Lobster night

• 4 weeks later...

I highly doubt that they are cold water lobsters. Those grow too slowly and command a higher price. However, the cold water tails are sooo good. Like the difference between Dungeness crab and lump crab. Dungeness is so sweet. We didn't go to the MDR on formal night and I didn't see any lobster on the WJ.

Same here. Sometimes the tails are edible, sometimes not. I usually don't bother.

I'm anticipating something akin to the lobster I was served on pay day during my deployment to Iraq in 2005. The tails were a bit mushy (I had suspected at the time because they were just boiled and thrown in a freezer - now hearing the difference between cold and warm water lobsters, I have a better idea why that was) and tasted a bit sour (Again, suspicion they doused them with a mix of lemon juice and butter before keeping them under a heat lamp for 4 hours.)

Food served to our troops was great. But due to restrictions of shipping, storage in 100 degree weather, and serving 7,000 troops a day, the lobster was not the best. It was the government showing that even though we didn't have the best living conditions, and couldn't give us a pay increase, they could at least try to feed us well. Steak and lobster tails were only on end of the month payday on the main operations bases that had a secure airstrip. If you were some poor GI stationed at a detatchment on the frontiers, you might just get a hot breakfast and shelf-stable rations for lunch and dinner. And don't forget water rationing to one shower every 2 days!

• 2 weeks later...

I was told no lobster is served on Athem Ship. Does anyone know if its free on the 7 day?. I was told you can go to fine dining side but you still have to pay for lobster? Anyone been on the Athem recently in 2017 and let me know if it was served in main dining room free or buffet?

Edited by sydney777

It's "Warm water" lobster...not MAINE lobster tails.

Lobster is VERY easy to cook...sort of like shrimp! I, too, don't understand why everyone goes "gaga" over it! Yes...I love lobster, as it it the means to get more melted butter into me! Lol!! But, I cook it at home often, because it's pretty damn easy!

You can get lobster in the windjammer buffet the day of the lobster night too. On one of the cruises we went on, my friends and I all gained so much weight none of us could fit into our dresses on formal night which was the lobster night, so we just headed to the buffet and surprising they served it in the buffet lol

Lobster Buffet. OMG. Are we living in the same world. On the 5N cruise here there is no formal night and no lobster. Didn't even see any shrimp even tiny ones once for any of my meals. Last night there I had lobster dinner as they say there is a 30% discount. Any I thought I had it good.

For anyone who has recently had the lobster, do they still split them in half and serve you a half piece or do they butterfly it and serve you the entire tail? On my last Allure sailing 2 years ago I was very disappointed that they split the tails in half and only served me a half piece.

Am sailing the Allure this weekend and I am looking forward to the lobster night but hoping it's butterflied and served as a whole and not into thin halves.

Always makes me smile when I see:

'Free' lobster.....:') and Lobster night.....:')

Lobster is 'complimentary' on 'formal' night. It's 'included' in the cruise fare you already paid hundreds of dollars for.

Oh wait, it's not formal night, it's 'dress up night'....

;p

For anyone who has recently had the lobster, do they still split them in half and serve you a half piece or do they butterfly it and serve you the entire tail? On my last Allure sailing 2 years ago I was very disappointed that they split the tails in half and only served me a half piece.

Am sailing the Allure this weekend and I am looking forward to the lobster night but hoping it's butterflied and served as a whole and not into thin halves.

Pretty sure we had the entire tail on HOS. And, I know people will often order more than one...

On our December Oasis cruise most of us at our table ordered the "no cost" Surf & Turf and our waiter brought out an extra plate of tails.....about 6 tails split in half. Needless to say we were good after that....

Returned this morning from 5 nights on Brilliance where we were informed that they NO longer have lobster night.

See, and there I was, hoping I wasn't going to read this, haha....we're on Brilliance June 30th out of Barcelona. Has she left Florida yet?

Hi, if your on allure this weekend, can you let me know if dining room on any nights have free lobster or do you pay $30??? Have you sailed with allure before?

Not yet, she leaves in 4 days.

You got that right Bob. One final cruise before TA.

I got email this afternoon and got hit with the Mini Bar water charge for $24.74. Water was still there when we left the cabin at 745 this morning. Called and spoke to Rose and she said she would remove the charge. Hope was not on final bill which was on the door when we left to go to deck 5. Casper must have entered and enjoyed the water. lol

We got water in Diamond Lounge and brought it to our cabin. Rose said they were going to discontinue the water and thus the fake charges so many complain about.

You can get lobster in the windjammer buffet the day of the lobster night too. On one of the cruises we went on, my friends and I all gained so much weight none of us could fit into our dresses on formal night which was the lobster night, so we just headed to the buffet and surprising they served it in the buffet lol

Didn't happen that way on the Serenade last Feb. Although the next day they did have them during lunch. Would have had enough for everyone if some people didn't take 6-8!!

I was first introduced to lobster while in the Navy. My Capt.was infamous to launch the first Polaris missile under water. Once while having VIP's aboard we were all served whole lobster. But I miss the steak and eggs for breakfast even more .LOL