Free Pub lunch gone

antsp

But the mushy peas are actually good. I think they're mixed with mashed potatoes. Try them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,mushy peas are a type of pea called marrowfat that are mushed up but no potatoe added,cheers,Brian.

Not directed at you personally ... I was just getting over my

whiplash from the hundreds of posts about embarcation lunch

being only for club class, when I was re-injured by a

Richard Joseph thread.

Maybe you should stop reading CC? You know, avoid the injuries.

The word from a source that would definitely know with certainty is that the rumor that the Pub Lunch is to be a charged offering is exactly that....it is a rumor and is not based on fact. There is no plan to make the Pub Lunch a charged offering.

So, rest assured that if you are a fan of the Pub Lunch and are looking forward to enjoying it on your next voyage, you will enjoy it at no charge.

Now before I get comments that they didn't see if offered on the last voyage, it isn't a guarantee that it will be. A lot has to do with the ability of items, use of the dining area, etc., but it is not going away among the fleet's ships.

The word from a source that would definitely know with certainty is that the rumor that the Pub Lunch is to be a charged offering is exactly that....it is a rumor and is not based on fact. There is no plan to make the Pub Lunch a charged offering.

So, rest assured that if you are a fan of the Pub Lunch and are looking forward to enjoying it on your next voyage, you will enjoy it at no charge.

Now before I get comments that they didn't see if offered on the last voyage, it isn't a guarantee that it will be. A lot has to do with the ability of items, use of the dining area, etc., but it is not going away among the fleet's ships.

Interesting. If indeed true. :)

Please cite the source of your information.

For those who care, that should put a stop to the FUD: Fear, Uncertainty, and Disinformation.

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord willing.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Well I was looking forward to it on my cruise, and it never happened, no good someone positing it's on the Regal or the Crown when I'm on the Ruby. All I know on this sailing of 10 days witn 4 sea days, it didn't show up. Salty dog at $12 a go did, twice

Interesting. If indeed true. :)

Please cite the source of your information.

For those who care, that should put a stop to the FUD: Fear, Uncertainty, and Disinformation.

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord willing.

I hope you can understand that I really am not at liberty to reveal their name, however, you can rest assured that if they say it's just a rumor and no basis in fact, then that's what it is.

Probably won't turn off the faucet of disinformation and I'm sure there will be reports of not having a Pub Lunch on their particular voyage that will kindle another rumor of Princess getting rid of this meal choice altogether.

I hope you can understand that I really am not at liberty to reveal their name, however, you can rest assured that if they say it's just a rumor and no basis in fact, then that's what it is.

Probably won't turn off the faucet of disinformation and I'm sure there will be reports of not having a Pub Lunch on their particular voyage that will kindle another rumor of Princess getting rid of this meal choice altogether.

Pics from the patter to follow

Just off 31 days on the Crown where the free pub lunch was offered frequently. The Gastropub price was reduced to $12 per person so we were convinced to ty it. The general consensus of our group of 4 was that the food was good but not great. One serious problem I personally experienced was the lack of regular seating. The head waiter for the Gastropub was hawking it at a pub lunch one day and I asked if they had at least one normal height table (I was having mobility problems and pub height seats were not comfortable). He assured me they did. When we showed up a small sitting area with only a coffee size (and height) table was all he could offer! I informed him that wasn't normal height either. Given the average age of Princess passengers I was surprised that more consideration wasn't given to folks who can't handle the tall chairs. We won't be back.

That was our problem when I sailed with my mom -- who is in a Scooter. Got there and said "you've got to be joking; where are the normal tables?" They pointed to the bar and "coffee tables." We said we weren't paying to have a "Fancy" dinner at a coffee table and left.

That was our problem when I sailed with my mom -- who is in a Scooter. Got there and said "you've got to be joking; where are the normal tables?" They pointed to the bar and "coffee tables." We said we weren't paying to have a "Fancy" dinner at a coffee table and left.

Agree. Seriously? You expect a fancy dnner for $12? :D. :eek:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

It is unfortunate, but there never were "normal" tables in the Wheelhouse Bar for the Pub Lunch on the Crown, Emerald or Ruby. Pub Lunch is much more comfortable on other ships where it is served in a DR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've actually only eaten the Pub Lunch when it was in a dining venue. Crown Grill or something of that sort. I have no desire to eat off of one of the tables in Wheelhouse. We had Pub Lunch when cruising with our son. He's a disabled vet in a wheelchair and would not have been pleased with trying to use the tables in Wheelhouse for anything other than holding his drink. I realize Princess ships are not US based so they don't have to comply with the ADA but, in most cases, they do a very good job. This is one place I feel they fail.

If the Pub lunch was so good aboard Crown I didn't see it. We had fish and chips and they were not beer battered. What kind of pub serves Non-Beer Battered Fish? Bangers were just as plain as in "Jolly Old" so I guess I'd rather have a Hamburger. The Brats had little flavor also. My wife worked in Austria and I know what good Pub lunches are, street food there is good and so are Doner Kabobs.

If the Pub lunch was so good aboard Crown I didn't see it. We had fish and chips and they were not beer battered. What kind of pub serves Non-Beer Battered Fish? Bangers were just as plain as in "Jolly Old" so I guess I'd rather have a Hamburger. The Brats had little flavor also. My wife worked in Austria and I know what good Pub lunches are, street food there is good and so are Doner Kabobs. Ship pub food is at best McDonalds quality!

If the Pub lunch was so good aboard Crown I didn't see it. We had fish and chips and they were not beer battered. What kind of pub serves Non-Beer Battered Fish? Bangers were just as plain as in "Jolly Old" so I guess I'd rather have a Hamburger. The Brats had little flavor also. My wife worked in Austria and I know what good Pub lunches are, street food there is good and so are Doner Kabobs.

But your wife would be familiar with an Austrian Pub Lunch. Princess advertise an English Pub Lunch.

I'm thinking maybe a better title for this thread might have been "No Pub Lunch on Ruby this sailing" or something. Since there have been reports of the Pub Lunch continuing on other ships during this same time period, it's not true that "Free pub lunch is gone." The thread title is, at best, misleading.

I will be on the Ruby myself in a few weeks, and I'm going to ask the Maitre d what this was all about.

I will be on the Ruby myself in a few weeks, and I'm going to ask the Maitre d what this was all about.

Can you check on butter in the dining room, embarcation

lunch for club class only, whether you get a blue

tote bag, and if Richard Joseph is your cruise director?

Hi,I didnt know doner kebabs were austrian lol.I think there are more kebab shops in London than the whole of Turkey and Greece combined,cheers,Brian.

Lunch in dining room open to everyone

2 blue bags

The current cd Angela is leaving on Saturday

Butter in dining room is served but you need a butter sticker.

Edited by antsp

Richard Joseph has moved to Princess Australia........ He posted on CC awhile ago. His last ship was the Island Princess.

I got blue totes in November on the Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8v0j8wbjQs

Most chippys in the UK don't do beer battered. That would just be in restaurants or pubs, and they're not the best fish and chips anyway.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Edited by newport dave