HAL Shuttle To MIA

Tiggipaws

If you pre-book the transfer it counts as part of your fare---which is to say, counts not at all.

If you book on board from Shore Excursions, then the amount will count as an on-board expense, and therefore count toward your Mariner Days. Could make the difference to the next $300/1 Mariner Day increment!

The prices you have been given are from Port Everglades to FLL, or from POM to MIA. Since you are debarking in FLL and flying from MIA, it will be a lot more...EM

That's what I figured. It sounded too good to be true. I just used one of those estimator sites, and it told me $100 from Port Everglades to MIA, so I'll stick with our usual car service. (And, if someone should wish to walk that route, it is estimated to take 14 hours, 10 minutes, and burn 3541 calories.)

If you pre-book the transfer it counts as part of your fare---which is to say, counts not at all.

If you book on board from Shore Excursions, then the amount will count as an on-board expense, and therefore count toward your Mariner Days. Could make the difference to the next $300/1 Mariner Day increment!

Does this pertain to ANY shore excursion pre booked online? What about drink packages? If that is the case I just lost 5 days.

When I booked it had a spot ( I think ) to add transfers to my cruise fares. Then after my booking it also has transfers listed under excursions for FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by IndyDenise

Does this pertain to ANY shore excursion pre booked online? What about drink packages? If that is the case I just lost 5 days.

When I booked it had a spot ( I think ) to add transfers to my cruise fares. Then after my booking it also has transfers listed under excursions for FL.

Expenses attached to your on-board account, whether booked in advance or on board, count toward Mariner Days. Expenses attached to your cruise fare do not.

So, your shore excursions and drink packages are part of your on-board expenses, and count toward Mariner Days.

The discussed transfer would not be a "shore excursion" if booked in advance; it would be part of the cruise fare.

• 3 months later...

Just one more question on transfers from Port Everglades to Miami airport. I see that there are tours and the transfer. Does HAL do JUST the transfer? It seems our flight is too early to take advantage of the tour/transfer combo.:(

Just one more question on transfers from Port Everglades to Miami airport. I see that there are tours and the transfer. Does HAL do JUST the transfer? It seems our flight is too early to take advantage of the tour/transfer combo.:(

There are shuttles galore. Check the port of call boards. I'd be inclined to book something van sized so we didn't have to wait for a bus to fill.

That's what I figured. It sounded too good to be true. I just used one of those estimator sites, and it told me $100 from Port Everglades to MIA, so I'll stick with our usual car service. (And, if someone should wish to walk that route, it is estimated to take 14 hours, 10 minutes, and burn 3541 calories.)

Uber X (works great for 2 with luggage) will charge no more then $47 for a private car from Port Everglades to MIA. Most of the time the cost will be closer to $40.

Hank

We are not people that take the ship's Excursions. However we had a late flight out of Miami and took the post cruise excursion of the city. We had a wonderful time. Toured Little Havana, South Beach, an artsy area, etc. Have to say it was a great way to end our cruise. Only complaint was that they dropped us off at kind of a remote place at the airport and it was quite a hike with lots if luggage.

We booked an Uber from FLL to MIA for 38$ and had a day room in the Martinez hotel in Miami Beach with direct access to the beach and a very nice pool area at the hotel. Great way of spending the day with a late flight from Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums