Bon voyage mr gut and family on qm2 to tassie

NSWP

For some reason as a solo passenger I received a full bottle of Acker.

According to the Cunard website some balcony cabin categories get a full bottle of Acker. How generous, Lubbly Jubbly.:D

Anyway we have US$450 cabin obc, promo and military obc. That will pay for a few bottles of 'house vino' in the mdr and a few ciders up top, of course with a few more $ from us, as you do.

We had a very nice bottle of Delamotte Champagne in our ice bucket on boarding - and one of those cute little champagne caps that kept it fresh till the next day. About the first time I have not put half a bottle down the sink!!

Loved the description from the wine list:

Champagne Delamotte is a small producer of Champagne in the grand cru village of Le Mesnil-sur-Oger. It is notonly one of the oldest Champagne houses, but also, arguably, one of the most refined in style and pedigree.

We had a very nice bottle of Delamotte Champagne in our ice bucket on boarding - and one of those cute little champagne caps that kept it fresh till the next day. About the first time I have not put half a bottle down the sink!!

Champagne Delamotte is a small producer of Champagne in the grand cru village of Le Mesnil-sur-Oger. It is notonly one of the oldest Champagne houses, but also, arguably, one of the most refined in style and pedigree.

Sounds much nicer than the Pol Acker.

I only got a half when there were two of us first time round. I kept the bottle. Dudded. Or lucky.

Yes, I think you were lucky, just like the Ryanair raffle where you put your business card in the box to win a flight. Everyone reckons that second prize was 2 flights :eek:

The weather looked great in Port Arthur for them; hope it keeps up for the Guts and Gae.

Beautiful day in Port Arthur today.

Have not met Mr Gut. Seems to be hiding. Shy?

Suggest house wines be given a very wide berth. Sommelier even recommended a cheaper wine rather than the house.

Did Mr Gut attend the CC M&G he organised for Sunday?

Of course the Sommelier would recommend better wines, rather than the house wines, try the Chilean wines, they are ok. I bet by now the wine stewards are sick of the Strayans saying...'A giraffe of house plonk thanks mate and I will have some ice blocks in it as well.' As they do.:o Shudder.

Anyway overall, hope it is going well on ye olde QM2.

Delamotte, not $4.99 from Aldi that one.:o

Did Mr Gut attend the CC M&G he organised for Sunday?

Of course the Sommelier would recommend better wines, rather than the house wines, try the Chilean wines, they are ok. I bet by now the wine stewards are sick of the Strayans saying...'A giraffe of house plonk thanks mate and I will have some ice blocks in it as well.' As they do.:o Shudder.

Anyway overall, hope it is going well on ye olde QM2.

No mate unfortunately Gut buggeredhis back and spent the first few days in bed.

Beautiful day in Port Arthur today.

Have not met Mr Gut. Seems to be hiding. Shy?

Suggest house wines be given a very wide berth. Sommelier even recommended a cheaper wine rather than the house.

I'm sort of back on my feet so may see y

I'm sort of back on my feet so may see y

Oh, that is terrible. I hope it does not last (but I do have a range of exotic meds if required).

Meet and greet was small, but cream. Had Gae, Helen, Richard and yours truly. Mr Gut was looked for and we missed not meeting him.

Oh yes, beautiful day in Hobart. Sydney had better lift its game for Thursday.

Edited by Docker123

Get well. old son, put some OP Rum in that coke zero, fix you up real smart.:')

Thanks Uncle Les, just overdid it a bit getting all done before the cruise that Ye old back objected, doesn't matter though Ye Q M2 a nice spot to recover.

Oh, that is terrible. I hope it does not last (but I do have a range of exotic meds if required).

Meet and greet was small, but cream. Had, Helen, Richard and yours truly. Mr Gut was looked for and we missed not meeting him.

Oh yes, beautiful day in Hobart. Sydney had better lift its game for Thursday.

May manage to find you next couple of days.

Heres a couple of grabs from cams in Hobart today

From QM2 bridge....the cam is inside so is looking through tinted glass, hence the blue tinge. Looking over to Wrest Point

15xmw49.jpg

From the Rose Bay High School looking back over the bridge . QM2 would be just out of cam range on LHS. Looks a fabulous day weather wise.:D

ets2vq.jpg

Someone has gone missing it seems as just announced.

Was it Mr Gut & family as he failed to show at our arranged get-together in the Commodore Lounge on Sunday?

Sorry to have missed you Mr Gut!

Gae & Helen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was it Mr Gut & family as he failed to show at our arranged get-together in the Commodore Lounge on Sunday?

Sorry to have missed you Mr Gut!

Gae & Helen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah sorry Gae, back went on me so a couple of cabin days.