Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

"Norwegian Bliss is the next new build to launch in April 2018, and Stuart promised UK agents loads of opportunities to join the inaugural sailing from Germany to Southampton, to be revealed later this month."

[url=]http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/291077/agents-earning-up-to-40-more-on-norwegian-cruise-lines-premium-all-inclusive[/url]

"Norwegian Bliss is the next new build to launch in April 2018, and Stuart promised UK agents loads of opportunities to join the inaugural sailing from Germany to Southampton, to be revealed later this month."

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/291077/agents-earning-up-to-40-more-on-norwegian-cruise-lines-premium-all-inclusive

Norwegian Bliss is the next new build to launch in April 2018,

and Stuart promised UK agents loads of opportunities to join the inaugural

sailing from Germany to Southampton, to be revealed later this month.

Nice post.

I hope they don't drink all of our beer before the TransAtlantic. :-) j/k

Note to NCL... This time, have kegs ready to load in So'ton for the crossing to NYC..

Edited by $hip$hape

Norwegian Bliss is the next new build to launch in April 2018,

and Stuart promised UK agents loads of opportunities to join the inaugural

sailing from Germany to Southampton, to be revealed later this month.

Nice post.

I hope they don't drink all of our beer before the TransAtlantic. :-) j/k

Note to NCL... This time, have kegs ready to load in So'ton for the crossing to NYC..

Plus sell some revenue rooms on that sailing! :D

We are just back from 22 days on the Getaway. Many of the staff onboard have learned that they will be on the Bliss, including Silas the Cruise Director( my favorite!!) and Carolina the Cruise Next Manager. We had dinner with the second staff captain (third in line after Captain and Staff Captain), and he was getting ready to go to Germany to help prepare the ship. He's getting married on his vacation in March, but will be back on board for the first Panama Canal sailing (probably with his new wife, a former singer/dancer). He told us who the Staff Captain will be also, but I forgot his name too. He said the Staff Captain will be retiring soon, so he hopes to get his job and remain on the Bliss.

Hopefully NCL will make a public anouncement soon listing the senior officers, since the decisions have been made, and my memory is poor.ffb4ead20d0448a68a0b3977e803595c.jpg52f34075081d501c1e092e8f47422d9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We are just back from 22 days on the Getaway. Many of the staff onboard have learned that they will be on the Bliss, including Silas the Cruise Director( my favorite!!) and Carolina the Cruise Next Manager. We had dinner with the second staff captain (third in line after Captain and Staff Captain), and he was getting ready to go to Germany to help prepare the ship. He's getting married on his vacation in March, but will be back on board for the first Panama Canal sailing (probably with his new wife, a former singer/dancer). He told us who the Staff Captain will be also, but I forgot his name too. He said the Staff Captain will be retiring soon, so he hopes to get his job and remain on the Bliss.

Hopefully NCL will make a public anouncement soon listing the senior officers, since the decisions have been made, and my memory is poor.ffb4ead20d0448a68a0b3977e803595c.jpg52f34075081d501c1e092e8f47422d9c.jpg

Thanks for the info. I don’t think I’ve had the privilege to meet any of them, but they sound like a great group. I can’t wait to hear the official announcement on the staff. A while back we’d seen reports that Tyler the CD from the Escape was moving to the Bliss, so I guess that news - like many things - is always subject to change. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. I don’t think I’ve had the privilege to meet any of them, but they sound like a great group. I can’t wait to hear the official announcement on the staff. A while back we’d seen reports that Tyler the CD from the Escape was moving to the Bliss, so I guess that news - like many things - is always subject to change. [emoji846]

They may be rotating Silas and Tyler, but Silas said he should be there for the Canal.

A while back we’d seen reports that Tyler the CD from the Escape was moving to the Bliss, so I guess that news - like many things - is always subject to change.

Silas would make more sense to me, carrying the straight-laced image over Tyler's party-guy persona. Didn't Silas work as assistant under Julie before taking the Escape reigns? Assuming Julie is still around, I assume she's orchestrating the Bliss launch on the entertainment side.

We were also on the recent Getaway TA and have been on other ships with both Silas and Tyler in the Caribbean over the past 12 months or so. In our opinion Tyler is much better... Far livelier and far more able adapt the entertainment programme where necessary. Adapting the programme astutely is simply beyond Silas as his crass decision making around the 80's, Caribbean & Latino parties exemplified.

We'd also heard that Tyler was going to be on the Bliss which was slightly disappointing as we had hoped it would be Julie.

Silas told our group that he expected to be on the Bliss. Can't say any of us where thrilled by the prospect.

Silas is professional enough but makes the usually funny shows seem dull. He's about the ship plenty but just doesn't have the entertainer in him that Tyler (or for that matter Tyler's replacement on the Escape) has.

Still hoping that it will turn out to be Julie, her style and sereneness put her at a higher level.

As for the Cruise Consultant the Colombian lady (Carolina) on the Getaway TA was superb and incredibly knowledgeable...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Meyer Werft shared a 360 degree pic on their FB page. Looks neat!

Okay you finally got me out of the “lurker shadows”. That is a great pic. I’ve been enjoying following along. Thank you for the great pictures. Thanks to this page we (RCI and X cruisers) are going to give NCL a try. We booked our first NCL cruise on Bliss for Super Bowl 53 (Feb 2, 2019)

One "nice thing" about new Carnival builds are the occasional video walkthroughs (usually by John Heald) showing different venues at various stages of completion ... and talking the ship up.

I assume that NCL lacks a comparable "Brand Ambassador" to do these kinds of things, correct?

Tom

One "nice thing" about new Carnival builds are the occasional video walkthroughs (usually by John Heald) showing different venues at various stages of completion ... and talking the ship up.

I assume that NCL lacks a comparable "Brand Ambassador" to do these kinds of things, correct?

Tom

Correct. Celebrity has a great series too, unfortunately NCL has nothing.

Okay you finally got me out of the “lurker shadows”. That is a great pic. I’ve been enjoying following along. Thank you for the great pictures. Thanks to this page we (RCI and X cruisers) are going to give NCL a try. We booked our first NCL cruise on Bliss for Super Bowl 53 (Feb 2, 2019)

Much appreciated, thanks for your kind words. Hopefully you will enjoy NCL as much as we all do, with Bliss as a first time experience you won't go wrong (taking in that you have some perks like UBP or dining to try it all!).

I personally am still trying to squeeze in a Bliss cruise somewhere, really wanting to sail this one!

The gap in the May/June 2018 schedule is partly solved;

Miami, Florida (10 May d1700);

Cartagena, Colombia (13 May 0700-1400);

Puntarenas, Costa Rica (16 May 0700-1700);

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala (18 May 0800-1800);

Puerto Chiapas, Mexico (19 May 0800-1700);

Manzanillo, Mexico (21 May 1000-1800);

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (22 May 0800-1700);

Los Angeles, California (25 May a0700)

?

Seattle, Washington (02 Jun d1700);

Ketchikan, Alaska (04 Jun 0700-1500);

Juneau, Alaska (05 Jun 0700-1330);

Skagway, Alaska (06 Jun 0700-1730);

Victoria, British Columbia (08 Jun 1600-2200);

Seattle, Washington (09 Jun a0800)

"Avoya .. .. .. to host the land component of the conference after which member agencies will board the Norwegian Bliss for its invitation-only inaugural sailing from May 25 to 27."

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/avoya-travel-announces-2018-conference-on-land-and-at-sea-onboard-norwegian-bliss

Freestyle Novice:

I was told awhile ago that there were 2 FAM type show-off trips, one in NYC from May 3 to Miami on May 10 (we tried to book it through and have to vacate for the week), and then in LA to Seattle on the other side. I am sure that is the gap!

Freestyle Novice:

I was told awhile ago that there were 2 FAM type show-off trips, one in NYC from May 3 to Miami on May 10 (we tried to book it through and have to vacate for the week), and then in LA to Seattle on the other side. I am sure that is the gap!

Thanks! You should rename the ship for your in between cruise; Norwegian Stowaway! ;)

Does anyone know when excursions will starting showing up for this ship?

My wife and I are on the PC cruise out of Mia. in 2018. The excursions started to show up roughly 3 months ago. Log in to your NCL cruise and it will show what is available for each port. :D