LIVE from NAVIGATOR of the Seas - March 3, 2017

Have fun. Just a quick note: the escalators were broken this morning in Miami so departure has been delayed a little bit. We were supposed to be off 20 minutes ago. Our tag is #17, they've called up to #11 so far.

I'm not sure if it will affect you today.

Escalators also broke down early on in the process on 2/18 when we were in that terminal. They wouldn't let anyone carrying anything use the stairs so it was slow going as groups of 5-6 crammed into that tiny elevator.

Welcome back Tim, just in time for a blizzard. :eek:

Really enjioyed the review, I will miss being greatly entertained every day.:)

I have enjoyed following your time aboard the Navigator. Thanks for keeping me entertained.

Thanks "Rat" for always a fun time with your blog. I guess next up is our "Home Away From Home" on Lady G. You'll be on her before me so I'm wondering if there'll be any noticeable changes after dry dock in April. Stay Safe.

Thanks everyone.

Escalators also broke down early on in the process on 2/18 when we were in that terminal. They wouldn't let anyone carrying anything use the stairs so it was slow going as groups of 5-6 crammed into that tiny elevator.

We were ON the escalator when it broke on 2/18. No one was hurt, but everyone was thrown forward when it stopped suddenly and the treads tilted. Everyone had to climb back up to the second floor and take the elevator. They seem to have a little problem with them.

Thoroughly enjoyable review. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. :D

Can't say if it's related or not but on the Thursday of our 2-19 sailing at the late night show the cruise director said that just as an FYI some pools may be closed for cleaning over next few days and sure enough the main pool was closed the last two days of our trip, too.

This would suck if this is now part of their daily routine. They usually clean them at night. I don't think cruisers will take kindly to a main amenity being closed on a sea day.

Thank you for the fun and entertaining live review... makes me think I "may" want to venture into the world of 'live reviews' next week on FOS...

Did you take pictures with a mobile device? I will have to get a way to transfer pics from my camera to my iPad/iPhone.

Enjoyed the virtual version of our November voyage! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 3 and I still haven't met our stateroom attendant yet.

Your cabin attendant was probably Alex, we had him last month on deck 9 and yes he did his job and was out of site most of the time. In fact we didn't see many cabin attendants in the halls throughout the cruise. When we needed special service after 9 pm we did have to call the front desk and someone other than attendant give us an extra towel and pillow. The head of housekeeping was brand new the week we cruised, Will continue to read this thread to see if you find out who your attendant is and your thoughts on ports of call. We are taking this itinerary next year but on the Serenade of the Seas another of our favorite ships.

Your cabin attendant was probably Alex, we had him last month on deck 9 and yes he did his job and was out of site most of the time. In fact we didn't see many cabin attendants in the halls throughout the cruise. When we needed special service after 9 pm we did have to call the front desk and someone other than attendant give us an extra towel and pillow. The head of housekeeping was brand new the week we cruised, Will continue to read this thread to see if you find out who your attendant is and your thoughts on ports of call. We are taking this itinerary next year but on the Serenade of the Seas another of our favorite ships.

Our attendant's name was Kevin. I found that out on day 9. :)

What the hell exactly is "Soccer Tennis"???

I think I need to go investigate this.

ef43750129674176d6b4625cf6dc600b.jpg

Reply is a little late and maybe already answered, but soccer tennis is very simple. You play it on a tennis field, with the net in the middle and the soccer ball can only bounce once and you have to kick it over the net to the other team, like you would do with tennis.

Another lovely villainous review.

That is the craziest stateroom attendant story. Are you going to mention it in your post cruise review? Either he's at the end of a contract or he has zero social/people skills. At least he kept the room clean.

I'm guessing you will be treating your PCD over at Andrew's thread. "see" you there.

That is the craziest stateroom attendant story. Are you going to mention it in your post cruise review? Either he's at the end of a contract or he has zero social/people skills. At least he kept the room clean.

Thanks Wolfie. I promise to get back on track with the trivia team names on our next cruise. :)

I don't think I'm going to crush the stateroom attendant in the survey. I don't have any complaints with the way he kept our room nice and tidy. He's just a little socially awkward.

I can think of two stateroom attendants that we had in the past that I wish were as quiet as this guy!

Thank you for the fun and entertaining live review... makes me think I "may" want to venture into the world of 'live reviews' next week on FOS...

Did you take pictures with a mobile device? I will have to get a way to transfer pics from my camera to my iPad/iPhone.

I only used my iPhone to take pictures for the review and the Cruise Critic app to post everything. I would never do another review if I still had to use something like photobucket. That is just too time consuming. I can't believe some people still do reviews that way.

And now with the new version of Cruise Critic, you can upload the highest resolution of each photo and not have to worry about it being too big on Safari, Firefox, etc.

And now with the new version of Cruise Critic, you can upload the highest resolution of each photo and not have to worry about it being too big on Safari, Firefox, etc.

Yeah, I think many missed that change with the site upgrade.

Thanks Wolfie. I promise to get back on track with the trivia team names on our next cruise. :)

I don't think I'm going to crush the stateroom attendant in the survey. I don't have any complaints with the way he kept our room nice and tidy. He's just a little socially awkward.

I can think of two stateroom attendants that we had in the past that I wish were as quiet as this guy!

I would not complain about your attendant either. After all, their job is to clean the room. We have been lucky in that most of our attendants have been friendly but the important thing is, did they do the job?