Oasis Class vs. Freedom Class

My family has sailed on the Freedom class ships a few times but never on the Oasis class. For those who have sailed on both types of ships, what are the main differences, which do you prefer, and why ? We generally do spring break cruises with Royal, traveling with a ten year old and a seven year old.

Things Oasis class has that Freedom class does not: Central Park, Boardwalk, zipline, two flowriders, inward facing balconies, aquatheater, Park Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Vitality Cafe, 150 Central Park. I'm sure there are more.

Things Freedom class has that Oasis class does not: Viking Crown open to all guests, larger solarium pool

Edited by clarea

Things Freedom class has that Oasis class does not: Viking Crown open to all guests, larger solarium pool

And my favorite...that wonderful Promenade deck! I would miss that on Oasis class.

Really enjoy the aqua theater and the water shows on the Oasis class. Also has an adults only comedy club. I think the entertainment is definitely better on the Oasis class.

Oasis class are just bigger and very different from any other class of ships. Central Park is very pretty, especially at night. The ships handle the number of guests very well. More pools and just more of everything.

We've sailed both and really love both classes. Think of the Oasis class as a bigger version of the Freedom class but with different neighborhoods thrown in. I find them both similar to navigate. Pros to both:

Freedom class:

-we like the solarium much better on this class, mostly because of the bar stools in the pool (I'm short...and that pool is deep) While the oasis class has a "prettier" solarium, we like a true pool and like that it's completely open air.

-the outdoor promenade deck (I think 4???)

-My husband thinks it's a better size...I don't think the Oasis class is too large...to each their own ;)

Oasis Class:

-LOVE the neighborhoods. You can have a different atmosphere just by strolling this ship. Also helps spread out the crowds a bit

-more entertainment options, or at least it feels that way. We aren't huge show people but we really enjoyed them on these ships

-while the Oasis class doesn't have as nice of an outdoor promenade, they do use it as a running track which I feel is a huge improvement from the track on the upper deck of most ships

-more dining options overall

Keep in mind, our most recent sailing was on the Allure and I feel like my most recent sailings are the most memorable...until the next comes around! We haven't been on the Freedom since 2011 but will be on the Liberty in 3 weeks :D They have been refurbishing to add more features on the Freedom class so the differences are becoming fewer.

We have been on both Freedom and Oasis in the last 8 months.

I LOVE the Solarium on Freedom. It has more padded chairs with a view of the ocean.

Oasis

MANY more food options. Solarium Bistro had a very good breakfast buffet. Park Cafe is great for soup, salad or sandwich. I wasn't impressed with Windjammer, burger was tasteless but DH liked the asparagus soup. I like that Sabor is a la carte. We were stuffed for $20 of food (total for both of us).

We like both, but lean towards Oasis.

Been on Freedom, Oasis and Allure. They are all very nice. I prefer the Freedom for many reasons but definitely as a previous poster mentioned I like the solarium better. That being said, I say try the Oasis class. They're wonderful. In fact, we got a good deal for an anniversary cruise in May and are going with friends on the Oasis for their first cruise. And really, even if it's not your cup of tea, a bad day on a cruise is still better than a great day at work [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really want to try Oasis class but we like GS and cost for a 7 day cruise is over 1k extra per person compared to Freedom class, still may do this for 2018.

Since you travel in GS on Freedom class, can you tell me about the suites only sun deck? Where it is, what kind of chairs, etc. I have Indy booked for 2018 and I last sailed on Allure. Loved the suites sun deck. I know it will be much different on Indy but I can't seem to find photos of it or even find out where it is. Thanks!

Since you travel in GS on Freedom class, can you tell me about the suites only sun deck? Where it is, what kind of chairs, etc. I have Indy booked for 2018 and I last sailed on Allure. Loved the suites sun deck. I know it will be much different on Indy but I can't seem to find photos of it or even find out where it is. Thanks!

If i remember correctlybthe suites sundeck was on one side of the main pool area. It was on the riser section overlooking the pool. Not at all like the suites sundeck on oasis class ship. A lot smaller and no cabanas for you to use.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sundeck on liberty was not good, chairs were great but 2 decks above the pool, Suite seating on Navigator was really nice close to pool and next to bar

My family has sailed on the Freedom class ships a few times but never on the Oasis class. For those who have sailed on both types of ships, what are the main differences, which do you prefer, and why ? We generally do spring break cruises with Royal, traveling with a ten year old and a seven year old.

Your kids might like the waterslides and Abyss on Harmony. My son was 8 when we sailed, and the slides were a big hit.

We like F-class so much better!

O-class has a lot of gimmicks that we do not care for - Board-walk is totally boring and central park is OK but once you have seen it....:rolleyes:

Both areas feel very enclosed and not like a ship - we do not like that at all.

Solarium, pool-deck, promenade, Dining-room all so much better on F-class

O-class does have some more and nice entertainment such as the aqua-shows but that for us is not enough to make up for the downfalls in the deck-spaces.

We've never been on Oasis but we love Freedom! From talking with family that have been on Oasis class, they do love the entertainment and the massive amount of things to do. We love a Freedom because it's big, but not over the top. It's still very easy to "find" the ocean which is a complaint I have heard from some Oasis cruisers as a maybe slight negative.

As others have said, Freedom has a great solarium area. Oasis class is certainly a great set of ships, but you will absolutely not be disappointed with Freedom!

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. At a Houston airport last year, after getting off the Liberty, we ran into a large family who all said they much preferred the F class over the O class, after having sailed both.

The Oasis was parked near us in Jamaica last year and it's sheer size was impressive. More than likely we will give that class a try within a year or two. I just feel real comfortable on the F class and the Voyager class, having sailed on them nine times.

One question, though, our son really enjoyed the water park area on the Liberty, is the children's pool area comparable on the Oasis ?

We have sailed Oasis Western route and will sail Eastern route on Oasis next month... We love Oasis but we have booked a cruise on Freedom for 2018 to see some different ports. Have heard many positive things about FOS so we are looking forward to experiencing it!

We really miss Freedom here in PC. Wish they would send her back home where she belongs! Saturday sailing day is available for her! ;)

Oasis has the theme park type atmosphere, which many like, but I still prefer the smaller

ships. Though the shows are nice on Oasis class.

One thing we really miss is having a Concierge Lounge, which has been eliminated on OA class. D+ now kicked back to the Diamond Lounge. :o Have to be in a Grand Suite or above to use the new Suites Lounge. And no Viking Crown Lounge any longer either. :(

I did Freedom first in 2008, Then the Oasis class in 2011 and 2013, back to Freedom in 2015, then back Oasis in 2016. Part of my 2015 review of Freedom was deciding which was my favorite. I picked Freedom as my favorite, but I really loved both of them. In look at your post, I see WE ad FAMILY. I think the Oasis class has a little more for familes. In the end, I'd happily cruise either again and as often as I can.