Free Room Service in Mini Suite?

KillaFee

Hi! Long time cruiser, first time NCL cruiser. We are going on the Breakaway on 5/7 and have booked a family mini suite. Does this category include complimentary room service or is there a surcharge?

Thanks!!!

Laura

Hi! Long time cruiser, first time NCL cruiser. We are going on the Breakaway on 5/7 and have booked a family mini suite. Does this category include complimentary room service or is there a surcharge?

Thanks!!!

Laura

NCL uses unfortunate terminology with respect to the "Mini Suite".

It has NONE of the "suite" perks.

It's best to think of the NCL mini suite as a "Deluxe Balcony".

You can look at the deck plans and cabin floor plans to see precisely how the "mini suite" cabin differs from a "balcony" cabin on the ships.

Well, to try to sound positive (tongue-in-cheek :D) all guests still get "free" continental breakfast (from the "select/special" menu) items delivered free in the morning, 6:30 AM to 10 AM, except on the morning of disembarkation (as I recall :p) "Cold" items like coffee, juice, milk, pastries. Tipping directly to the delivery person is customary or expected, not required, as a matter of tradition.

For hot breakfast items, etc. - the $7.95 charge (currently priced, subject to change without advance notice) apply - as are Room Service at other hours, regardless of how little or how much you are ordering.

These rules are, as always, subject to change onboard ... notices are typically posted but not always consistently. I just noticed that for O'Sheehan's - those "assorted" deluxe English tea bags are supposed to carry a $1.95 charge + 18% whereas they have been provided free & available in the open upstairs in the Garden Cafe (buffet) at all times - BYO or ...

As others said, Mini-Suites are really slightly larger Balconies that's a little roomier and does not come with a shared butler and concierge ... those in full Suites do, typically at an even higher price point. Enjoy your cruise ;)

Hi,

There is no charge for room service in any category. But I always tip the server a couple of bucks.

Been on the Breakaway twice. BIG ship! You'll love it.

Bon Voyage,

Cruiserbill1026

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Forums mobile app

When did you last sail? The room service charge was introduced in late 2015.

Edited by KeithJenner

Hi,

There is no charge for room service in any category. But I always tip the server a couple of bucks.

Been on the Breakaway twice. BIG ship! You'll love it.

Bon Voyage,

Cruiserbill1026

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Forums mobile app

This is incorrect!!!

There is a $7.95 room service charge per delivery for Room service, except the complimentary continental breakfast. There are different rules for Suites guests on what is complimentary.

The room service pizza is the same as other pizza on board. Just delivered to your room.

it is definitely not the same as the buffet. ellios is gourmet compared to the buffet pizza. i have a pic somewhere of my room service pizza. will post sometime and someone can post their pic of buffet pizza

This is incorrect!!!

There is a $7.95 room service charge per delivery for Room service, except the complimentary continental breakfast. There are different rules for Suites guests on what is complimentary.

the thing about the free bfast is you get what you pay for. we ordered for 4 people and i swear they just forgot the 2nd tray. half the stuff was missing. but it wasnt worth it to complain as we had an early day planned

Thanks!!!

Laura

It depends on the time of day. The continental breakfast is free, until 10:00 a.m. after that there is a $7.95 charge.

• 11 months later...

We had really poor experiences with room service in a mini on the Jade in 1/17.

Breakfasts (the free continental ones) ALWAYS something wrong or missing.

We did order lunch or dinner a few times and same problem. Once it took well over an hour to be delivered and then was missing a number of items AND the fish was completely raw in the middle. (I don't mean slightly undercooked, I mean, cold and raw.) NCL didn't care when I complained. I felt like they had a lot of audacity to charge $7.95 for such a poorly executed product.

We had a much better experience on the Escape in the Haven. Not sure if it was just luck, different ship, Haven, or what. But service was prompt and correct (and no $7.95 charges!)

NCL uses unfortunate terminology with respect to the "Mini Suite".

It has NONE of the "suite" perks.

It's best to think of the NCL mini suite as a "Deluxe Balcony".

You can look at the deck plans and cabin floor plans to see precisely how the "mini suite" cabin differs from a "balcony" cabin on the ships.

Actually, I believe the balcony cabin and mini suite cabin on the Breakaway are identical, but the bathroom is bigger in the mini suite.