Embarkation restaurant question

believer33323

There have been a few exceptions when it is closed for a private event.

I wonder if the chances of that are higher for sailings out of Seattle due to HQ being here. We're planning to do MDR rather than buffet if we can. Depends on the weather too - if a rare sunny nice June day in Seattle we could see doing poolside burger and stake out a place for sailaway.

I wonder if the chances of that are higher for sailings out of Seattle due to HQ being here. We're planning to do MDR rather than buffet if we can. Depends on the weather too - if a rare sunny nice June day in Seattle we could see doing poolside burger and stake out a place for sailaway.

MDR for me too on the Oosterdam ....if we can make it before it closes. Much more relaxing.

We have found the dining closed both in Seattle and Ft Lauderdale.

If you reserved a Retreat Cabana go straight there. The stewards will make sure you are taken care of without the lines or fighting for a table. :)

Dennis

Thank you for this suggestion! A great option if the MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day (we do have a RC reserved.)

Can you make a lunch out of the food in Neptune Lounge? I want to avoid Lido on embarkation day and am wondering if Neptune Lounge is a viable option, if MDR is closed.

There will be quite a lot of small appetizers available if you are a Neptune/Pinnacle Suite passenger.

Explorations Cafe near the Crows Nest Deck 10 serves free sandwiches and pastries. Beverages have an extra charge.
Seriously// people acxtually go gthrere and r recxommend t it as a place for lunch?f IT IS A PLACE FOR A COFFEE, A COOKIE, a muffin........... YES, THEY HAVE SOMETHING THAT COULD BE CALLED SANDWICH BUT WhOa..... THaT is not quite satisfqctory TO BE recommended for embarkartiontion day lunch. IMO

Seriously// people acxtually go gthrere and r recxommend t it as a place for lunch?f IT IS A PLACE FOR A COFFEE, A COOKIE, a muffin........... YES, THEY HAVE SOMETHING THAT COULD BE CALLED SANDWICH BUT WhOa..... THaT is not quite satisfqctory TO BE recommended for embarkartiontion day lunch. IMO

90% of the time, a coffee and a muffin is what I have for lunch when I'm not cruising. I don't find the poster's information to rate a sarcastic " seriously". I'm sure it would be helpful to some. It's all about choices and what appeals to the individual.

If you reserved a Retreat Cabana go straight there. The stewards will make sure you are taken care of without the lines or fighting for a table. :)

Dennis

That is good to know. We have our first retreat cabana booked for our upcoming cruise so we may take advantage of this option if the Lido is crowded.

Can you make a lunch out of the food in Neptune Lounge? I want to avoid Lido on embarkation day and am wondering if Neptune Lounge is a viable option, if MDR is closed.

If you are not a big eater, definitely. They have some nice wraps which we have done for lunch in the past (small size) and other munchies. Alternatively, if you like more you can satisfy yourself there for the time being and go to the Lido when it is less busy and enjoy a salad, the Dive In, whatever suits you.

the continental breakfast and lunch options are usually a very nice selection in the NL :)

It will bew a light lunch. Small, sanwichess that vary bvvy day and are not particularly hearty. Some cut up fruit . Some cheese, c rackers, sweets.

We have done that a couple of times. It was really lovely, to enjoy the nibbles and our balcony as soon as we boarded. It is a "light lunch" but the afternoon nibbles are set out around 3ish pm, if I recall correctly, so it is easy to eat a bit more then :)

Since the OP did not ask for a recommendation but rather an out-of-the-way place for lunch, I provided what was requested.

IMHO and personal recommendation for lunch on Embarkation Day would be a pass through the Lido Market for a salad, stop at the Asian Station, grab some utensils, and dine on your verandah.

Here are three of the possibilities available at the Explorations Cafe and no problem asking for more than one:

IMG_0412-Large.jpg

IMG_0413-Large.jpg

IMG_0708-Large.jpg

And don't forget a giant chocolate chip cookie, or two, for dessert

Edited by Crew News