Laundry Questions

star81

Hi,

Just starting to pack and as there will be 4 of us in our cabin am wondering if there will be enough hangers for our clothes or should I bring some with me ?

Also do the cabins have an iron in them to give clothes a quick press before putting them on ? I am aware there is a laundry service but don't feel we will need a full blown service just a quick press to get those travel creases out !

Also, if I do my own laundry what type of powder / softener is available ? Do you just charge the purchase and use of this and machines to out cruise cards or is it a coin system ?

The questions you come up with when packing !!

Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

Just starting to pack and as there will be 4 of us in our cabin am wondering if there will be enough hangers for our clothes or should I bring some with me ?

Also do the cabins have an iron in them to give clothes a quick press before putting them on ? I am aware there is a laundry service but don't feel we will need a full blown service just a quick press to get those travel creases out !

Also, if I do my own laundry what type of powder / softener is available ? Do you just charge the purchase and use of this and machines to out cruise cards or is it a coin system ?

Thanks x

We always bring additional hangers. You purchase tokens to run the washer/dryer. Token dispensers are in the laundry room. Irons and ironing boards in each laundry room. We always bring a container of Tide Free with us as my DW has a sensitivity to scents. Not sure what brands are available in the laundry rooms.

Paul

We always bring additional hangers. You purchase tokens to run the washer/dryer. Token dispensers are in the laundry room. Irons and ironing boards in each laundry room. We always bring a container of Tide Free with us as my DW has a sensitivity to scents. Not sure what brands are available in the laundry rooms.

Paul

I have the same problem so we always bring All Free with us. :) If I had my way all drier sheets would be banned. They are a major air pollutant.

I bring wire hangers which I put in the outside zip pocket of my suitcase. While the cabin steward will get you hangers, I want to unpack and get on with it and not wait around to find him and then wait for him to bring them. I leave the hangers at the end of the cruise. Some ships have good drawer/shelf space but on some you have to hang things your ordinarily would put in drawers like polo shirts. I usually take a dozen or so hangers and I have used them all.

Tucker in Texas

Paul

Do you swipe your room card or credit card to purchase the tokens?

Your room card, Tamara. Once you get on board, you are tied to your credit card through your room key, soon to be your medallion.

Hmm, I never realized that. I have taken a bag of quarters with me. Not sure if that was on Princess, or another line. would be nice to be able to use my room card.

Hmm, I never realized that. I have taken a bag of quarters with me. Not sure if that was on Princess, or another line. would be nice to be able to use my room card.

Princess used to use quarters. Over the last two years the ships have all converted to the tokens.

I bring wire hangers which I put in the outside zip pocket of my suitcase. While the cabin steward will get you hangers, I want to unpack and get on with it and not wait around to find him and then wait for him to bring them. I leave the hangers at the end of the cruise. Some ships have good drawer/shelf space but on some you have to hang things your ordinarily would put in drawers like polo shirts. I usually take a dozen or so hangers and I have used them all.

Tucker in Texas

They've always brought us an many wire hangers as we requested and had them by 1 PM.

• 9 months later...
If there are no tokens in one laundry room go to another one to get some.

And get extras if you can! On a past cruise, I had no problem getting the tokens I needed the first time I needed to do laundry, but the machine was broken when we went back days later. I then had to track some other tokens down from another laundry room. I now keep some from our last cruise to get us started on our next one.

denise

And get extras if you can! On a past cruise, I had no problem getting the tokens I needed the first time I needed to do laundry, but the machine was broken when we went back days later. I then had to track some other tokens down from another laundry room. I now keep some from our last cruise to get us started on our next one.

denise

I suppose you could always sell any extras back to them at the end of the trip at the PSD?

Hi,

Thanks x

In addition to hangers you can also order magnets from Amazon

38733919362_0f7d7a6ac0_z.jpgMagnetic Hooks

You can then hang wet bathing suits etc all from the ceiling over the cabin and post notes and invitations on the walls

Howard