CCL Cabin Info Compilation - No Cabin Questions posted here please!

sparks1093

Ship - Glory

Deck -  Main

Stateroom # - 2436

Stateroom Category – Interior

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? -  We didn't hear any noise while sleeping although we do sleep with a sound machine....location was good.

Ship - Magic

Deck - Riveria

Stateroom # - 1282

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No, during the night, while sleeping, I was woken up several nights from noises coming from the floor beneath us....staff area...sounded like chairs being moved around.  Out of the 4 people in our group, I was the only one who heard this...and that was with a sound machine on.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - See above comments.

Any other comments? -  

Ship - Magic

Deck - Spa & Sports

Stateroom # - 12023

Stateroom Category – Spa Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –No issues

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

Any other comments? -  This room is at a "T" - right at entrance from elevator area to hallway.  We never heard any sounds from the elevator.  It was very quiet in general.  The seas were rough on this voyage in January (we've been on other cruises in January where the seas were calm so you just don't know until you are there)  and we did hear some noise in the evenings of water hitting the bow but it wasn't enough of an inconvenience to keep us from getting this room again. We do sleep with a sound machine on and still heard the noise....just an fyi.

Ship - Glory

Deck - Riveria

Stateroom # - 1322

Any other comments? -  We really liked the location of this room.  Very little traffic in this area.  Quiet.  No noises from underneath (staff quarters). Would definitely stay in this room again...and we are in 2022!  This room is not close to the elevators so you do have to walk a bit to get to it once exiting elevators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • December 23, 2016
  •  

Ship - Miracle

Deck - Main

Stateroom # - 4237

Stateroom Category – Vista Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very.  So much so I could only vaguely hear the ships announcements, and would need to open the door to the hall / listen with it open to hear the announcements well enough to understand them.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, I believe there was a door connecting to the next aft stateroom.

Balcony View - Amazing, large aft wrap.  

Balcony Size? Normal, large aft wrap balcony for the class of stateroom.  

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin?  Just needing a refurb.  There were some odor problems in the cabin, of cigarette smoke that would come & go.  Don't know if it was from the ventilation system of the ship, or if a neighbor was smoking.  Also some vague odors from the carpet that again would come & go - don't know if someone got sick & they couldn't fully get the odor out of the carpet.  And one of the sink basins had a hairline crack in it.  Other than that, the cabin was good - just due for a cosmetic lift / the Miracle is going for drydock soon.  It's a beautiful & spacious cabin, I love the circular layout.   And some of the drawers in the dressers stuck a bit, but maybe that helps them keep shut in  rough seas.  For some reason the fridge sat outside the cabinet meant for it.  

Any other comments? -  Very spacious, good storage, loved the location midway between the dining room / entertainment areas & lido.  Got a lot of walking & stairs in which helps defray the calories.  

Ship - Ecstasy

Deck - Empress (7)

Stateroom # - 169

Stateroom Category – Oceanview 6E

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Noisy in the very early morning around sunrise, as it is right under the galley

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Under the galley, so loud in the early mornings; Lots of light passes underneath door, so nightlights not needed.

Any other comments? - Excellent deck choice since lobby bar, lounge/theater, and activities are right down the hall, one deck up for dinner and a few more for coffee and lido.  Just bring ear plugs for galley noise.

Ship - Liberty

Deck - 1 (Riviera) 

Stateroom # - 376

Stateroom Category – 6B (oceanview)

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None!  Very quiet location, and no rocking

Any other comments? - We were able to see the pilot jump back into his boat after the safety briefing from our cabin's window.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Sunshine

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11003

Stateroom Category – 4S

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Worn & Several Carpet Stains

Any other comments? - Upfront so you feel motion, has 2 Lowers & 1 upper Pullman 

Ship - Sunshine

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11001

Stateroom Category – 4S

Starboard or Port Side - Neither Middle Bow

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Absolutely only cabin in hall nobody seen

Any specific problems with this cabin? - 

Nope

Any other comments? - 

Good bit bigger than 11003 cause longer but at very front of ship so bouncy

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Panorama

Deck - 1

Stateroom # - 1346

Stateroom Category – 6M (Deluxe Ocean View)

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, surprisingly!

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None at all. I do miss the pitch-black darkness of an interior cabin (easier to sleep) but some well-placed hair clips and other objects helped keep the curtain in place well enough to block out most of the light.

Any other comments? - This cabin is smack-dab dead center of the ship, AND right near the elevators, which made it pretty convenient to get around to various parts of the ship. I was worried about elevator noise and fellow passenger noise, being so close to the elevators, but that was never an issue. The new elevator banks are built in such a way as to really insulate themselves from the cabin hallways. As for passengers being noisy on their way to their cabins, I never noticed much noise aside from occasional footfalls from running kids. Either we had really considerate fellow passengers, or the newer ships are built with better insulation!

I did experience a little more shaking than I normally do (previously, I've stayed on Upper deck (deck 6) on the Fantasy-class ships) when the ships approach ports. Woke me up the first morning, thinking my son was kicking my bed, but I think I quickly got used to it.

Also: even though there were only 3 of us in the cabin, the extra bathroom came in sooooo handy, especially when getting ready for elegant nights! The bathtub is MUCH more spacious than the little shower, so my son and I ended up using that most of the time. Hubby would have, too, except the bathtub is slightly more elevated than the shower, and his 6'8" frame would not have fit without ducking! Also loved having plenty of countertop and shelf space in the main bathroom! And TONS of hangers in the closets! 

003.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Ship - Liberty

Deck - 1 (Riviera) 

Stateroom # - 1339

Stateroom Category – 6B (oceanview)

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Shower filled with water all the way to the top of the lip every single shower.

Any other comments? - 

Ship - Magic

Deck - Vista

Stateroom # - 9216

Stateroom Category – 8D

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Very nice balcony. Other people have said that some of the balconies can be see into from lower decks. From our observations, that would only be a problem for deck 6 midship. We were much higher than that and very far forward.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? - It was a standard room. It was exactly like we expected.

Just got back from Jan 5, 2020 cruise on the Carnival Freedom.

Ship - Carnival Freedom

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7334

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Balcony View - Unobstructed view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, standard balcony

Was wind a problem? - only on certain days!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - One of the lights over the sofa didn't work

Any other comments? - Very good location, two floors up to Guy's burgers and two floors down to the Red Frog pub, what else could you need!  Room steward was fantastic, shower excellent.  Would select this cabin again.

IMG_9608.JPG

IMG_6020.JPG

Cabin 1573 on the Sunshine.  We just got off this ship yesterday (1/25/20).  Very nice, spacious OV with a HUGE noise problem!  There was a loud banging noise whenever the ship was underway that made it impossible to sleep.  We have been on many cruises and never experienced anything like this.  It sounded like a steel oil drum rolling back and forth.  We could feel the vibration it made in our cabin walls.  Three different crew members came to our cabin to listen to it.  All agreed it was crazy but could not say what it might be or suggest any way to stop it.  Luckily I had some prescription sleeping pills with me or I don't know what we would have done!  We were not offered any kind of compensation for this and the ship was booked solid so no place to move us.  Just making a note of it here to corroborate future complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Carnival Glory

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7333

Stateroom Category – Ocean Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Was Quite only thing you may heart occasionally is the elevator ding lol

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Balcony View was great no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized, Long but not deep

Was wind a problem? - Wind not a problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No issues with the Cabin

Any other comments? - Cabin was fantastic, lots of space large bathroom with tub, and dual sinks. 

Ship -  Carnival Vista

Deck -  12

Stateroom # - 12204

Stateroom Category – Spa Cabin

Starboard or Port Side -  Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No! This cabin opened to the SPA hallway in addition there was a service closet that was used morning and night.   

Balcony View - Normal no obstruction 

Balcony Size? Normal 

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Convenient location but very noisy

Any other comments? - Excellent steward

• 2 weeks later...

Stateroom # -6367

Stateroom Category –4E

Starboard or Port Side -Center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –There was no noise from a service hallway which we have experienced with interior rooms in the past HOWEVER the music and parties in the Atrium sound as if they are piped into the room.  More quiet during the day than at night.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Andy was our steward and there was more dust in the cabin than we have experienced on prior cruises.  At times there was a sewage smell in the hallway, but didn't notice it in the room.

Any other comments? - Sailed 2-8-20 thru 2-15-20

• 1 month later...

Ship - Legend

Deck - Empress

Stateroom # - 7263

Stateroom Category – 8E

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. No noise from above, below, or anywhere else. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - it had the ability to be connecting, but we didn’t use it. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Amazing view. Completely unobstructed. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - not at all

Any other comments? - We loved this cabin. 

CF864CB4-2FF2-45A7-AA9E-B1FDA7D33153.jpeg

15714718-76AF-4017-B1E1-984642C61A90.jpeg

D6223B53-5523-41D0-B54E-86F7B3FF6840.jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2017 at 6:47 AM, sparks1093 said:

Special thanks to Mysticks1 on the Celebrity Cruises forum for this idea. I would like to begin to assemble one for CCL.

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

I have seen this on other forums also and it seems to be useful.

Please, refrain from posting cabin questions here so this can purely be an informative thread, especially for those that are first time cruisers or seasoned cruisers looking for a great cabin.

The template is as follows:

Ship -

Deck -

Stateroom # -

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

It would be great if someone would be willing to put all of this information into a spreadsheet so you don’t have ti look 👀 through 11 pages.  If One could look by ship boy would that be great. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Ship - Carnival Liberty 

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7422

Stateroom Category – Balcony 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quiet, no issues at all with the room.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - No Obstruction, Great View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Although on the "port" side, none of our stops were facing the ports, not even one.  

Ship - Carnival Elation

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - G3

Stateroom Category – Grand Vista Suite 

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard and Front Facing 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – This is an awesome room, but everyone who walks on the deck above can be heard and when they run, it is really loud. Luckily almost no one did this late at night. 

Balcony View - 180 Degree view from the side balcony and the floor to ceiling from window. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The electric blinds did not work properly when I was in the room. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 1:21 PM, mcarney said:

I apologize for asking a question - but is there a spreadsheet or something like the Celebrity board? How do you 'search' or 'filter' to find the specific ship and cabin

To my knowledge, I don't think that anyone has taken on the task of managing a spreadsheet for this project.  (stepping one foot back)  😄

Tom

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

To my knowledge, I don't think that anyone has taken on the task of managing a spreadsheet for this project.  (stepping one foot back)  😄

Tom

Thanks ... I wasn't sure if just the format was the same as Celebrity or if the OP had created a spreadsheet as well ... too bad, as it's difficult to search on the thread.