Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Meyer Werft FB post with 360 photo taken from within the pit...

“We just went back to the dock and saw the right. Conclusion: everything is fine. The flooding of the construction docks can start on schedule tomorrow and there should be nothing in the way of dock on Saturday.”

9a6d7a781b59033475f788f94c59d3bd.jpg

Meyer Werft FB post with 360 photo taken from within the pit...

“We just went back to the dock and saw the right. Conclusion: everything is fine. The flooding of the construction docks can start on schedule tomorrow and there should be nothing in the way of dock on Saturday.”

9a6d7a781b59033475f788f94c59d3bd.jpg

Having slowly watched its birth - it's truly a feat of engineering to create this beauty !

Tom

I’m honestly not sure. I wouldn’t put much faith in anything that’s appearing online within a reservation at this point. At least on the transatlantic, the whole thing is a cluster-uh, mess.

Same with the Panama Canal voyage. Not able to book dinner or show reservations online. I had to book dinner reservations through the preconcierge. Like you said a cluster...:)

Maybe I missed it, but is the BBQ place, Q, eligible for the Specialty Dining Package? Or is it pure a la carte?

As of yesterday they still weren't 100% sure.

I've had 3 different answers in the last 5 days on that question.

Yes

No

We don't know yet

I've had 3 different answers in the last 5 days on that question.

They need to mirror Food Republic... a la carte and drop in / drop out. Stop down, grab a beer at the bar, grab some food and watch, head out when you’ve had your fill. That would be fantastic, and anything else is too structured for that type of venue.

On the transatlantic, it currently has reservable dining times like any other venue. I’m appreciative it’s not one or two seatings like Supper Club or Cirq Whatever.

The Q

They need to mirror Food Republic... a la carte and drop in / drop out.

Stop down, grab a beer at the bar, grab some food and watch, head out when you’ve had your fill.

That would be fantastic, and anything else is too structured for that type of venue.

On the transatlantic, it currently has reservable dining times like any other venue.

I’m appreciative it’s not one or two seatings like Supper Club or Cirq Whatever.

The Q ...Smoked over hickory, oak and pecan wood, all our meats are infused with delicious flavors –

whether ribs, chicken or brisket. Dig into some authentic Texas BBQ ...

• À la carte Items on menu are individually priced.
  • An 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment.

Yes, looks like an alternative for the Brazilian Moderno.

À la carte Items on menu are individually priced.

I was responding in the context of not being part of the dining package (similar to how Food Republic is setup).

I have no problem dropping into FR and grabbing one or two items and then heading out. For any other venue that counts toward SDP, I mentally feel like it’s more full-meal focused. I suppose I could learn to get over this through therapy, but damn those high deductible health plans.

I was responding in the context of not being part of the dining package (similar to how Food Republic is setup).

I have no problem dropping into FR and grabbing one or two items and then heading out.

For any other venue that counts toward SDP, I mentally feel like it’s more full-meal focused.

I suppose I could learn to get over this through therapy, but damn those high deductible health plans.

I understand; DW Catherine keeps reminding me that she is on a low-carb diet.

Translated from NDR:

Just under 16 months after the start of construction in October 2016, the time has come: The cruise liner "Norwegian Bliss" will be decompressed tomorrow. Numerous spectators are expected when the newest luxury liner of the Meyer shipyard gets into the fresh air. NDR.de transmits the maneuver here at this point in the livestream.

The preparations have meanwhile reached the final phase: on Thursday the dock was flooded. Previously, there were still numerous fine work and decreases on the underwater vessel necessary - the part that is later submerged and then only difficult to access. Up to 2,000 workers daily have taken care of the tasks involved. According to press spokesman Günther Kolbe, areas such as the deck and the balconies were completed in the final sprint, because they have to be weatherproof after being undocked. Already last weekend, the propellers were mounted. "We are fully on schedule," says Kolbe.

After undocking, the "Norwegian Bliss" will moor at the yard's equipment pier, where she gets her chimney from a heavy duty crane. Until the Ems overpass, which is scheduled for the second weekend of March, according to Kolbe further equipment works, trials and acceptances are carried out by the shipping company. At the beginning of March, the first of the approximately 1,600 crew members will board the ship to start training. On April 19, the ship is to be handed over to the shipping company Norwegian Cruise Line in Bremerhaven.

Saw Bliss today at Meyer Werft visitor Tour

Do you happen to have the Tapatalk app? It’s now much better at posting higher-quality photos.

Thanks for posting the lifeboats! Just last night I was telling someone, “surprised we haven’t seen the arrival of lifeboats yet.” Good timing!