$7.95 Room Service Charge

What would be fair to all those booking outside of NA rules where cancellation without a penalty is not possible?

Biker, who is no way ready to whip out the dead horse on this one but will sit back and enjoy the entertainment. T- 6 days.

Has Bella shown up?

John whoever wonders how many actual consumer rights lawyers have been posting statute

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Wow, I just read the previous 2 pages and the lawyers are getting into it. It's making my head hurt. I think I'll got to the thread where this Pax is complaining about the cabin on Liberty as her child is in the bunk bed above theirs and affected their sex life during the cruise.

I'm sure some creative folks will find some way of making that the cruise lines fault! :) :) :)

Wow, I just read the previous 2 pages and the lawyers are getting into it. It's making my head hurt. I think I'll got to the thread where this Pax is complaining about the cabin on Liberty as her child is in the bunk bed above theirs and affected their sex life during the cruise.

Link please 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry, but as an attorney when someone quotes a federal statue I simply assume they intend to take legal action. I was providing you advice for free that I would normally charge to provide.

Listen, I hate the change. I have a cruise in just a few weeks so I am caught with this change. This was just badly executed. The proper way to do this was to implement this on all future bookings. I feel like Charlie on the MTA looking for my nickel. It is not hyperbolic to worry that if I were to travel with RC again, they could add a fee for the MDR, or to use the flowrider / rock wall / kids club, after I am paid in full. Again, adding such a fee is their prerogative, just like choosing to sail with RC or another line is mine, but doing it on completed bookings that were told there would be no fee for the service makes me lose trust in the management and will possibly cause me to spend my vacation $ elsewhere.

Making the change on future bookings, or at least only on people that have not paid in full would be far more fair. It’s smart from a customer service point of view since I would not be upset if the rule was in place when I decided to book. It’s smart from a management point of view, since it lets them gauge the impact it has on bookings. This single decision has soured my view RC, for the above stated reasons. Let’s just hope they do not start charging an exit fare while I am on the cruise and demand more $ to get off. Sing with me… “Did he ever return? No he never returned. And his fate is still unlearn'd”

That being said, the contract I signed gives me limited (but not no) rights. There are state law that RC either did not consider, or more likely, assume will be utilized with such infrequency that it does not matter. On my cruise, I will like order RS a few times. When I am back, I may make a strongly worded request that they refund my fees. my guess is they will figure it's worth $25 to not deal with me. we will see.

Well said...toichee! 😃

Because on DISNEY there is a flimsy curtain, hahaha one of my favorite threads EVER!

Never order room service on other lines, but only on Royal because buffet/Windjammer hours are very limited. Exception being Empress of the Seas back in July where Windjammer was open longer hours.

Human nature. People will order more food to justify the $7.95 price. More waste afterwards. Don't see where Royal will profit from this. It will just annoy folks who have been 'loyal to Royal'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, why the rush to rollout this fee? Not seen where food inflation is a factor. Reports I see that there is a deflation regarding food prices. Hurting grocery stores as profit margins are thinner. Restaurants as people are eating out less as food at grocery stores are lower. Why the urgency to increase room service prices now?

Common sense to avoid as much controversy as possible. New room service fee applies only to new bookings after a certain date. Existing bookings not affected. Simple and to the point. Why stir up folks with existing bookings? Any common sense with the bean counters who think up these ideas in Miami?

Listen, I hate the change. I have a cruise in just a few weeks so I am caught with this change. This was just badly executed. The proper way to do this was to implement this on all future bookings. I feel like Charlie on the MTA looking for my nickel. It is not hyperbolic to worry that if I were to travel with RC again, they could add a fee for the MDR, or to use the flowrider / rock wall / kids club, after I am paid in full. Again, adding such a fee is their prerogative, just like choosing to sail with RC or another line is mine, but doing it on completed bookings that were told there would be no fee for the service makes me lose trust in the management and will possibly cause me to spend my vacation $ elsewhere.

I actually went through this just a year back. RCL introduced a fee on their North Star and ifly activities (~$30 each) - with 2 weeks notice.

Pretty much got the same substance of reply from them as you are getting now; though less well detailed or explained. Didn't get as much discussion here as this, even though the magnitude was far greater, as less passengers on this forum were impacted. And the website explicitly stated and promoted that these were complimentary activities, which I don't think they emphasise as much for room service.

So you can take it from that that they will reserve the right to continue such short notice changes where they believe beneficial to their revenue model. It's not the first time, and I don't see anything to suggest it will be the last.

It was 2 or 3 days.

I e:mailed last Wed or Thur I believe and received a phone call yesterday from Executive Guest Relations.

I let her know I understand there are business reasons to do this and there are improvements to the menu. However, the execution of the rollout was horrible. Too short of notice, price increase announced before releasing new menu, and the website not updated to reflect change promptly. I told her the perception is the message focused on the revenue / cost increase first versus delivering improved service.

It was a good conversation. She said they realize they made mistakes in the rollout but they were sticking with what has been announced at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why are people not emailing RC about this? They reversed themselves on getting rid of the under six month C and A discount.

I did. Just a garbage response:

" All activities, services, and prices are subject to change. I want to assure that it was not our direct intention to affect you or any of our guests that have already paid for their reservations in full. Unfortunately, with reservations booked and paid so far in advance, there are times when our changes may impact our guests sailing. Nonetheless, I am sorry for your continued disappointment and once again thank you for your honest feedback." Blah, blah blah.. Just booked another cruise in Nov and not on Royal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have no doubt that legally fees can change once onboard. However, a business who advertised no service charges for a certain amenity, it would be in their best interest to honor that feature for those who booked when that amenity was advertised as no additional cost. Legally they can change the price from free to $7.95. However, they risk the pushback that we are seeing here. Perception is everything. Folks already booked before this announcement have every right to feel that this fee is a contradiction to 'being loyal to Royal'. It goes both ways no matter what the advertising catch phrase is at the time.

Only seeing a late night service fee on Royal's website.

A: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $7.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

Only seeing a late night service fee on Royal's website.

A: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $7.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

Website is frequently inaccurate.