Liberty Sighting - What have they done?

They need to put a slide that goes from the top down to the bottom, that would be cool. You are more than welcome to critic the slides. Those with differing opinions are free to share theirs also.

Harmony of the seas has a slide that goes from the top to the bottom, however it's not a waterslide. The videos of it on YouTube look exciting.

Of course differing opinions are welcome here. That's why I posted, I wanted to discuss it. However it seems some people with differing opinions feel the need to bash. I won't tolerate this behaviour and will call it out immediately. We can't let Internet trolling take over. Cheers!

I was on Liberty in November of last year. Due to the fact that I was in an arm sling and just had major shoulder surgery 9 days prior to sailing I could not go on these big carnival Slides. But boy did I want too. I am a kid at heart and having that area in November where there are mainly just adults, without having hardly any kids to cut in line, is a great experience. But unfortunately, all I could do is watch the other kid at heart adults, enjoy themselves. Maybe I just need to book that cruise again so I can experience these big awful looking slides;) at least once.

I was on Liberty in November of last year. Due to the fact that I was in an arm sling and just had major shoulder surgery 9 days prior to sailing I could not go on these big carnival Slides. But boy did I want too. I am a kid at heart and having that area in November where there are mainly just adults, without having hardly any kids to cut in line, is a great experience. But unfortunately, all I could do is watch the other kid at heart adults, enjoy themselves. Maybe I just need to book that cruise again so I can experience these big awful looking slides;) at least once.

This kid at heart adult spends half his cruise on the flowrider. Imagine how much I have to suffer looking at those things and occasionally riding them? I'll be back on Liberty in less than 2 months. Maybe I need to rethink my trip now.....

What is cool about the inside of the slides is that they have bands of light coming through. So when you are sliding down they have a very unique visual effect. A more blander color and the effect wouldn't be as good.

Also when we were docked in Honduras the view from the top of the slide was awesome.

So, let me get this straight. Those of us that like the slides and have no issues with it's aesthetics are trolls and are contributing to the Carnivalization of Royal? Nah, not buying it. There was no way to add the slides without them being seen on the sports deck. And as just stated, the light show inside the tubes is part of the experience.

The ship is still lovely. And I'll still never sail Carnival.

So, let me get this straight. Those of us that like the slides and have no issues with it's aesthetics are trolls and are contributing to the Carnivalization of Royal? Nah, not buying it. There was no way to add the slides without them being seen on the sports deck. And as just stated, the light show inside the tubes is part of the experience.

The ship is still lovely. And I'll still never sail Carnival.

Sorry, you must have not read the entire thread. People were calling me names for my opinion or questioning my reason for posting as attention getting. These are the only people I was referring to as trolling, not anyone else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but name calling or mocking are not acceptable. I just wanted a civil dialog on the subject. I regret posting now. :(

Sorry, you must have not read the entire thread. People were calling me names for my opinion or questioning my reason for posting as attention getting. These are the only people I was referring to as trolling, not anyone else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but name calling or mocking are not acceptable. I just wanted a civil dialog on the subject. I regret posting now. :(

I agree with you. For ship lovers she looks ugly. I like most older ships and do not care about this additions. If I look for slides and similar thinks I can find it within any land based fun park like in the Orlando area.

However, for travellers who focus on such fun toys and do not care that much about the tradition of cruising and cruise ships this are very good new options.

I understand both points of view and go with Indy until she gets slides and a new cabin hut as well and Radiance class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree - whether I like to use the slides or not - they just don't look good the way added them.

I like the Liberty slide color scheme better than Harmony's, from the photos; brighter and more festive. I suspect it might appeal more to the target demographic the slides are meant to appeal to, the young. From what I've seen on land, water parks don't favor muted, neutral colors.

I've been on Liberty once pre-slides; on an Oasis-class cruise we were docked beside Liberty and I noticed the slides because of the loud, eye-catching color display. When our little girl is older (i.e.: likely to slide without dragging wife or me along with her), might be an appealing option.

While Harmony keeps getting praise by comparison, I've seen forum posts fussing about how the Harmony slides messed with the view on the Boardwalk and some Boardwalk balcony cabins. So let's be mindful that design execution was not without some drawbacks, too.

As for being a floating amusement park, I suspect that's pretty much what Voyager class & larger are. I get that from an older, conservative aesthetic sense the slide display looks a bit loud and gaudy to some, but to many young people, it looks like exciting fun. And the latter are who it was built for.

Where you stand on an issue depends on where you sit. I don't drink, so lots of bars on ships don't appeal to me, but many love them. I focus on the parts I like; I ignore (or mock, particularly weird art work) parts I don't.

And there's nothing wrong with posting that you don't like a design change in a ship. The original post was bit high drama, two uses of the word 'horrible,' and probably triggered similarly exaggerated pushback in people who disagreed.

Richard.

I agree - whether I like to use the slides or not - they just don't look good the way added them.

Personally, I don't like the way they added the rock walls to Majesty, Enchantment and most of the other smaller ships. Same for the Video screens they added. Additions rarely look good, but they function well.

And BTW, I imagine they will see a lot more usage on the water slides than the rock walls .;)

the green slide is disco fabulous (filled with neon lights, and flashing).

the orange slide is just full of cut outs to let the sun in .. .

we went to the slides one day after coming back from Belize, and rode them, then didn't think about them, other than happy they kept more kids away from the main pools.

oh, and they look FABULOUS at night.

I sailed on the Liberty in November, and until THIS moment, when I looked at pictures taken around that time, I had no idea they had added the slides.

I guess that's how much they mean to me :-) We all have our preferences. I suppose the advantage for me, had I noticed any change, is that they tend to keep the kids somewhere else, where I don't want to be.

Perhaps the slides do change the aesthetic and classic beauty of Liberty but when I take my DS's (13 and 10) aboard her those slides are going to put wider smiles on my kid's and therefore me. Also, we will be spending more time out on deck because of the slides, which means me ordering more drinks... Which means more $$$ in Mr. and Mrs. RCL's pocket...

I understand that some care about what a ship looks like, but I go on a ship for what it has, and what I can do, rather than what it looks like. I am not sure they could have made ship purests happy by adding slides anywhere, but for me, it makes me more apt to try that ship.