Liberty Sighting - What have they done?

Just curious if you have an opinion on the added deck 12 cabins on both Freedom and Liberty? Many find those destroyed the lines of the ship as well.

Several other ships have them as well. Navigator for one. I don't think it makes any difference. My son is staying in a Panoramic Oceanview on Liberty next month.

Several other ships have them as well. Navigator for one. I don't think it makes any difference. My son is staying in a Panoramic Oceanview on Liberty next month.

I did a Panoramic Oceanview Stateroom video on Navigator you may find valuable. The Panoramic rooms are really nice.

Enjoy!

Last week I was docked on another ship in Cozumel near Liberty of the Seas. What have they done?! It had these horrible giant Carnival style water slides on the highest level at the aft of the ship. Horrible thing to do to such a beautiful ship. It looks like a floating amusement park now. So sad. I saw Freedom of the Seas a few days later. It did not have this modification. I guess the young and the young at heart will enjoy the slides, but to me it looks like a horrible mess on top of such a beautiful ship.

Opinions are like buttholes: Everyone has one and they all stink.

Maybe orange and green were on sale at the local water slide supply store. 😏

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Might have been left over slides from another cruise line, Royal picked them up at Good Will store... But guess have to agree that other colors would been better. If was still the 80's maybe slides would been pastel colors...

The colours are actually yellow, blue, green and purple. If you look at photos of Harmony from a distance, it actually works well. The slides are more integrated into the ship and balanced well, they don't look like an ugly after thought add on. I am not opposed to waterslides. I just thought they did a bad job adding them to Liberty. :D
Might be due to limited location's to place on Liberty, more options on Oasis class ships...

Do we not agree that Royal Caribbean Ships are well designed and extremely beautiful to look at? This has always been my opinion of Royal Caribbean. Consistently beautiful stunning ships. Harmony is beautiful too, waterslides well integrated. However somebody screwed up with Liberty. It's messy.

I agree with you on this no doubt. However, for me it's more about the innovative layout and function than outer aesthetic appearance. I get that the slides detract from the clean appearance of before but I can't think of a way to disguise the slides entirely. As for colors you might be right on that. Perhaps clear would have been the way to go so they wouldn't stand out as much.

Appearance wise I don't have a big problem with Carnival but I've never tried them simply because they don't have Flowrider or a Promenade down the center.

I think looking at the boat from shore the slides on the Liberty do affect the look. On the Harmony they blend in better. From being on the Harmony I can say the slides kind of intrude on the pool area and do hurt the looks more. On the Liberty they are at the back on the sports deck and don't affect the pool area. All that being said I like the slides and would rather have them than not.

I am not a fan of tendering. This would be fantastic! :D

Until ..... SNAP! .. SPLASH! .. GLUG GLUG! :p

(then again .. that would help to cut down on some of the lines later on!) ;)

The slides were the reason we selected Liberty!! Family cruise with activities for all ages. So much cruise activity geared toward adults and drinking or very young children- it's nice to have activities that are family friendly outside of a character breakfast or bar music. The basketball court and rock wall were awesome, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look at me! Read my thread! Look at me! Read my thread!

I mean .... the Liberty was retro-fitted a year ago.

As I stated in the original post I just saw the change last week in Cozumel. You don't have to be mean to people you know. I should really just ignore your ignorant post but I've decided to stand up to your bullying. Peace.

I figured out the color scheme. Mexican flag. ;) Liberty does go to Cozumel every week.:p

csm_03_LIBERTYOFTHESEAS_f79cb2cd3a.jpg

Technically the flag of Mexico is Green, Red and White, but the shade of orange on liberty seems to be more on the red side.

latest?cb=20130127162029

I figured out the color scheme. Mexican flag. ;) Liberty does go to Cozumel every week.:p

csm_03_LIBERTYOFTHESEAS_f79cb2cd3a.jpg

Technically the flag of Mexico is Green, Red and White, but the shade of orange on liberty seems to be more on the red side.

latest?cb=20130127162029

Brilliant! Now that makes sense! :D;)

Here is a picture I took in Cozumel. :D

I think it looks fun...we are actually taking our first RCL cruise soon and will be looking for things like this. Sounds so snobbish to act like things other people like are not good. Who cares? Don't do them if you don't like them.

I think it looks fun...we are actually taking our first RCL cruise soon and will be looking for things like this. Sounds so snobbish to act like things other people like are not good. Who cares? Don't do them if you don't like them.

Once again this is Cruise Critic. Once in a while there are things we don't agree with and wish to discuss with our cruising peers. Hence the purpose of this site. Please don't call me a snob or any other name for that matter, because you have a different opinion. That's inappropriate.

Peace to all of you. :D