No Show Questions Please.

Ashland

We will have a few "no show's" cruise already paid for (knew before final was made that they wouldn't be able to make it (pregnancy for one cruiser and new baby too young for the other cruiser and her toddler, so 3 no shows) but cost wasn't a consideration, keeping the cabin's 4 of them right next to each other was).

I've checked in (passport info, my credit card for onboard spending etc.) for them just like I would if they were coming. At check in at the terminal (HOTS next month sail date) do I just show them the SetSail Pass that their each on and tell the staff then that their not coming.

We're still a group of 7 traveling (originally we were group of 10) it's just that 1 will be in a cabin that originally would have held 3 and 2 will be in a cabin that would have held 3, our other two cabins will hold 2 each...so no problem there. I've also been very careful to keep an original person booked in each cabin so as not to have these great priced cabins repriced from what I booked them for in June 2015.

We've never had this kind of a situation before so any help would be much appreciated...Thanks

Did you upload pics too for the no-shows? :p

Telling them at the pier (by the person(s) left in the cabins with the missing folks) should work. Remember the check-in for Harmony is different - you'll be going up to a roving person with a tablet.

]It doesn't say Harmony anywhere[/b] above' date=' so not sure where that came from..[/quote']

2nd paragraph:

At check in at the terminal (HOTS next month sail date) do I just show them the SetSail Pass ...

HOTS = Harmony Of The Seas

Did you upload pics too for the no-shows? :p

Telling them at the pier (by the person(s) left in the cabins with the missing folks) should work. Remember the check-in for Harmony is different - you'll be going up to a roving person with a tablet.

No...didn't upload pics for any of us...we'll just have them taken at the terminal ;)

It doesn't say Harmony anywhere above, so not sure where that came from.

I would call RCI right away and explain the situation. I wouldn't wait until check-in at the pier.

YIKES :eek:....As I said above...not going to take the chance on a re-price...why would I...My pricing is amazing...booked when this sailing first opened.

If you are ok with paying for folks who won't be there, don't say anything! Simply have those who ARE going show up and board. They really don't care if ANY of you show up, as long as they have their money. They will refund port charges and taxes for those who do NOT board.

If you are ok with paying for folks who won't be there, don't say anything! Simply have those who ARE going show up and board. They really don't care if ANY of you show up, as long as they have their money. They will refund port charges and taxes for those who do NOT board.

Yes...Our original pricing was amazing...so no problem.

I understand they will refund those but will it be to the card that made the original reservation or the card used to make final payment?

• 5 months later...
Yes...Our original pricing was amazing...so no problem.

I understand they will refund those but will it be to the card that made the original reservation or the card used to make final payment?

Hi, can I ask what the outcome was in the end? I will also have a no show but when I tried to take them off the cabin the price was going to be more expensive for one person than two combined because of the price change. Should I tell them at the pier? Thanks! Kelly

... I will also have a no show but when I tried to take them off the cabin the price was going to be more expensive for one person than two combined because of the price change. Should I tell them at the pier? Thanks! Kelly

I would not tell them anything about the no show at the pier.

When DH couldn't meet me on a cruise due to bad weather, I got his taxes and port fees as a credit to my on board account.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't have an impact on my check in :)

I don't think it would be a problem, but I'd still make sure you complete your online check-in completely separate from the no-show person.

Do not tell in advance. Notify at guest services once you are onboard. The person without the roommate will get double points[emoji16]. This has been advised by many with experience. Plus I actually got someone at Royal to tell me this is the best thing to do especially since the cruise is paid in full

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why they wouldn't be repriced for the new number of passengers but with port fees refunded. Isn't that the policy?

Yes it is. The issue is not port fees, but the basic fare which could be quite different (higher) than when originally booked.

This has happened to us twice, unfortunately work got in the way for me and I was not able to go last minute. We had two cabins both times and my DW just let them know I was not coming. As mentioned above they will refund your port taxes at some point in the future.

One of the times, I made the mistake of telling my wife I would try to join them at the first port of call and she let guest services know. The first port they rang the room and asked if I was joining that day so that they can have someone meet me on the dock. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it, but said I would try to wrap up work and join at the second port....never happened. When my wife told them at the last port I was not going to make it at all on the cruise, guest service sent a very nice bottle of Champaign to the room. Which resulted in me receiving a text photo of them (my family) toasting our vacation without me (again)!