Would you upgrade from GS to OS for $45 per day?

bertrande

We are sailing an Asian sailing of Ovation (hence the Royal Suite Class will probably not apply, although RCL materials are unclear) next year and had booked a GS. We now have the option of upgrading to an OS for an additional $45 per person per day. This is a 4 night sailing. We have an additional $75 OBC if we take the upgrade. Is this an amount you would be willing to pay for a larger room, a second TV and a half bath? We will be on the ship most of the time if that helps in the consideration (this is not a port intensive cruise). We have done Grand Suites on the Voyager class but never the Quantum class and we have never done an OS before on any ship.

Thanks in advance!

I would [emoji1]. For two people, that is only $360 more - that sounds reasonable to me to get the additional space.

For 2 people; no.

Sorry, just to clarify, we are actually a party of 5 so while the additional cost is a bit more than $360 (:)), the appreciation of having more space also goes up correspondingly.

Sorry, just to clarify, we are actually a party of 5 so while the additional cost is a bit more than $360 (:)), the appreciation of having more space also goes up correspondingly.

I did not think you could put 5 people in a GS. We travel with 3 - my wife, my son (7), and myself, and I find the GS almost too small for us...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not think you could put 5 people in a GS. We travel with 3 - my wife, my son (7), and myself, and I find the GS almost too small for us...lol.

We have a baby under the age of 2. RCL usually does allow 5 in a cabin if the youngest is not over the age of 2, once past that age, the maximum occupancy kicks in. We are travelling with 3 adults, a pre-schooler and the toddler. We are ok with the space in a GS but more space definitely wouldn't hurt...at the right price. :cool:

We have a baby under the age of 2. RCL usually does allow 5 in a cabin if the youngest is not over the age of 2, once past that age, the maximum occupancy kicks in. We are travelling with 3 adults, a pre-schooler and the toddler. We are ok with the space in a GS but more space definitely wouldn't hurt...at the right price. :cool:

Gotcha - well, that brings upgrade up to $900. Are any of the RFS's still available? It might be worth it to just upgrade to the 2 bedroom cabins.

I would , like having the 2nd bathroom

Yes, I would. Five people in a GS would be very hard to do but the extra space in the OS would be worth it.

Thanks, George C and Colorado Babe!

Gotcha - well, that brings upgrade up to $900. Are any of the RFS's still available? It might be worth it to just upgrade to the 2 bedroom cabins.

Yes we have been asking our TA ever so often if the RFSs have become available (can't check for availability on the website) - unfortunately the answer is still the same even though we are past final payment. We would have gone with that in a heartbeat if it had popped up - sailed in an RFS on the Harmony and really loved it.

You plan to put 5 in a GS.... even that will be a bit crowded.

You get the tub and shower in OS and not sure about Star Class on Asian sailings, but if you do, it would be crazy not too....

After staying in both types, I definitely upgrade to the OS with that number of people, you will love the extra space.

Thanks, I am starting to lean towards the upgrade.

Go for it! We stayed in an OS on Anthem and loved it! And with 5 people you will really enjoy the extra space and half bath.

I think we will too. Only problem is being spoilt for future cruises LOL.

Well if you are thinking about it that means you can afford it so like some of the others I would say go for it but only because it's so many of you. If it was just 2 of you then I would say no way.

Thank you - we can afford the upgrade but with four cruises planned next year, we also want to maximise the buck as far as possible. Would book a JS max if there were only two of us.

You plan to put 5 in a GS.... even that will be a bit crowded.

You get the tub and shower in OS and not sure about Star Class on Asian sailings, but if you do, it would be crazy not too....

Thank you - we did the GS on the Mariner a few weeks ago and while there wasn't a ton of space for five (especially once we had the sofa bed out all day so baby could sleep as and when), it was manageable. But come the April sailing, both kids would be a little older and the younger one more mobile, which got me thinking about upgrading to the OS. Both the OS and GS are in Sky class so no difference in perks, although but I don't think the system is in place for the Singapore sailings before China anyway (the printed literature is inconsistent and RCL reps tell us different things each time so we are assuming it is not on).

I'd get as much space as possible for 5 people in a stateroom.

Thank you - I have twelve hours to think about it before my TA opens for business!

the baby will love the bidet

57e083150e2fb74d8b1e3a069c063c84.jpg

This cracked me up. So cute, thanks for chasing away the work blues.

so true..... Not a fan but i got one for so birthday this year and now loves it. It is actually a toto.... Works almost the same way but has fan and heated seat (water is warmed too). I have my own bathroom.

...tmi

Edited by davekathy

You guys are cracking me up. I've seen some threads go sideways butt this one has gone down the toilet fast. ;o)

Probably, but my original post, #16, was an honest assessment of the differences between an OS and a GS. A bidet would be great for someone travelling with an infant. OS has them, GS does not. ;)