Pacific Eden overnight stay at White Bay

Yesterday afternoon Pacific Eden was ready to sail out at 5pm with the Pilot boat and tug boats around her, but she is still moored at White Bay this morning at 7am. Does anyone know what is happening.... does the ship have a problem?

Yesterday afternoon Pacific Eden was ready to sail out at 5pm with the Pilot boat and tug boats around her, but she is still moored at White Bay this morning at 7am. Does anyone know what is happening.... does the ship have a problem?

I wonder what it would have been. Mechanical issues are the most logical explanation as a medical issue wouldn't hold the ship up all night.

Apparently an electrical issue, based on what I've read on their social media page. Some unhappy campers onboard, understandably.

Quite the contrast with the latest and greatest marvel of Ovation of the Seas just a few hundred metres away at OPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tazza_0712

Apparently an electrical issue, based on what I've read on their social media page. Some unhappy campers onboard, understandably.

Quite the contrast with the latest and greatest marvel of Ovation of the Seas just a few hundred metres away at OPT.

When this ship was Statendam, it was known for having gremlins like this. Seems like the massive dry dock didn't resolve the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Huge contrast, shame for the passengers.

and its only a 4 day cruise to Tangalooma.....Compensation looming?

(still there when I checked the AIS just now.)

And given the weather in Sydney today the passengers are probably even more unhappy.

I hope the bars are well-stocked. ;)

They will probably have to stay on board so tjat as soon as whatever it is that is wrong get fixed , they can get away.

Trust they have lots of trivia questions up their sleeves..:D

I hope this is not a rerun of the Pacific Sky saga.:eek:

reports on social media that passengers have been offered full refund & that the ship is due to depart later today for 3N in place of 4N cruise - well they will have had 4 nights, just the first one was at White Bay!

also postings that some have left the ship & are headed home. Maybe they were totally fed up or didn't understand the reported offer of full refund plus a cruise??

Not good from all perspectives.

reports on social media that passengers have been offered full refund & that the ship is due to depart later today for 3N in place of 4N cruise - well they will have had 4 nights, just the first one was at White Bay!

also postings that some have left the ship & are headed home. Maybe they were totally fed up or didn't understand the reported offer of full refund plus a cruise??

Not good from all perspectives.

Thats a very generous compensation package from Carnival..:):)

They will probably have to stay on board so tjat as soon as whatever it is that is wrong get fixed , they can get away.

Trust they have lots of trivia questions up their sleeves..:D

I hope this is not a rerun of the Pacific Sky saga.:eek:

You are probably right, They will want the issue fixed quick smart.:D

That's really generous just for one night's delay.

I can understand need for compensation, but a full refund plus the cruise seems ridiculously generous!

I suppose the fact they are not getting to Moreton Island now is the main reason for the compensation. Good will is generous but appropriate IMO.:D

That's really generous just for one night's delay.

I can understand need for compensation, but a full refund plus the cruise seems ridiculously generous!

Even with the full refund there are still people on social media that are complaining.

And so it goes on, the old worn out ships come to OZ, because most Aussies no complain.

Time to take the whole P&O Australia fleet to the breaker's yard, Sun/Sea/Dawn Princesses won't be far behind. Give us 10 new builds Mr Carnival Corp.