Never Say Never.

Well I've learned a lesson re saying I'd never do a P&O cruise. We've been talked into a Mates Rates cruise on the 4th December, 10 days Noumea etc etc the usual. Balcony cabin @ $3198.00 for the pair of us and we get $200.00 OBC, so it basically comes down to $150.00 per night each. Don't know how much our TA will give us yet.

The good part about it is we will know our way around the ship as it will be our third trip on her, the Pacific Explorer AKA the old Dawn Princess. She should be pretty well shaken down after her refirb by then.

After many cruises on various lines my daughter returned to P&O last month. Absolutely loved it, staff great, food fantastic, very impressed. She has cruised a lot and is Elite with Princess so has a pretty good idea of what's good or not. P&O may be back in the game again, I am checking out their cruises after her experience.

We returned to P&O after many years with Princess & Celebrity for a short Pacific Eden cruise in March last year & 'probably' won't again!

I too will be interested in your review as we have enjoyed past cruises on the old Dawn Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They can't be that bad if thousands sail every day now can they?

I think they suit a certain demographic but that's not necessarily us.

We tried Carnival late last year after scoring an absolute bargain on a suite. Did we enjoy it, yes in some ways, but the demographic that Carnival targets doesn't really suit us either.

Also it would be interesting to find out what percentage, on average, are new cruisers and what percentage are repeat cruisers on P&O. On some of the Princess cruises we have done repeat cruisers are at least 50%.

OZkiwijj not your demographics??? So your not from Bris-vegas which rules out P&O, Not upper class posh which rules out RCCL. A bit of old & bit of young & a bit of in between so Carnival goes. So you must be over 50 then Princess is the choice. been on one Princess cruise very laid back & relaxing. Sorry if i offened any-one. But thats the feed-back i been getting. :=). Look forward to new P&O fleet..

Well I've learned a lesson re saying I'd never do a P&O cruise. We've been talked into a Mates Rates cruise on the 4th December, 10 days Noumea etc etc the usual. Balcony cabin @ $3198.00 for the pair of us and we get $200.00 OBC, so it basically comes down to $150.00 per night each. Don't know how much our TA will give us yet.

The good part about it is we will know our way around the ship as it will be our third trip on her, the Pacific Explorer AKA the old Dawn Princess. She should be pretty well shaken down after her refirb by then.

Two Oz travel agents told me that once you have sailed RCI (5 cruises) you wouldn't want to do P&O. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we like Princess and Celebrity best but have managed to enjoy all our cruises so far. And yes, we are over 50. :D

Exactly the same, though did enjoy Cunard and would love to try Silverseas.

And yep both over 50.

Two Oz travel agents told me that once you have sailed RCI (5 cruises) you wouldn't want to do P&O. Thoughts?

For some yes, but I've got friends who love P&O ad yes they have tried RCCL and Princess.

We have cruised Carnival and P & O, total of 6 cruises so far with another cruise on Pacific Jewel in May this year.

We tend to rule out RCI due to the US dollar but if we found a good deal we would give them a go.

We nearly did an 18 night cruise from Hawaii to Sydney in 2015 as the deal was amazing, $218 pp twin interior on Radiance of the seas but was 3 weeks before sailing and very hard to make it all work with flights, hotels, work etc so had to let it go, unfortunately.

We were a bit hesitant to try P & O due to many bad reviews but found a great deal so gave them a go and was pleasantly surprised as we had a great cruise, so giving them another go.

Yeah; I agree. Heard a beer goes for $8 - 9 us dollars. Can get it for $7-9 Aus on other cruisers. Same goes for Cocktails. The cost of Excursions are higher then P&O and Carnival also...

RCI I mean. Some colleagues have said that the USD is a deterrent.

Sailed RCI, Celebrity, Princess, MSC and of course P&O. Loved them all. Good points and bad on all of them. Don't get me started on the Italians on MSC!

A cruise is what you make it. Some one is cleaning your room, washing the dishes and cooking for you. All at a different standard depending which cruise line but all better than what I do here at home. Oh and taking you to new destinations.

Just off the Jewel, P&O have upped their standards and while I would still prefer X or a few other lines, first. If the itinerary, price and timing is right, P&O have my custom as well. P&O certainly know how to put on a party cruise and they do deliver a fun cruise, much more than the RSL of the seas that some people claim..

Good to hear, we will be sailing on her again soon, the timing, itinerary and the price was right so why not, any excuse to get back out there.

Any cruise is what you make of it. Turns out I like to party - Great Gatsby and Bianco nights, excellent parties.:D

Just off the Jewel, P&O have upped their standards and while I would still prefer X or a few other lines, first. If the itinerary, price and timing is right, P&O have my custom as well. P&O certainly know how to put on a party cruise and they do deliver a fun cruise, much more than the RSL of the seas that some people claim..

Good to hear that they've upped their game a bit.