Barbados flights

ospreycruiser

Our flight isn't till December, but personally, I'd rather it was on the 767 as opposed the dreamliner.

We got premium as a 'perk' when we booked, but then I was alarmed to find out that Tomsons premium is only 18" seat width and the 767 is 20.5"

Those two and a half inches could be the difference to being omfortable to uncomfortable ;)

Actually the seat width is 18.5" but you have a very wide armrests approx 6" between seats which is where most people need the extra width. I really like the legroom of 38" as well.

Unless you are significantly obese you will enjoy the comfort of the Dreamliner and I can assure you Premium Economy is well worth it especially the night return flight. You do get better quality food but forget the free drinks flying and alcohol seldom mix.

you will find that Thomson have a ship sailing from the Caribbean next year so Thomson Holidays will use the Dream liners for their holidays

I suppose this means Thomson will use one of their elderly 767s instead. I see from the Seatguru website that the 787 Dreamliner has 47 PE seats while the 767 only has 31, so there could be some disappointed travellers.

I wonder whether it's worth trying to change our flights to Thomas Cook instead. Don't mind what plane but I would like my premium seats and really don't want to risk them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I concur. In respect of P&O in the Caribbean, we've flown once with Thomson (on their Dreamliner :( ) and twice on Thomas Cook on an Airbus. Each time has been in premium economy section. Most uncomfortable experience was the inbound flight on the Dreamliner. As long as my aircraft is safe and clean; the cabin crew are attentive and jolly, I don't care who the plane belongs to.

• 1 year later...

I am going in Jan 18 to Caribbean on Britannia and have paid for premium seat but disgusted to find that p and o have a fee of £30 each way for reserving seats, even though Thomas Cook states the reservation with premium is free. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going in Jan 18 to Caribbean on Britannia and have paid for premium seat but disgusted to find that p and o have a fee of £30 each way for reserving seats, even though Thomas Cook states the reservation with premium is free. Has anyone else experienced this?

That’s the world we live in, wait until you get onboard. More and more profit squeezing to come - if you want a reserved sun bed and avoid the soot fallout it costs over £200/week. Then if you want a half decent meal costs extra, again. Many more squeezes to come !

Make sure you don’t choose the Row 1 seats on TC flights as P&O regard them as Emergency Exit Seats and you will be charged an extra £75/pp/each way.

I was surprised to find we had to pay an extra £120 on top of the £100 each supplement to fly from Manchester as well the charge for premium. My niece just flew with TC in Premium at no additional cost to choose seats.

Hiya,

I paid £300 in total for premium for just me. I even phoned Thomas Cook and asked if they charged for seat reservations for premium and they confirmed they did not. They gave me their booking link and said I could book the seats direct, I did try but it said on an information page that

" Please note that if you have booked a cruise with P & O cruises, you will need to check in at the airport as P & O have already allocated your seat" !!!

Therefore I could not book my seat with Thomas Cook. I noted on Cruise Personaliser that a lot of seats were greyed in and not bookable, maybe these have been saved for cruise passengers.

Seems that P & O are actually making on the £30 each way seat reservations. Either way it is still not right to have to pay extra for a seat - I will email the agents and phone Thomas Cook tomorrow, as I only chatted online to TC yesterday.

Sorry to go on, but this has really got my goat as they say.

Lyneehub :confused:

P&O charter the whole aircraft and as a result they determine the seat allocation and pricing.

Thus, whether you are on a Thomas Cook or Thomson plane, the cost is the same.

Seat allocation can only be done through P&O.

A small number of people may be booked on schedule flights where different arrangements apply.

Brian

As has been said, P&O charter the flight, therefore they determine the extra charges, so no point contacting TC. These days, paying to select your seat is the norm. You can fly BA in Club, paying perhaps £3000 for a return ticket, and you will still have to pay extra to select your seat.

As a percentage of the cost of the total holiday, the cost to select your seat is not that great. You always have the option not to pay.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app