LIVE from NAVIGATOR of the Seas - March 3, 2017

NAH, I wouldn't have crushed him either. I'm just surprised he never introduced himself. I thought they were required to do it. The few that we had that were either shy or still learning English weren't that invisible. He must have superpowers.

Looking forward to the trivia names next time. I'm going to lose my mind on the fall Harmony sailing with all of you guys at the same time. Wish we could join in but too close to our October sailing.

I only used my iPhone to take pictures for the review and the Cruise Critic app to post everything. I would never do another review if I still had to use something like photobucket. That is just too time consuming. I can't believe some people still do reviews that way.

And now with the new version of Cruise Critic, you can upload the highest resolution of each photo and not have to worry about it being too big on Safari, Firefox, etc.

Good information thanks! I use tapatalk because of the fact you could post high resolution pics forever ago with it. I may have to check out CC app again now.

I only used my iPhone to take pictures for the review and the Cruise Critic app to post everything. I would never do another review if I still had to use something like photobucket. That is just too time consuming. I can't believe some people still do reviews that way.

And now with the new version of Cruise Critic, you can upload the highest resolution of each photo and not have to worry about it being too big on Safari, Firefox, etc.

Thanks! I think I will get the connector for the SD card to download select pics from my camera...

I agree the APP has made my life easier - not to mention the savings of no longer needing the paid Photobucket account. [emoji51] More money in the cruise budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RANDOM THOUGHTS

-As mentioned before, no Guac & Chips at the Schooner Bar or “Izumi to Go” on this sailing. I’m not sure if that is permanent but they were both offered on recent sailings.

-The Solarium on the Voyager & Freedom classes are my favorites. I love the big pool and open air.

-The Gym on the Voyager & Freedom classes are also my favorites.

-I was expecting the worst with the wifi but it wasn’t that bad. Streaming was out of the question but I was able to do everything else most of the time without any problems. There were only a few times where it was too slow to upload photos.

-Do NOT go to the Plaza Resort in Bonaire unless you don’t care about having a real beach AND you have a ride back to the ship secured. The snorkeling was decent there but leaving at the end of the day was a nightmare. They promised us when we got there that we would be able to get a cab back without any problem. Wrong. They couldn’t get any taxis to come by for 45 minutes. Other people paid strangers to give them rides back to the ship. We were about to do the same before a taxi finally showed up.

-I overheard a guy on Day 9 say that he always goes to the Windjammer for dinner on Day 9 because they sometimes serve leftover lobster. Interesting. Never heard that one before.

-I broke the news to Courtney on the second formal night that this is the last time I’m bringing my suit with me. I’m done. I used to bring a suit and a tux on every cruise. Eventually I just took the suit with me with two different dress shirts and ties. A few years ago I stopped bringing ties. For now on formal night is like any other night to me - buttoned down shirt and nice pants like every other night.

-We have the Grandeur booked for July, the Harmony for September and the Freedom for March 2018. Unfortunately life is getting in the way right now (work) so I may have to cancel one, two or all three. Hopefully not.

-Thank you to everyone who read or posted in this thread. I appreciate it. And thank you for all the kind words.

09e132f44dbe0db0d539238751e66c18.jpg

2ae37b14447d91d2d0109e23c272aebb.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

RANDOM THOUGHTS

-As mentioned before, no Guac & Chips at the Schooner Bar or “Izumi to Go” on this sailing. I’m not sure if that is permanent but they were both offered on recent sailings.

-The Solarium on the Voyager & Freedom classes are my favorites. I love the big pool and open air.

-The Gym on the Voyager & Freedom classes are also my favorites.

-I was expecting the worst with the wifi but it wasn’t that bad. Streaming was out of the question but I was able to do everything else most of the time without any problems. There were only a few times where it was too slow to upload photos.

-Do NOT go to the Plaza Resort in Bonaire unless you don’t care about having a real beach AND you have a ride back to the ship secured. The snorkeling was decent there but leaving at the end of the day was a nightmare. They promised us when we got there that we would be able to get a cab back without any problem. Wrong. They couldn’t get any taxis to come by for 45 minutes. Other people paid strangers to give them rides back to the ship. We were about to do the same before a taxi finally showed up.

-I overheard a guy on Day 9 say that he always goes to the Windjammer for dinner on Day 9 because they sometimes serve leftover lobster. Interesting. Never heard that one before.

-I broke the news to Courtney on the second formal night that this is the last time I’m bringing my suit with me. I’m done. I used to bring a suit and a tux on every cruise. Eventually I just took the suit with me with two different dress shirts and ties. A few years ago I stopped bringing ties. For now on formal night is like any other night to me - buttoned down shirt and nice pants like every other night.

-We have the Grandeur booked for July, the Harmony for September and the Freedom for March 2018. Unfortunately life is getting in the way right now (work) so I may have to cancel one, two or all three. Hopefully not.

-Thank you to everyone who read or posted in this thread. I appreciate it. And thank you for all the kind words.

09e132f44dbe0db0d539238751e66c18.jpg

2ae37b14447d91d2d0109e23c272aebb.jpg

I hope you don't have to cancel any of them. That's the upside to Grandeur, we can drive there, air travel and hotel is a cost we're glad to avoid. Although we're going to have to bite the bullet, not much selection on itineraries out of Baltimore, life, bills to pay and a 4-legged child prevent us from doing anything over 7 days ... so .... for '18 we'll have to go south. Waiting for the new itineraries.

I need some info on this... I know what you mean on the time consumption as I just finished all my shot linking from Photobucket?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tim, a great review as always. I'll have Lisa work on Courtney regarding the suit thing if it is an issue. We stopped taking them close to 10 years ago.

When I was walking up the pier today in Labadee, towards Harmony, I though about how I was walking in the footsteps of a legend. After all you were there just a few days ago. You were also the main reason to why I started to do live reviews. I will see you sooner than later.

On a side note I heard you have returned to some miserable weather. Stay warm and if you need help with you PCD you know where to find it.

I hope you don't have to cancel any of them. That's the upside to Grandeur, we can drive there, air travel and hotel is a cost we're glad to avoid. Although we're going to have to bite the bullet, not much selection on itineraries out of Baltimore, life, bills to pay and a 4-legged child prevent us from doing anything over 7 days ... so .... for '18 we'll have to go south. Waiting for the new itineraries.

I love the Vision class and I love Bermuda so a 5-day Grandeur cruise with two beach days at Horseshoe Bay is perfect for me (well 7+ days would be perfect)!

And like you said - no flying, no car rental, etc. All we need is the hotel in Baltimore for the night.

I need some info on this... I know what you mean on the time consumption as I just finished all my shot linking from Photobucket?

When you take a photo with your phone and upload it to your review on the Cruise Critic or Tapatalk app, the app basically makes a copy of the photo so you can delete it from your phone after uploading it to the review.

With photobucket you have to leave the photo exactly where it is forever otherwise it will go offline on Cruise Critic.

The first live review I ever did I took photos with my regular camera, transferred the photos to my laptop, uploaded the photos to photobucket and then copied and pasted the link of every photo to add to my review. Never again.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Tim, a great review as always. I'll have Lisa work on Courtney regarding the suit thing if it is an issue. We stopped taking them close to 10 years ago.

When I was walking up the pier today in Labadee, towards Harmony, I though about how I was walking in the footsteps of a legend. After all you were there just a few days ago. You were also the main reason to why I started to do live reviews. I will see you sooner than later.

On a side note I heard you have returned to some miserable weather. Stay warm and if you need help with you PCD you know where to find it.

Haha. A legend? Wow. Trainman and Radio are the two legends to me. They're the ones that made me want to do a live review.

Looking forward to the rest of your great review. Hopefully there is a photo of a beef patty today!

When you take a photo with your phone and upload it to your review on the Cruise Critic or Tapatalk app, the app basically makes a copy of the photo so you can delete it from your phone after uploading it to the review.

With photobucket you have to leave the photo exactly where it is forever otherwise it will go offline on Cruise Critic.

The first live review I ever did I took photos with my regular camera, transferred the photos to my laptop, uploaded the photos to photobucket and then copied and pasted the link of every photo to add to my review. Never again.

I have a WiFi card in my camera that sends pics to my phone, then I upload to CC with the app. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hopefully you wont have to cancel any of them. But don't cancel harmony. The thought of you and Andrew cruising and posting together has me filled with antici....................pation.

And I feel your pain. Cruising only once in 2017 is about to kill me. And now I am drooling and planning for Celebrity Edge. And that's 2 years away!

ps - Mr Wolf pretty much gave up the tux about 5 years ago. Heck, we've almost given up the MDR.

I have a WiFi card in my camera that sends pics to my phone, then I upload to CC with the app. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That would be the best, as my camera can do the same. However, I am only getting the one device plan.... Still debating whether I want to do a live review. It will be a first for me and I am afraid I will let it cut into my vacation time too much.

I think they're pretty much the same now so either will work.

They are definitely similar. However, from my experience Tapatalk is still better. I have experienced issues with the CC app not displaying the most recent posts or all the pages of some threads. I have posted replies to see them disappear. Then, when I go back to the web-based version, the posts are there but not showing in the app until much later. Not sure if this is related to the old iPad I am using or a recurring problem with the app...

So happy that I found this review !! Always a great read -- I see Dr. Ho is still influencing your food and beverage choices.... LOVED the cabin attendant drama... wonder if he knew what he was in for when he let you take his picture ? probably not.

Binge reading your live review is better than binge watching TV....

Sandy

Yorkvillain,...another question. Is it true that the WJ is closed at 3:30p.m. everyday? Only asking because when we return from being at a port, we have always been able to go for a "light" lunch at the WJ and I've heard recently that the WJ closes each day at 3:30.

Thanks again for all the time you spent with your review and answering all of our questions!