LIVE from NAVIGATOR of the Seas - March 3, 2017

Whoops. Almost forgot to include the brief stateroom attendant story.

We were leaving for the pool this afternoon when I saw him standing outside our room in the hallway. He didn't say hello or anything so I initiated the conversation.

Me: "Have you been our stateroom attendant the past 9 days?"

Him: "Yes"

Me: "Hi, I'm Tim. (sarcastically) Nice to meet you. Can I take a quick picture of you?"

Him: "ok"

And that's it. No "nice to meet you too", "was everything ok this week in the room?" or "how was your cruise?" Nothing.

I've never experienced anything like this before. Usually they are very friendly and always making sure we are ok with their service. So bizarre. I don't think this guy is winning any Royal Caribbean Mr. Congeniality contests anytime soon.

That's crazy - we had the same thing happen to us on Navigator in '09 - Deck 9. And that was before they did mandatory tips.

I was going to include that in my recap when I got home but I'll address it now. I never saw guac & chips advertised at the Schooner Bar nor did I see anyone eating it there.

I also went into Izumi and asked if they do the "Izumi to Go" on this ship. The manager said no they do not.

I believe both were available fairly recently.

Matt Hochberg did Izumi to go on Navigator in February. Odd.

Royal Caribbean Blog reported a few months ago that is was only $10 for guac & chips at the Schooner Bar. I believe that was on the Freedom.

I only saw Guac at Sabor when we were on Nav in Feb. The original poster should check your Cruise Planner on the Royal website BEFORE embarkation. They had a $15 Sabor deal going for our sailing. So, all the Guac and anything else on the menu (not alcohol) for $15. Not bad if you can still get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mudslide - Solarium Bar $10

Mudslide - Pool Bar $12

]

I noticed same thing on Indy on a couple beers I bought. Identical size and brand, price was different by almost $2 after tip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like there's a frozen version that costs less than the regular Mudslide. Bet your 2 drinks were the same. :confused:

Yup, exactly the same. Same size glass, same frozen drink.

Matt Hochberg did Izumi to go on Navigator in February. Odd.

That's right. I remember that. So weird.

did you swing past guest services to ask why the difference? a wee few dollars might go back on your seapass.

Nahh, I'm too lazy. [emoji3]

They had a $15 Sabor deal going for our sailing. So, all the Guac and anything else on the menu (not alcohol) for $15. Not bad if you can still get it!

Yup, thanks to Matt and his great blog we were able to get Sabor for $15 each on night 5.

Our final dinner was at Chops again. Tonight was much better than it was on night 1 or was that night 2? I forget. Pretty sure it was night 1.

Courtney made a tactical error earlier in the trip by getting the New York strip instead of the Filet. Bad move. The strip is average at best. Her filet tonight was very good. Sorry no pictures of her filet. The rest of the grub:

Forest mushroom soup - this never disappoints and was outstanding once again.

6f2be5b602ddfd341ad9700c86ff9c19.jpg

Shrimp cocktail

f6563af11718fdeea9ce65a45145c3cc.jpg

No word. The pool deck worker seemed to think it was a minor problem.

Can't say if it's related or not but on the Thursday of our 2-19 sailing at the late night show the cruise director said that just as an FYI some pools may be closed for cleaning over next few days and sure enough the main pool was closed the last two days of our trip, too.

Welcome home York!

Thanks Brandon.

I'm watching the webcam right now. I'm in the car on the way to the port!

Have fun. Just a quick note: the escalators were broken this morning in Miami so departure has been delayed a little bit. We were supposed to be off 20 minutes ago. Our tag is #17, they've called up to #11 so far.

I'm not sure if it will affect you today.

Thanks Brandon.

Have fun. Just a quick note: the escalators were broken this morning in Miami so departure has been delayed a little bit. We were supposed to be off 20 minutes ago. Our tag is #17, they've called up to #11 so far.

I'm not sure if it will affect you today.

If they delay boarding slightly, no huge deal. We're currently a little behind "schedule"--our McDonald's stop took longer than expected.

I assume the escalators are fixed now?

Also, anything else on the pool? I'm hoping they either fixed it last night or while people are disembarking.

Sent from Tapatalk

If they delay boarding slightly, no huge deal. We're currently a little behind "schedule"--our McDonald's stop took longer than expected.

I assume the escalators are fixed now?

Also, anything else on the pool? I'm hoping they either fixed it last night or while people are disembarking.

Sent from Tapatalk

Nothing new on the pool.

The escalator is still broken. We had to take the stairs. We're off now so hopefully there will not be a delay for you.

Nothing new on the pool.

The escalator is still broken. We had to take the stairs. We're off now so hopefully there will not be a delay for you.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm hoping there won't be any problems. We expect to arrive at the port around noon, so I'm hoping it won't be too delayed.

Sent from Tapatalk