Equinox Ran Aground at Port Everglades?

Pipo

I would highly doubt that the Equinox actually hit the bottom although the video might lead you to believe that. Even a light touch would require an investigation and inspection of the ship.

Just saw a video on local Fl TV news. . Folks were on their deck with their dogs...ship pointing right at them and lots of mud churned up..Kind of scary!

Living on the water has some obvious risks along with many positives....but one would not expect to see a big ship pointed at one's dock ! Wife was obviousky shaken up....

Edited by hcat

I believe this is a new trial service of the new Uber Water Taxi service where the ship comes to your home to pick you up.

Could also drop you off and take luggage right to your door. Now that would be a real Luggage Valet.

There was an oil spill that day at Port Everglades, at dock 18, and Equinox could not use that dock. I am sure as they left deck 25, they had to use a different route to get out of the port. No big deal...

BILL

... but I believe it did touch bottom as seen on all our TV stations.Just saying please don;t get upset............lol

Kathy

We very often are at the rail of ship when leaving ports...almost always when leaving the water looks like some kind of brown thick gravy being stirred up...

If the ship had run aground I doubt it would have been ignored by the captain. I'm betting they got closer than they would like, but not actually hitting the bottom.

just mho.

As Equinox departed on Friday, March 3, she was in her assigned channel at all times under the guidance of specialized local port pilots. The ship operated safely and did not put guests or crew at risk, and multiple monitors confirm the ship never touched bottom. The U.S. Coast Guard reviewed the ship's activity and data and determined no further action was needed.

Saw the homeowner on CNN. He is like one of those idiots that buy a house next to the garbage dump and then complain about the smell.

Wow,My house is by a street but I dont want to see a car coming toward my house.

My wife called from the office and saw the story. She was really angry.

"We're leaving in 15 days to be on the Equinox and this happens. Just my luck to be on a ship that nearly gets in an accident!"

Some people take things very personally.

Me, I don't know anything about steering a ship. Neither do I know anything about flying an airliner. I figure I'm in good hands because neither the Captains nor Pilots want to screw up and want to get home in one piece.

Thank heaven the owner waved to stop the ship. No telling how far inland the Equinox would have traveled if he didn't stop it with his superpower waving action. Maybe they'll make a superhero movie with him in the lead.

If you look at the size of Equinox, and compare it to the size of the patio our new superhero was fending it off from, it is evident the Equinox was still at least a half ship length away, maybe even more - which is well within the channel. And if the Coast Guard determined there was nothing to investigate, then there is nothing to investigate, no matter how NIMBY the owner insists on being.

Wow,My house is by a street but I dont want to see a car coming toward my house.

Does that mean you don't have a driveway?

It is the approach speed that is important, and this one was spinning. It is like maneuvering in a tight parking lot. If you know what you are doing, and doing is slowly enough, it is still safe.

Have you ever been on a ship that is spinning? You've heard of revolutions per minute, well a ship that is spinning is measured in minutes per revolution. It is not moving fast.

No houses, seawalls, ships, water, or fish were damaged. This was more exciting than dangerous.

But X denies it. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

X didn't deny that the homeowners might have been scared. X said that they were not in any danger, and the result prove X correct in this case.

My wife called from the office and saw the story. She was really angry.

"We're leaving in 15 days to be on the Equinox and this happens. Just my luck to be on a ship that nearly gets in an accident!"

So I take it that she doesn't drive, since I don't think there is any car on the road for over two years that hasn't had a close call.

The next thing we hear will be that they suffered psychological damage and will sue the cruise line. Their 15 minutes of fame should be about up.

We had dear friends that had a home on an island in the St. Lawrence Seaway and when we stayed there the huge cargo ships would come by right outside the bedroom window. You would swear they were coming in but that was just the path they took.

Coincidence? Friends on ship report Captain announced at 10am today (Barbados) he was leaving the ship today to go to a meeting in Miami and a new Captain was arriving.

The Captain will be the first Captain for Celebrity Edge and the big announcement for the ship will be on Monday in Miami. My guess is that he is going for the reveal.