Youngest Self Made Pinnacles (Non Inherited)?

Garavar

Absolutely amazing as it might actually seem there are people around who might just say that anybody who has spent that much time on a cruise ship needs to actually visit someplace besides Labadee.

Whats wrong with Labadee?

Love the place.

Safe travels

We may all have our opinion of what constitutes self made, but Crown & Anchor's policy is what really matters.

In this instance the op posting the original question is the only thing that matters in answering it I guess. It doesn't matter what rccls policy is if op was specifically asking about people that booked their own cruises. I know Im curious as to the youngest person that is pc that did not inherit any points from their spouse and weren't booked on cruises as a minor. I think that under 30 with those parameters would be quite an accomplishment! And indeed self made!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by luckyprincess

In this instance the op posting the original question is the only thing that matters in answering it I guess. It doesn't matter what rccls policy is if op was specifically asking about people that booked their own cruises. I know Im curious as to the youngest person that is pc that did not inherit any points from their spouse and weren't booked on cruises as a minor. I think that under 30 with those parameters would be quite an accomplishment! And indeed self made!

Much of the confusion and disagreement in this thread comes from the fact that that the OP just said "self made". They didn't originally state on cruises that they had paid for themselves.

There have been a multitude of threads on these boards regarding minors that inherit their parents D+ status and only have 30 points and refer to "self made" as those that have taken the cruises and earned the points themselves with their points being "paid" points as opposed to inherited points without concerning themselves "who" paid for the cruise.

Neither way is better than the other of looking at it, just different.

You're probably not a minority. We've sailed the most with Royal but tend to want to branch out and have resigned ourselves to not getting there. We've done Princess and a little Carnival, found a second home with Celebrity but we also want to try NCL and maybe MSC.

We started out with most everyone but Royal. Finally settled on Royal since we wanted to cruise out of PC. 3 choices, Royal, Di$ney, Carnival. Had Princess had a ship in PC we probably would have gone with them.

Just curious, do you spend most of your time at Barefoot Beach?

Funny you should ask.

We went to barefoot beach before it became a walled off suite beach, when we did our first RCI sailing on Mariner of the seas circa 8 ish years ago.

We just happened upon it after I stubbed a toe on a rock at Adrenaline Beach. I wanted to leave the area then we found barefoot beach.

Then on our first Freedom sailing in a suite, we saw it became a suite beach.

We love walking along this areas paths, and still find new stuff to do on Caribbean ports.

So we book our cruises that go here.

In fact our Eastern Allure sailing this past summer went to Labadee:rolleyes:

Not ready for Alaska or Hawaii cruises, been to Hawaii 8 times, and Alaska, well some day I hope.

And not ready to fly across the pond to do a cruise there.

Just saying.

Funny you should ask.

We went to barefoot beach before it became a walled off suite beach, when we did our first RCI sailing on Mariner of the seas circa 8 ish years ago.

We just happened upon it after I stubbed a toe on a rock at Adrenaline Beach. I wanted to leave the area then we found barefoot beach.

Then on our first Freedom sailing in a suite, we saw it became a suite beach.

Cute story, what are the chances it was 5/4/2008? If we don't count Nordic Empress (hated it) in 2002, Mariner was the beginning of our Royal journey. Laura was on a B3B and I met up with her for the final leg.

So, what is the average age of PC members?? My brother and Sister in Law will make PC in April and they are around 54 ish. Is that young for a PC. They did it mostly the hard way by booking those cheap last minute fares. Now they seldom travel less than a JS (2x)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, what is the average age of PC members?? My brother and Sister in Law will make PC in April and they are around 54 ish. Is that young for a PC. They did it mostly the hard way by booking those cheap last minute fares. Now they seldom travel less than a JS (2x)

LOL, if that's the "hard way" what is the easy way?

LOL, if that's the "hard way" what is the easy way?

No easy way.... she works from the ship.

I was just saying, back in the early days, we locals to PC used to get those Thursday emails that cabins were $99-$199 for a 3 night cruise. They took them all..... they were much younger then... I think an Interior Cabin is the hardway...

We only travel now in full Suites... GS+... but that is ok, that is what we like to do.

Firstly pinnacle is the only status that cannot be inherited and has to be earned.

That said DD is halfway there in her own right and just turned 15. Her goal is to make it by 18:D

(Told her to get a job!;))

Love it - 'told her to get a job!' :D

No easy way.... she works from the ship.

I was just saying, back in the early days, we locals to PC used to get those Thursday emails that cabins were $99-$199 for a 3 night cruise. They took them all..... they were much younger then... I think an Interior Cabin is the hardway...

We only travel now in full Suites... GS+... but that is ok, that is what we like to do.

We all look at things differently. To me, the easy way is to live near the port and take advantage of last-minute deals. The hard way is to have to fly to a port, entailing extra money for flights and hotels. Having done both, it's my opinion that it's much easier to "grab-and-go."

We all look at things differently. To me, the easy way is to live near the port and take advantage of last-minute deals. The hard way is to have to fly to a port, entailing extra money for flights and hotels. Having done both, it's my opinion that it's much easier to "grab-and-go."

I don't think I've ever done anything the easy way. [emoji15] [emoji38]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Since moving to Cocoa Beach full time, we have only done one true last minute sail. Easter 2015 on Enchantment and paid through the nose. Booked 5 days before sailing. I'm thinking it was $500 pp for a deck 3 OV. 😱. 3 day cruise.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

Just got off Oasis yesterday. There were 12 pinnacles sailing. 112 D+members. Our group was over 10% of the D+. Just for kicks we counted up the D+ members in our party under 25 with more than 175 points on their own. Then asked the kids about their friends that were on the ship (not in our group) and also D+ ON their own with their owns point total. They ran into friends from school, home and many past Christmas cruises. Being from GA, and FL, they run into lots of people they already know.

You would be surprised at how many young D+ members there are with over 175. While they may not pay for the cruises themselves, they do earn the points. I keep reading that people are assuming that most kids that are D+, are only D+ from inheriting it. That just is not the case! They cruise as a family and the kids do have the points! I heard too many Diamond members in the club saying the young adults should not be there. Like it is a club for older people only.

This cruise was the first time I heard people actually complaining about the age in the lounge being too young and they did not belong. The young adults were also well behaved. There were very few kids! I just don't get it...

This cruise was also the first time I heard people in the lounge checking that others were Diamond like them... I was actually asked by other guests about my status. WHY?

Edited by dasi11

Just got off Oasis yesterday.

This cruise was also the first time I heard people in the lounge checking that others were Diamond like them... I was actually asked by other guests about my status. WHY?

Because the STATUS is very important to some. At least they didn't ask you what you do for a living....[emoji848][emoji15]

Edited by troykahack

Just got off Oasis yesterday. There were 12 pinnacles sailing. 112 D+members. Our group was over 10% of the D+. Just for kicks we counted up the D+ members in our party under 25 with more than 175 points on their own. Then asked the kids about their friends that were on the ship (not in our group) and also D+ ON their own with their owns point total. They ran into friends from school, home and many past Christmas cruises. Being from GA, and FL, they run into lots of people they already know.

You would be surprised at how many young D+ members there are with over 175. While they may not pay for the cruises themselves, they do earn the points. I keep reading that people are assuming that most kids that are D+, are only D+ from inheriting it. That just is not the case! They cruise as a family and the kids do have the points! I heard too many Diamond members in the club saying the young adults should not be there. Like it is a club for older people only.

This cruise was the first time I heard people actually complaining about the age in the lounge being too young and they did not belong. The young adults were also well behaved. There were very few kids! I just don't get it...

So, how many of the young D+'s were cruising on their own dime? I'm just curious how many of them will continue cruising often once mummy and daddy quit paying for them

LOL I have to agree with you.

Though i don't think there is a "hard way" to earn cruise status, since it all invovles getting to be on cruises :D

Agreed. I know I will never make to it Diamond Plus from Diamond. I throw in flying and paying solo rates!

How many points are needed for diamond? Im afraid I dont pay a lot of attention to it! How many points do you get per sailing night?

1 point per night in a balcony cabin or below. 2 points per night in a Junior Suite or above. An extra point per night in either for cruising solo. (as long as it is not designated as a "solo" cabin)

DD and I were just having a discussion about this. She is almost D+, on nights she's sailed. We joke that neither of us is allowed to sail without the other. Wouldn't want an unbalance in points. Just trying to decide if we really care about getting to D+... is it worth the effort? We could easily do it this year, but if we're not feeling it, may decide to do destination trips instead.

So, how many of the young D+'s were cruising on their own dime? I'm just curious how many of them will continue cruising often once mummy and daddy quit paying for them

My three kids are 20-26 right now and they all have purchased their own cruises and done spring break cruises with their own earned money! They have done at least 1-2 a year on their own with their OWN earned money! They all have over 175 points. My oldest has paid for 40+ points himself. My other son has paid for about 30 points himself with his own earned money. My daughter has only paid for 7. She still holds 2 jobs and is in school full time. I don't understand the point you are trying to make?

The Holiday cruises we take are a gift for the holidays every year from my father in law. He wants the family all together so the holiday cruise has worked well for the last 15 years.

Edited by dasi11

I don't understand why this is such a touchy subject.

Your status is your status, your points are your points.

There are many ways to reach Pinnacle.

Many of us just want to know the youngest "self made" Pinnacle, not the 7 year old little girl who is home schooled and travels a lot with her parents.

You have to be 21 to book a cruise. If you are 18, 19, or 20 and share a room with a 21 year old and pay for half your cabin on your own, well that is self made too, as an adult.

There was a young couple posting on here a few pages back that were , I believe 34 and said they did not inherit any points, They became Pinnacle on their own dime. So far they seem to be the youngest who have posted on this thread.

That is quite an accomplishment as most are well over 50, or 60, even older.