Seapass Cards on Cabin Doors??

Shanafan

Leaving on Harmony of the Seas on Saturday and I am reading that the check in process has changed. It states that our seapass cards will be outside of our stateroom in a sealed envelope. We have 10:30 am boarding and I am wondering if they will let you go to your cabin to get your seapass before the usual 1 pm when they say the cabins are available. If not, how would we purchase our celebratory cocktails when we board?

We board around 12:30/1pm. We may not get to where we need to be (a bar, or guest services) until shortly after 1. Will our set sail passes work, or is it a firm 1 pm cut off?

It will work probably the length of the cruise if you rather carry around a piece of paper..:)

Edit: it will not open your cabin door.

What is the perceived benefit to this approach? Why aren't they handing out the SeaPass cards as part of the check-in process? Not a big deal, just curious.

I don't think its a benefit. I think that is how it has to be with the RFID cards. I don't think they can be done at the port.

My DH is not a fan of the Sea Passes on the door....Im not sure if he thinks someone will steal them or go into our cabin....

Never sailed Quantum class out of all of our Royal cruises. So excited to be doing Quantum Class. Tell me about the bands...what do they do? When and where do we get them?

Leaving on Harmony of the Seas on Saturday and I am reading that the check in process has changed. It states that our seapass cards will be outside of our stateroom in a sealed envelope. We have 10:30 am boarding and I am wondering if they will let you go to your cabin to get your seapass before the usual 1 pm when they say the cabins are available. If not, how would we purchase our celebratory cocktails when we board?

Is this a fleet-wide change? Jut wondering what would stop someone from taking a few of these or kids (or adults for that matter) switching them around to different cabins?

I noticed people mentioned boarding time. We have only crusie on RC smaller ships. We are crusing on Allure in Jan. We have never had a boarding time. Is this something only for the larger ship. Very concerned about sea pass being on the doors. Couldn't anyone take them and charge items. What are the waist bands?

Thank you.

Edited by perfectvacation
More questions

What is the perceived benefit to this approach? Why aren't they handing out the SeaPass cards as part of the check-in process? Not a big deal, just curious.

Checking in on embarkation day is a lot quicker if the agent doesn't have to get your Sea Pass card. Finding the Sea Pass cards always has taken most of time involved when that has been part of the check in for a cruise. Our three Anthem check ins were much quicker than any of the ones for non-RFID ships we've embarked on.

Carrying around a big piece of paper :eek:......Not as convenient as getting your SeaPass at the terminal.

Not a fan of this new system :(

All that is needed to board the ship and make purchases onboard is that the bar code on the Set Sail Pass is accessible for scanning so one can fold the standard sheet so it's 1/12 the original size or about the same size as the Sea Pass card.

attachment.php?attachmentid=403972&d=1487300097

DSCF0343.jpg.910f3e4b91d61aa7ab357d6073148177.jpg

But how will the identity photos go on the sea pass cards?. Normally the photo goes on when you check in and then is used when boarding ship after ports. It does seem a security problem to leave them on doors when people haven't gone to their rooms.

But how will the identity photos go on the sea pass cards?. Normally the photo goes on when you check in and then is used when boarding ship after ports. It does seem a security problem to leave them on doors when people haven't gone to their rooms.

You upload your own picture or you can have it taken by a rep when you check in. The whole check in process is very quick. We actually checked in for our last Anthem cruise with a rep that was outside.

Your photo is no longer printed on RCI regular or non-RFID card if that's what you are thinking of. It's stored electronically as a digital print accessible when your Sea Pass card's bar code is read or RFID card is scanned. You can upload your photo yourself or have it taken by the agent at the check in like is being done for non-RFID ships.

Also your photo shows up when your card is scanned for purchases so that should prevent other from using a stolen card.

Edited by robtulipe

My DH is not a fan of the Sea Passes on the door....Im not sure if he thinks someone will steal them or go into our cabin....

Never sailed Quantum class out of all of our Royal cruises. So excited to be doing Quantum Class. Tell me about the bands...what do they do? When and where do we get them?

We sailed on Ovation of the Seas in December and decided to buy the bands as I forgot to bring a lanyard and the bands were cheaper than a new lanyard. Once you have a WOW band you can charge everything to themm and get into your stateroom, basically the only thing you need your seapass card for is to get on and off the ship. The beauty of the band is that you can swim, shower, sauna and anything else you would like to do...we found them much easier than the sea pass card. Have a great time :)

We sailed on Ovation of the Seas in December and decided to buy the bands as I forgot to bring a lanyard and the bands were cheaper than a new lanyard. Once you have a WOW band you can charge everything to themm and get into your stateroom, basically the only thing you need your seapass card for is to get on and off the ship. The beauty of the band is that you can swim, shower, sauna and anything else you would like to do...we found them much easier than the sea pass card. Have a great time :)

If they only were smaller and had a different design...Personally I think their ugly and don't care to wear one :eek:

I noticed people mentioned boarding time. We have only crusie on RC smaller ships. We are crusing on Allure in Jan. We have never had a boarding time. Is this something only for the larger ship. Very concerned about sea pass being on the doors. Couldn't anyone take them and charge items. What are the waist bands?

You won't have to worry about any of this, Allure uses the old Seapass cards handed out at the pier terminal. You can ignore the boarding time issue.