Port or starboard side on Regal

fire&teacher

Since you are doing a closed loop cruise (same port embarking and debarking) it really does not make any difference. A lot of the times the ship will be out away from the land and there will not be anything great to see landwise so that further negates which side. The ship ties up to the pier according to what they are told by port authorities and may tie up on the port or starboard side. Personally we like the port side because we have always had a port cabin which makes it easier to remember which side to go to after leaving the elevator/stairs banks. The only gotcha on the Regal/Royal is to not get a balcony cabin under the sea walk on both sides of the ship or have pax gawking at you on your balcony.

I am wondering if the port or starboard side on the Regal is better when doing the New England/Canada 7 day cruise? We are sailing from New York and returning to New York. Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Does not really matter. We have done both sides on a NE cruise.

I am wondering if the port or starboard side on the Regal is better when doing the New England/Canada 7 day cruise? We are sailing from New York and returning to New York. Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Like already stated, with a round trip voyage, you will see land regardless of which side you book. Regardless, you can always get out of the cabin and go to an open deck and go to a better viewing location.

• 6 months later...
Agree - won't matter for this itinerary but - IMO on both Regal & Royal IF booking a mid-ship mini port side is best particularly IF a higher deck location.

would the side of the ship matter on the 5 day this coming october regal to canada?

Thank you for everyone's response. You were very helpful. We have decided to book a mid aft balcony cabin on the port side on a high deck.

What is a "mid aft balcony...on the port side"? :confused: That doesn't make sense. If you book an aft-facing cabin that is one thing. A port side cabin in the midship area is another.

would the side of the ship matter on the 5 day this coming october regal to canada?

Our cabin was on the starboard side on the Regal in 1st week of October last year. It was a 7-day Canada/NE. IMO, I don't think staying on either side would have mattered.

Our cabin was on the starboard side on the Regal in 1st week of October last year. It was a 7-day Canada/NE. IMO, I don't think staying on either side would have mattered.

ok i've never been on a canada cruise but didnt understand why it would matter. not like you go near shore all the time i'm assuming?

heck in bermuda people were trying to guess what side to be on but it depends on maintenance issues if you face the water or the island that particular day. so a total crapshoot what you face for 3 days.