruise ever) another three stars and another five stars (best cruise ever. It doesn't mean that all aren't correct, some people have terrible problems with their cabin or a billing issue and others do not.

This is what cc reviews are for, to assist others.

I've recently had to complain to Royal Caribbean (RCI) about a cruise I recently took on Voyager. It was just a real bad one and there were a lot of very upset passengers. I first made my complaints known on board and nothing was done, I just got apologies and cruise vouchers. When I got back home RCI confirmed the vouchers but I wouldn't want to travel with RCI again because their cruises are like a 2 star hotel in Blackpool on a stag weekend, so the vouchers are worthless to me.

I wrote a detailed letter pointing out my complaints which ranged from cold and horrible food, poor service, 5 hours of queues to get on and off the ship at every tendered stop, constant lies from on board customer services, lost cases, dirty room and balcony, terrible entertainment and to top it all off they ran out of most wine and beer after day 5 of a 14 day cruise because "the guests were drinking too much" and never recovered.

When I came to leave I found I'd been grossly overcharged and that my credit card had been used to pay the bill before I'd even seen or agreed to it.

Anyway, back to the subject, RCI has simply stuck its finger up at me and told me to get lost in no uncertain terms, is this normal from them?

I'm now having to go through an ABTA arbitration to get them to see sense.

This just seems an odd way to do business. I've travelled with RCI before and they were fine but the general consensus from fellow guests is that RCI is reducing its standards to attract a different market. I didn't speak to anybody on Voyager who would sail with RCI again.

The cruise was hideous and the company are unpleasant to deal with, nice mix......

Five hours of queues to get on and off the ship at each port huh? Not much time left for the port? Don't believe ONE word of your post!!!....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail

It's sad how the quality of Royal is going down. For those of us who have cruised over the years, it is VERY evident.
I also have "cruised over the years" with RCL and have noticed some things that are better and some not as much, thanks for being so specific!....K.O....:rolleyes:

Not only is it normal for them, it's normal for this forum in response to such a far-fetched story. Consider yourself being provided with a similar collective "finger up".

I would have responded the same way RCI did had you presented yourself with the same hellish claims with the hopes that your kind of patronage would cease.

This rant get filed right where it belongs - in the trash.

Maybe "We are out of beer and wine" is a polite way of saying "Sir, we are cutting you off before you harm yourself or others".

DING, DING, DING, DING!!!! I think we have our answer!!🍻

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

So if you are a belligerent drunk they tell you that they are out of beer and wine so you move onto whiskey and tequila?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I understand some of your frustration. Returned from first Royal Caribbean cruise. Unfortunately, I did not have a positive experience with Royal Caribbean customer service on board. I had 2 major issues that did not get resolved. 1st issue was that we not able to enjoy having a balcony. The people in the balcony room to the right of us sat on their balcony and smoked. I asked them to use the approved areas on the ship to smoke. I also went to customer service to complain. And this issue was not resolved. 2nd issue was water. I have type 2 diabetes and manage with diet, exercise and medication. I was hanging out with friends. I asked the bar steward for a glass of water so I could take my medication. On different occasions the bar steward would not let me have a cup of water since I didn't purchase a drink package. So I needed to go the the cafe on deck 5 or buffet on deck 11. RC customer service onboard said I could use deck 5, deck 11 or purchase bottled water. This is my first cruise experience with Royal Caribbean and was not impressed

I understand some of your frustration. Returned from first Royal Caribbean cruise. Unfortunately, I did not have a positive experience with Royal Caribbean customer service on board. I had 2 major issues that did not get resolved. 1st issue was that we not able to enjoy having a balcony. The people in the balcony room to the right of us sat on their balcony and smoked. I asked them to use the approved areas on the ship to smoke. I also went to customer service to complain. And this issue was not resolved. 2nd issue was water. I have type 2 diabetes and manage with diet, exercise and medication. I was hanging out with friends. I asked the bar steward for a glass of water so I could take my medication. On different occasions the bar steward would not let me have a cup of water since I didn't purchase a drink package. So I needed to go the the cafe on deck 5 or buffet on deck 11. RC customer service onboard said I could use deck 5, deck 11 or purchase bottled water. This is my first cruise experience with Royal Caribbean and was not impressed

Never ever ever ever have I been turned down for a glass of water at a bar.

Are you sure that the server understood that you didn't want a bottle of water?

Maybe "We are out of beer and wine" is a polite way of saying "Sir, we are cutting you off before you harm yourself or others".

Yes..... Especially if you've been standing next to a life boat waiting to tender ashore for the last 5 hours. :D ;)