$7.95 Room Service Charge

I don't know, but i think it looks tacky to bring your own bottle of wine to the dinner table when you know they sell this in the dining room.

RCCL has been kind to allow us for special occasions to bring a few bottles of your favorite wine on board to toast in your cabin.

I think if your bring your own bottle they should impose a corkage fee in the MDR aka restaurant type dining area.

I really think a glass of wine you pour from your stateroom which you could have purchased in the bar before hand is more discreet and acceptable to bring in the dining room. You don't disrupt their ability to sell wine at the table and for novice cruisers to see you bring a bottle of wine at the table this may inhibit their ability to make a profit Just my opinion which i know won't be popular.

We'll i knew you may not agree.

It could very well be tacky - it's just that there are much more glaring examples than that. When someone walks into the MDR in shorts on formal night, what's more tacky - their dress or that they are carrying a bottle of wine?

I don't know, but i think it looks tacky to bring your own bottle of wine to the dinner table when you know they sell this in the dining room.

RCCL has been kind to allow us for special occasions to bring a few bottles of your favorite wine on board to toast in your cabin.

I think if your bring your own bottle they should impose a corkage fee in the MDR aka restaurant type dining area.

I really think a glass of wine you pour from your stateroom which you could have purchased in the bar before hand is more discreet and acceptable to bring in the dining room. You don't disrupt their ability to sell wine at the table and for novice cruisers to see you bring a bottle of wine at the table this may inhibit their ability to make a profit Just my opinion which i know won't be popular.

With the ridiculous and outrageous prices they charge, it looks classy to me if someone brings heir own wine.

It could very well be tacky - it's just that there are much more glaring examples than that. When someone walks into the MDR in shorts on formal night, what's more tacky - their dress or that they are carrying a bottle of wine?

Is the wine in a paper bag [emoji12]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Tacky, no. Corkage fee, yes. This option been available even in best on restaurants forever...

Self-dispense - no need for "corkage". :D

Some of the best wineries in the world don't use corks any longer. Screw caps...just take a look at your neighbor to the

south...NZ has some of the first wineries to use screw caps. ;)

...NZ has some of the first wineries to use screw caps. ;)

On a winery tour last weekend, we were told that the industry trend is to use screw tops on wine that is to be consumed fairly soon and corks on wines that are destined for long term cellar storage (reds).

Regardless, the term "corkage" does not only apply to bottles with corks. There's really no relationship intended between the terms and conditions that address corkage and the actual means by which the beverage container is sealed.

Tacky, no. Corkage fee, yes. This option been available even in best on restaurants forever...

Really, I don't know of any restaurants where you can bring your own bottle from home and open it in the restaurant. Our family owned and operated restaurants . I am not saying it's not true but i sure never heard of this.:)

Really, I don't know of any restaurants where you can bring your own bottle from home and open it in the restaurant.
I knew of several, but in every case it was specifically because the restaurants didn't have a license to sell wine, and therefore did not sell wine themselves.

I knew of several, but in every case it was specifically because the restaurants didn't have a license to sell wine, and therefore did not sell wine themselves.

Well that makes sense. If they didn't sell wine then i can understand why they would allow patrons to bring there own bottle.

In Philadelphia and the suburbs, there are many BYOB restaurants. Some charge a corkage fee and some do not.

Really, I don't know of any restaurants where you can bring your own bottle from home and open it in the restaurant. Our family owned and operated restaurants . I am not saying it's not true but i sure never heard of this.:)