Loyalty match

MeCruise2

Across RCCL you're supposed to have "Equivalent Recognition" among Crown and Anchor, Captains Club or Le Club Voyage (Azamara). Call the Captain's Club at Celebrity and give the your C&A status and number and they should set you up to match the status.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Across RCCL you're supposed to have "Equivalent Recognition" among Crown and Anchor, Captains Club or Le Club Voyage (Azamara). Call the Captain's Club at Celebrity and give the your C&A status and number and they should set you up to match the status.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not quite the match is limited e.g. Zeniths don't get pinnacle benefits on RCI unless that has changed

So Celebrity said that starting Jan 2017, you will receive equal status. So in Pinnacle with Royal... Does that mean I will now be Zenith instead of Elite Preferred?
Starting in 2017? Source please.

For quite some time Celebrity and RCI have matched status starting at Platinum / Select and going ONLY through Diamond / Elite. Higher level status has NOT been matched. As I write this the C&A webpage (and we know that is always up-to-date:rolleyes:) still states in Footnote 18:

Equivalent Recognition is a program that offers Crown and Anchor, Captain's Club, and Le Club Voyage loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of the three brands – both pre-cruise and onboard with matching tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system for Crown & Anchor Society. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits. Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. The benefits of the Captain’s Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage will stay independent and not be combined. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Platinum and Emerald levels will be equivalent to Select in Celebrity Cruise's Captain's Club and Explorer in Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise's Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises' Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. Gold and Pinnacle Club membership status in Crown & Anchor Society are not part of this benefit. Pinnacle Club membership tier level can only be obtained through earning the appropriate number of Cruise Points on Royal Caribbean ships

Although through sailings (not reciprocity) I am Diamond Plus, Elite Plus and Discoverer Plus, I am unfamiliar with the category Elite Preferred.

Starting in 2017? Source please.

For quite some time Celebrity and RCI have matched status starting at Platinum / Select and going ONLY through Diamond / Elite. Higher level status has NOT been matched. As I write this the C&A webpage (and we know that is always up-to-date:rolleyes:) still states in Footnote 18:

Equivalent Recognition is a program that offers Crown and Anchor, Captain's Club, and Le Club Voyage loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of the three brands – both pre-cruise and onboard with matching tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system for Crown & Anchor Society. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits. Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. The benefits of the Captain’s Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage will stay independent and not be combined. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Platinum and Emerald levels will be equivalent to Select in Celebrity Cruise's Captain's Club and Explorer in Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise's Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises' Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. Gold and Pinnacle Club membership status in Crown & Anchor Society are not part of this benefit. Pinnacle Club membership tier level can only be obtained through earning the appropriate number of Cruise Points on Royal Caribbean ships

Although through sailings (not reciprocity) I am Diamond Plus, Elite Plus and Discoverer Plus, I am unfamiliar with the category Elite Preferred.

Celebrity's web site has not changed, there is still the chart which shows the highest you can achieve by transferring over the C@A membership is Elite. Appears to be no change.

There is no elite preferred. There is elite plus, also sometimes written elite+ but there's no level called elite preferred. And as stated, the reciprocity is not complete at the higher levels. Pinnacle does not become Zenith, nor the other way around. The OP needs to come back and tell us where he or she learned that this would change in 2017.

For what its worth, in a practical sense there is little difference between Elite + and Elite. As Elite + we do get a few different coupons (like 10% off a Drink Package purchased on the ship) and perhaps some extra cappuccino, but that is about it!. We are sometimes amazed when we hear of folks trying to snag a few extra points so they can get to Elite+. Its really not worth the trouble.

Hank

For what its worth, in a practical sense there is little difference between Elite + and Elite. As Elite + we do get a few different coupons (like 10% off a Drink Package purchased on the ship) and perhaps some extra cappuccino, but that is about it!. We are sometimes amazed when we hear of folks trying to snag a few extra points so they can get to Elite+. Its really not worth the trouble.

Hank

extra laundries are nice as are 240 minutes of internet pp so we don't need the unlimited internet package. Last cruise they applied that 10% discount when I upgraded from classic to premium onboard.

extra laundries are nice as are 240 minutes of internet pp so we don't need the unlimited internet package. Last cruise they applied that 10% discount when I upgraded from classic to premium onboard.

Did you upgrade at a bar or with Guest Services? Reason I asked is we have been told by the Captains Club that the 10% discount doesn't apply to upgrades.

Did you upgrade at a bar or with Guest Services? Reason I asked is we have been told by the Captains Club that the 10% discount doesn't apply to upgrades.

I thought that also...but on the equinox a couple of weeks ago, I upgraded at a bar...they just put the number of days for the upgrade on the slip I signed and when I checked, someone gave me the 10% discount on the upgrade.

• 1 year later...

Crown & Anchor Society

s.gif

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club?s.gif

A: As a benefit of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in the Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club. If you are currently a member of both loyalty programmes, you will automatically receive benefits based on your highest membership level of the two. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club. And if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member. The benefits of the two programmes will remain independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the cruise credit for the brand you are sailing with as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty programme.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises, call the Loyalty Service Centre on 0844 493 5010 to enrol in equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise holiday to receive all the benefits you deserve.

Crown & Anchor Society

s.gif

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club?s.gif

A: As a benefit of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in the Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club. If you are currently a member of both loyalty programmes, you will automatically receive benefits based on your highest membership level of the two. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club. And if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member. The benefits of the two programmes will remain independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the cruise credit for the brand you are sailing with as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty programme.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises, call the Loyalty Service Centre on 0844 493 5010 to enrol in equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise holiday to receive all the benefits you deserve.

This thread is a year and a half old. Why post this?

Is it possible that some people can’t see the dates on postings and that’s why zombie threads are revived?

Maybe but someone would have to search for this particular subject to be the first poster after a long time. The thread would be so far back someone wouldn't just see it and not notice.

I have often wondered about these "zombie" threads -- I know that when I see a post, I also see when it was posted. This is true whether I view them on my laptop or my iPad. But is it possible that on some platform this data is missing?

Or, is it possible that people just don't pay attention to the date of the previous posts in a thread. They do a search about a topic, the thread pops up and they post without regard to the date the of the previous post.

Or, it is possible that they are merely trying to be disruptive?

I have often wondered about these "zombie" threads -- I know that when I see a post, I also see when it was posted. This is true whether I view them on my laptop or my iPad. But is it possible that on some platform this data is missing?

Or, is it possible that people just don't pay attention to the date of the previous posts in a thread. They do a search about a topic, the thread pops up and they post without regard to the date the of the previous post.

Or, it is possible that they are merely trying to be disruptive?

When I view the Cruise Critic website on my phone, tablet or computer I see the dates of posts. When I view a post using the Cruise Critic App the dates don't show up.