New Specialty Dining Packages

kathynorth

We are cruising on the Equinox this May and are very sad to learn that the Ultimate Dining Package is being phased out. Can anyone who has recently been on the Equinox confirm that the UDP is no longer available? Our cruise planner shows that we can book specialty dining for all nights of our trip precruise. Do you know if these packages will be available for booking on embarkation day so we can pay with OBC?

We are cruising on the Equinox this May and are very sad to learn that the Ultimate Dining Package is being phased out. Can anyone who has recently been on the Equinox confirm that the UDP is no longer available? Our cruise planner shows that we can book specialty dining for all nights of our trip precruise. Do you know if these packages will be available for booking on embarkation day so we can pay with OBC?

The new pkgs take effect Jan 1st. We just got off the Reflection a couple of weeks ago and had a great time and loved the ship. We ate in 4 of the restaurants and they were all great. I booked the same ship on a 10 day southern next Dec and I am already looking at the pkgs. I found it was best to book as soon as you can because a lot of the good times to eat are gone by sailing time. I did not buy the 4 or 5 pkgs or spec. pkgs because they would only let you pick night 1 or 2 and the rest when you board. I knew if we did that all the goods time spots would be gone. I booked 4 months out one by one and got what I wanted on each venue. I payed about $80 more but it worked out great for us. The new pkgs deals are working out the same way from what I see. Also, the first night they offered 30% off on any venue on that night. Have a great time and feel free to ask me anything else if need be! Bob

From all reports the UDP is gone on all ships. We have never purchased a dining package preferring to book on the ship on the night we want to eat in a speciality restaurant. We have always gotten discounts so it will be interesting to see how that goes with the various dining packages.

We don't normally do a lot of specialty dining on cruises but for our upcoming Equinox cruise January 2nd our traveling companions really wanted to. When i called for the three night package it was sold out so we purchased four. We were given a reservation for the first night and told we will need to make the remaining ones on board. I hope we can get reasonable times because we really don't like to eat past 7:00pm if that.

Also, we're in Concierge and I was thinking I read something about one of the benefits being priority dining reservations......does this apply to specialty dining?

We don't normally do a lot of specialty dining on cruises but for our upcoming Equinox cruise January 2nd our traveling companions really wanted to. When i called for the three night package it was sold out so we purchased four. We were given a reservation for the first night and told we will need to make the remaining ones on board. I hope we can get reasonable times because we really don't like to eat past 7:00pm if that.

Also, we're in Concierge and I was thinking I read something about one of the benefits being priority dining reservations......does this apply to specialty dining?

Good morning.....not sure where you read about priority for Concierge,,,,?

been in that class of category many times and I don't recall any dining

benefits.

Good morning.....not sure where you read about priority for Concierge,,,,?

been in that class of category many times and I don't recall any dining

benefits.

One of the perks listed under concierge class is "priority restaurant seating". Not sure if that is referring to main dining room or specialty restaurant.

One of the perks listed under concierge class is "priority restaurant seating". Not sure if that is referring to main dining room or specialty restaurant.

I guess we'll find out. Since we have traditional dining early seating I guess it wouldn't be much of a perk if only for the dining room.

I guess we'll find out. Since we have traditional dining early seating I guess it wouldn't be much of a perk if only for the dining room.

I looked on X's website and for all Suite Class cabins it states "Main and Specialty restaurant seating preferences" as a Suite Class amenity.

Edited by galensgrl

I have booked Concierge many times, and have never found this supposed 'perk' to be worth anything. In the main dining room, we have been assigned good tables, and awful tables (location-wise). When we went to change the awful tables, we had limited success and neither our Concierge 'status' nor our Elite Plus status (mentioned only to advise it was no use:)) didn't help us at all. Can't speak to how/if it helps in Specialty dining but I seriously doubt it. IMHO another 'perk' that is in name only.

Hi again, I have no clue and after many years of cruising with Celebrity

I have no idea what priority restaurant seating they are talking about.

If you need something special I would suggest speaking with the Maitr'd.

Here is what celebrity shows under concierge Class stateroom. Under dining it states main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences. . Hope this helps the op

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

•NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• Priority check-in

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

• Exclusive pre-departure lounge

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

• Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Amenities

•Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work

Unquote

Edited by retird

Hi - we've had UDP our last 3 cruises. I was 'shopping' the specialty dining pkgs yesterday and saw the new offers of multi-night pkg discounts. They average low-$30s price per dinner, more than the former UDP at $29 pp per day.

It says your first use will be set for night 1 or 2, then you make your other night times onboard. OTOH, favorably, apparently you are able to do repeats (not specified quota) at your preferred venues, reservation space/times permitting.

The big negative vs. UDP is loss of included 'specialty' lunches - UDP included meals at Bistro/Sushi-5 and Porch and 1-2 specialty lunches (depending on cruise length).

Would probably have bought 4-5 night pkg for our April trip but for first time are trying suite with Luminae dining. Will be doing comparison dining review afterwards against our recent first-time Oceania Riviera dining.

HAPPY CRUISING

From all reports the UDP is gone on all ships. We have never purchased a dining package preferring to book on the ship on the night we want to eat in a speciality restaurant. We have always gotten discounts so it will be interesting to see how that goes with the various dining packages.

We just got of the Equinox last week. Murano was completely booked and no discounts were offered, except Silk Harvest.

We just got of the Equinox last week. Murano was completely booked and no discounts were offered, except Silk Harvest.

Hello Isabella, do you know if they were selling the multi-night packages onboard the ship? We booked UDP in the past, which was only sold onboard. I want to be sure that this will still be available if we don't book ahead of time.

We were just on the Eclipse, 10 nights. The UDP package wasn't available so I bought a 10 day dinner package for $28.00 per dinner including 1 free lunch

rozen, I appreciate your response! I wasn't expecting a free lunch, although these were previously included in the UDP. Did you have a choice of when to use the lunch or was it choose 1 on the last sea day? The $28 is the same rate for a 10 day cruise if pre-purchased. I think I'll take the chance and wait until I board so I can use OBC.

Count me in as someone who is very disappointed to see the Ultimate package go. We were hoping to use it for lunches as well as the champagne tea at Murano.

I'm sure I'll still buy something but it won't be a ten night package now, so I see it costing Celebrity money. How many people actually want to eat every single night at a specialty restaurant and were willing to pay for it? What was the harm in giving those people a few extras?

I think this might be a move to be more like their sister line Royal. We have done Royal's 4 night dining packages on our last 2 cruises. What happens is they book you for the first night in one of the restaurants and then you book on-board the other nights you want. If you don't like the restaurant they chose for the first night, you can usually move it to a different one. When we did Anthem in October, I went to Wonderland which was our scheduled first night and changed our time earlier. (When I booked the dining package online the first available time was 8:30pm). Then we went over to Jamie's and booked, then went to the steakhouse and booked. We left our last night open and booked Jamie's again later in the week. If you chose an a la carte restaurant, there's a sushi place on Anthem, you get a $15 or $20 credit per person and the wait-staff is really good at helping you out to figure out what you can get.

On royal, you can buy the package on-board using OBC. I would think you could do the same on Celebrity.

Also, we never had an issue getting the time we wanted (between 7 & 8pm) for 2

Edited by hansolosmom

In the past, you could buy a multi night dinner package when you board at a further discounted price versus doing this before embarkation day. Is there any indication that Celebrity will still offer this as of January 1st? Also, if you buy on embarkation day will they still require you to do day 1 of the specialty dining on either day 1 or day 2 of the cruise?